Other Teams Impressed with Jets Draft (Media Bias)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Toon is God, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Toon is God

Toon is God Active Member

Just heard Daniel Jeremiah of NFL Network state that one of the things he does after day 2 of the draft is call around to see what teams are doing well in other teams eyes. He said despite all the bashing the Jets are taking from the media (Defense in first round, Geno in second) all the people he talked to loved the Jets draft. He specifically mentioned the great value we got with each pick.

It's a new era, the leaks are done, we're building through the draft, no more silly trade ups. I'm excited and officially a sunshiner. Idz looking good for the jets.

2. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Don't put the cart before the horse...

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

We needed a solid draft and we got a GREAT draft.

Idzik has done wonders for this franchise as of right now.

4. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Its not over yet. Would love to get a safety and a tight end and some depth at another position with the last 3 picks.

Would someone named Rambo not be perfect for an attacking Rex Ryan defense?

5. TheSHRIKE81

TheSHRIKE81 Member

I am definitely much less upset after the second round but I'm still very skeptical. I still don't know why we needed another DT or a cornerback as high as we got one. I mean, we are already in solid shape at both positions for the most part and don't need to use first round picks on them. IMO anyway.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

WR is a need but we can survive with Holmes, Kerley, Edwards??, and Hill for this season. Maybe they draft a receiver with the 5th pick.

Once free agency is over we need to add a young veteran at safety to go along with Landry, Bush and Allen.

So far I love what we've done in the draft. I didn't agree with our 1st round picks but after thinking about it I love it now. We solidify the d line and cb positions. We got a potential franchise QB in the 2nd round and filled a need with a guard. We've drafted 4 future starters this is awesome.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If the leaks were done, we wouldn't have heard about the Jets' interest in Geno Smith the morning before they drafted him.

But I am really coming around to this draft.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

we didn't need a dt or a cb. but they were the bpa and idzick made the right move. keep adding the bpa regardless of postion and the odds the picks pan out go up. keep this up and eventually you have a talented roster.

you will see. when the d line is dominant and we have a top tier secondary you will be happy with this draft

9. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Assuming we resign Braylon, the combination of Santonio, Braylon, Kerley and Hill is more than adequate for this year. That's an average at worst group, and I don't think it's a weakness for this year at all. We do need to look at it soon, but it's not as a dire need as some other spots.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

leaks didn't come from the jets. they came from teams the Jets called to trade up with.

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Well Woody with his "younger and faster" comment is a leak. They tipped their hand and instead of getting Austin they took Milliner. I'd have rather have had Austin.

And to be fair I've been highly critical of our draft but I respect that other GM's and teams feel we have had a really goond one. I really like the Winters pick as he is nasty. He's going to be a solid player on our OL for years and hopefully slides in between Mangold and Brick to give our left side some awesome protection. Major upgrade at that position.

12. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Please god yes, Rambo would be perfect.

13. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Not that I really care but Schefter liked the Jets draft when they took Geno

14. ctjetsguy

ctjetsguy Active Member

I'd be pumped about Bacarri. I think he'd be a great fit

15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'm loving John Idzik right now. He got 3 players with extremely good value at our picks and then he drafted an OG and signed another one, he also got another talented HB.

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I find it funny how really the only people bashing the Jets are Jets fans. This is the best two days we've had as a franchise in the past two years and we're finding ways to bitch and call for our GM's head on a stick. That's why we get the reputation we get.

17. ctjetsguy

ctjetsguy Active Member

Exactly. People want our team to move in a different, smarter direction...we do exactly that and it's the worst thing ever. Oh, Sanchez sucks? Start McElroy? We get the best quarterback in the draft a pick 39, and "we should have held out for Bridgewater next year! wahhhhh!" SMDH

18. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I still don't get how that younger and faster comment is a leak. First, well duh they are going to get younger in the draft. Also, it's pretty obvious they were going to get faster no matter who they drafted.

19. mikey

mikey Active Member

In the end, we all know Rex is a defensive genius. Developing a scheme that incorporates more 4-3 looks might be the next chapter. Richardson has a lot of potential.

20. AlToon

AlToon Member