Our d

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Tight, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Tight

Tight Active Member

I did'nt see a thread about this, merge if needed.

It would be nice if our D could play with the intensity they played in the 4th quarter every game.

This was the best our D has looked so far imo.

Why cant we play like this straight out the tunnel ? I understand that this was browns, but it felt good to see the d actually make some stops when needed. Maybe were adjusting to the 3-4.

Thanks

Heres to our d playing like this every week.

Cheers

2. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

i really hope that mangini finally realizes that those blitzes actually work. Im so frustrated when i see on third and long we rush three and the quarterback has enough time to cook a thanksgiving dinner in the pocket. As in other games, blitzes have worked to pressure the QB and force mistakes, but nooooooooooooooo mangini cant recognize that he needs to put pressure on the QB to have any success on D. Not to mention the blitzing stuffed droughns. I lvoe mangini dont get me wrong, his discipline and overall attitude has the organization heading in a positive direction. But im extremely dissapointed with the defense. Mangini was regarded as this great defensive mind but our defense is just awful 90% of the time.

3. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

I feel like the Browns became more predictable. I dont think it was intensity, i think it was play calling. We knew, at least I knew and im hoping the CS knew, that the Browns were gonna come out running. But we didnt run blitz. The linebackers dropped back into coverage and when Droughnes got past the Dline, he hit the line backers off balanced because they were dropping back so Droughnes drove the linebackers back for a few more yards. When the linebackers had momentum coming at him, it was much easier to to bring the guy down.

4. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

The D played well in the 4th because the Browns were playing conservative with a 20-3 lead. It was obvious what plays the browns were going to run, run, run. The 4th qtr Def is misleading.

5. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

One thing that bugs me about the defense is the apparent lack of aggressiveness. Aside from Barton and Miller, there aren't many players that play with a mean streak. It may or may not add anything to their play on the field, but at least it would make them seem more intimidating than the skirt-wearing pansies they are now.

6. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

The 3 man rushes have to stop when it's 3rd down...

Frye had so much time to throw today for the first 3 quarters.

7. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Our D sucks 3 out of 4 quarters every game. This was the first 4th quarter that we played some good D.

8. Tight

Tight Active Member

Eh I dunno. We usually have an idea when the other team is running and we still cant do anything. Today we knew they were running and made some stops. Thats the difference.

9. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

I did see No. 77 late in the fourth quarter and one time I saw that they had to doubleteam him. I think he made the biggest difference. DUring the game, they were showing how they the Browns OL was tying up each Jet lineman with just one man, leaving nobody free to make the tackle.

10. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

Bingo. That the Browns scored as many as they did should be the most relevant thread topic, not how well we played--like soh vet alluded to---in the fourth quarter and obvious run plays coming.

11. faree

faree Member

I just do not understand why you cannot make any adjustments to stop the run on this defense. Week in and week out runningbacks seem to have a season high day against the jets.