Our draft day trade downs...stil no explanation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, May 1, 2006.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Alright for all of the trades down we made on day one and 2, we must hve gained something in either playersor future picks, but did they disclose what we got?? I am sure they would not just rade down so that another team could have a higher pick, but I cannot find what we got nywhere.

In round 2 we went from 35 to 49, a move and a pick I dont like, tradin with Washington, and picked at 49 from Dallas...how did that work?

In round 3 we gave the 71st pick to Philly, no info about it anywhere...and moved down just a few spots.....

In most of those trades you can see where we got other picks in this draft,but almost all of those trdes moved us down, particularly in round 2 when we went down and took a QB that was rated lower than Whitehurst and Croyle and culd have been taken in like round 3, maybe 4....did we really HAVE to have Clemens? e'll see how he turns out...

but anyways those trdes in round 2 and 3 that moved us down better have yielded somethin because there's no way, in my my understanding, that we'd trade down just to give ourselves worse draft position.

2. vilma baby

vilma baby New Member

did you watch the draft? we traded back with washington for their second rounder next year and then trade up with dallas and gave them i believe a 6th and 7th. And we traded on day two for dallas's 6th round pick

3. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

the 2nd round trade down netted a 2nd for next year

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Round 2: Traded down to 53, picked up a 6th rounder and a 2nd rounder next season. Then we traded back up a few picks, gave up a 6th and 7th rounder, and we got Clemens.

5. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Self promotion!
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=5803
    More self promotion!
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=5988

6. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

No I did not, I was in the air between Fiji and Sydney, so I saw nothing, that is why I am so confused...

7. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Jtuds, is yer brain upside down? I told you about the first trade down in the thread you started. Geeze.... ever heard of NFL.com?

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

stick to hockey dude...this is your worst post yet...maybe the leafs will make it back to the playoffs this year

9. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Yeah I know you did but the explanation confused me because you made it seem like we got ripped off. Looking at some of the trades it certainly does look that way for a couple trades, like what we did in round 2m 3 picks traded away just to move up 4 spots and take a QB that was rated lower than Whitehurst and Croyle?

Anyways, at least I know now so I will stop asking.

10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

it seems as if you still dont get it...the moves we made in the 2nd round was probably the best draft day maneuvering we've seen by the jets i a long long time

11. Axis

Axis New Member

I love how they got that 6th round pick back from Dallas so they could draft in every round.

Smart moves by the FO this past weekend.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Whenever I want to understand these things, I actually look for the info in threads on the board.