Ouija Board, oh Ouija Board

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by shabbtastic, Dec 18, 2006.

1. shabbtastic

shabbtastic Well-Known Member

Okay okay, we beat Miami & Oakland and we're in the playoffs :shit:

What chance do we have against "playoff teams"? I mean us being a PO team but seriously, are we a team that can do damage? I'm having a hard time thinking we are. And oh yeah, before the "come on man we were a 4-12 team last year" bullshit, we were considered contenders at the start of 05 were we not. I say we win one and done baring we don't get NE in the first round.

2. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

slooooww dowwwwwnn...

3. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

The fact is that we were 4-12 last year because we didn't have a great team. We lost our QB and our defense was much more porous than anybody thought. Even with a healthy Pennington I still don't believe we win more than 8 games last year. About this year, I think any team can win in the playoffs. However any team we will have to go up against will be heavily favored to beat us and we will have a lot of trouble. I really don't even want to worry about the playoffs. If we get there that will be a big enough accomplishement in itself.

Edit: by the way, before you post read over what you are writing.. you make absolutely no sense in most of that.

#3 GreyhoundJet, Dec 18, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

500 posts. Not 50 posts. Get on it Petrozza. :)

5. shabbtastic

shabbtastic Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm not as cool as you, but I promise I will try my hardest to be...:up:

6. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

You don't have to be cool. You just have to make sense.

7. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

First off I am happy right now with 8 wins. If we win 2 more and get to the playoffs, well thats just gravy. My football season this year has been great. Way beyond what I was expecting this season. To see what rebuilding teams are supposed to be like, take a look at the 49rs for the last 2 years.

To answer your question regarding would we be dangerous in the post season? YES. We would be dangerous. Any team, caught at the right time, can be dangerous in the NFL. I don't care what a teams wins and losses were in the regular season. It doesnt matter. Come January everyone is at 0. Say we play the Colts. Do you think Mangini might game plan for them a bit better than he did the first time me wet this year? I would hope so. And we gave them a GOOD run for their money. What was that our second or third game this year lol?

Any NFL team can be dangerous to play. That includes the next two teams we play this season. Lets focus on the next two and be thankfull we still have a nice amount of hope for this season to be extended. And if we are going to look into the future try thinking about what our team will look like next year with an entire season under the rookie coaches belts:)

#7 fake_crs, Dec 18, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  8. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

In what way is that bullshit? Its cold hard facts mate... we were 4-12 and you cant say yehh but this or that made us better because THAT is the bullshit. Saying that we weren't and absolutely horrible 4-12 team last year is wrong because we were

9. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

I we go to the playoffs we would probably see the Cots or Patriots i wouldnt mind playing either of those teams cause one we New England in New England and the Colts defense is garbage and would be easy to score on.The easier match up would be Indy but id rather beat the pats again.

10. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 10-6 does not gaurantee us a berth in the playoffs. We have a good chance, but not a lock.

Plus, The Dolphins will play us really hard and Oakland will still want to kick our butts, too. Anybody thinking that we do not have to take either of these teams seriously, are sadly mistaken.

Do the Lions ring any bells?

11. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

12. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

You mean this isn't highschool??

nah seriously...just make sense.
    :up:

13. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

if jax loses to the pats, we win out, we're in

14. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

If we play NE in the WC round it will be ugly for us, IMHO. Bellichump's probably been kicking himself since Mangini got the upset. He'll pull out all the stops, and pretend the Jets are being coached by Vincent Shenocca.

Or maybe Mangini does it again, if the bounces go right.

15. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Yehhhh...you're right...but, let's face it, we as fans can dream and conjecture.

It's the Jets' JOB to be focused on this week only no matter what else is going on, or what we the fans are saying.