Open Letter to the NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Oct 13, 2020.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I know people from the Jets look at this message board, so I am writing this open letter to the entire organization, and in particular ownership.

Dear NY Jets and the Johnson's,

To say this franchise is the laughing stock of the NFL is an understatement. I have been a fan of this team since 1995, and I can tell you this is far worse than 1995 in almost every regard. Not because the team is 0-5, but because of the overall organizations complete commitment to losing.

It has become apparent that the politics inside of the organization are not only destroying the product, but poisoning it. It is shameful that our supposed owner Christopher Johnson, stood up and said with a straight face that Adam Gase is a "brilliant offensive mind". By what metric? By every measurable data point, Adam Gase has routinely led bottom 3 offenses in virtually every category.

I get it. You made a bad hire. It happens. But to double down on it, at the expense of your entire franchise is abhorrent. You should be ashamed of yourselves. First Jamal, soon to be Le'Veon, and eventually Sam Darnold, will be ex-Jets at the expense of our inept head coach.

Speaking of Sam Darnold, I feel bad for him. This organization has done absolutely nothing to support him on the field. We will have ruined his career, like many prior QB prospects in similarly toxic situations.

Ask yourselves, how we went from back to back AFCCG's in 2009 and 2010 to where we are now, 10 years later, with one glimmer of hope in 2015.

This is much bigger than being 0 - 5. You are losing your fanbase at it's core, through various actions that show you simply do not care or even worse simply do not know. And if you do not care, why should we? And if you do not know, sell the team to someone who does. I have a 2 year old, and I am strongly considering pointing him in another direction, should he show interest in football, since at the current trajectory and pattern of actions, we will be in the exact same spot then, as we are now.

As such, I will not watch another NY Jets game or purchase a single piece of merchandise until Adam Gase is fired, and the organization shows they are committed to putting a viable winning product on the field.

The current state of the Jets is an utter embarrassment and disgrace. And it has nothing to do with the 0 - 5 record. It has to do with the supposed "leadership" in the building, and the Jets apparent commitment to losing.

Sincerely,

A lifelong, diehard Jets fan, who you have pushed over the edge.

You can sign the petition here.

https://community.sumofus.org/petition/cc534ae1-050d-4b86-bfd0-9f2fe846b29b/?source=copy

#1 TurkJetFan, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  2. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Amen, and send it bro.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

How many times can I like this??

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Can we sticky this boss?

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I've mailed it on this team. I'm rooting for them to lose every single game until Gase is fired.

I'm not an old Jets fan by any means; I'm only 23 years old. I have watched every minute of every game since I started watching in 2009. I watched every moment of the 45-3 game in 2010, I sat in the stands as the Jets got embarrassed on SNF vs the Patriots in 2011, I watched the entire buttfumble game and the entire Greg McElroy game vs Arizona, fuck I even watched the entire "Ghosts" game because why the hell not. This season I have turned 2 games off before halftime (Indy and SF). The only reason I watched the Denver game was because I thought it might be Gase's last as the head coach.

I legitimately do not care about the games on Sunday because I know the team has no chance. Is this team a playoff contender without Gase? Absolutely not, but it should not be this much of an embarrassment. Watching other teams play is like watching a completely different sport. I have absolutely no idea what Christopher Johnson needs to see, but this team is just God awful.

#5 NYJFOREVER, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Can we collect all of these and put together a couple pallets of all of the Jets fans who write them and ship them?

7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it any better. Most of my time as a Jets fan, I would do whatever it takes to catch every single minute, of every single game. This year, I watched the Denver game, and not a single minute more. Why bother? It's worse than the Browns culture at this point.

I'll still follow everything, but I'm not watching this team right now, and definitely not paying money for anything nyj related. Sad.

8. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Excellent post my brother you couldn’t have framed it any better ...the Fact that the Texans and Falcons took action and fired their HC and Gase is still here mine boggling!!....you know Jamal Adams made statements before he was traded about Adam Gase and him not being the right person for his job...Many of us including myself thought that this was just sour grapes on a player who wanted a new contract.....Sadly five weeks in Adams was Spot on!!....To the Johnson Brothers if you guys don’t make a move and real soon you’re going to lose the Fanbase

9. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Been diehard jet fan since early 70s, this is lowest point in my fandom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Well said, I would throw in Robbie too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barfolomew and Brook! like this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Here's my open letter to the Jets.

To whom it may concern:

Fuck you.

Sincerely,

HomeoftheJets

Lon Chaney, PabloJa, K'OB and 9 others like this.
  12. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Grow up! The Johnsons need to get a Covid vaccine on the market. The Jets will be fine if they do it right this time.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

done

Brook! likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Plus 10k Turk

But it's falling on Deaf Ears

Let the Johnson reap another fortune with the Vacine

At least all of us here and on Planet Earth will benefit

Life goes on without the Green Monster NYJ ...just saying

TurkJetFan likes this.
  15. TurkJetFan

just did.

16. TurkJetFan

life definitely goes on. No question.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Great letter! Too bad we can't collect thousands of signatures to attach to it and send it to the Clueless Brothers.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. TurkJetFan

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

20. TurkJetFan