Ok I'll say it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Sep 26, 2021.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll say it. The jets made a MAJOR error not retaining Darnold, and drafting Wilson. As I recall OUCHY SOJAZ , me and a few others urged the jets to keep Darnold and trade Wilson for a bonanza of picks. ANY team should want a 4th year QB starting before a rookie anyway. Darnold has played very well, against subpar competition, but Wilson has looked absolutely, positively God awful. Just Think of the picks we could have used/had to upgrade LB, CB, TE OL and others if we had kept Sam and traded down. As for Wilson:

1. He threw two or three balls at the feet of wide open receivers
    2. On a 4th down play he fired a 100 mph pass thru the hand of RB Johnson, who was only a few yards from him.
    3. He has no feel for the pass rush and holds the ball longer than Ken O'Brien did his first few years
    4. He has had two games now with no TDs from the offense
    5. He won't step into any throws. If his groin hurts too much, Goddammit sit down. He looks like crap out there.

I was and still am so surprised that Douglas was so high on Wilson just because he beat up on Troy State and Southern Indiana. Oh, that's right--I was reminded several times on this message board that Chris Simms, or Matt Simms, or some expert named Simms (who I had never heard of) thought Wilson was the second coming of Mahomes. Wilson really reminds me of Browning Nagle--no touch on the short passes, doesn't watch the defense at all, and looks like a deer in the headlights out there. The jets should consider drafting a new QB next year, at least to give Wilson some competition. Wilson is probably not worried about Mike White. The year the Redskins took Griffin III they also drafted Cousins in the 4th round. Do something smart, Douglas.

Other thoughts:
    1. When the play clock expires on a long field goal, that is just as much on the coaching staff as the holder.
    2. The jets are going to need a second defense the second half of the season because their main D is going to be totally worn out by playing so much.
    3. Jay ( I love the Broncos) Feeley already has the Broncos in the Super Bowl and Bridgewater as the greatest QB of all time--did he forget they were playing the jets?
    4. Replace Van Roten now! He was looking the wrong way on a 4th quarter sack and a defender ran right past him for a sack. Anybody is better than him.
    5. Jamien Sherwood is terrible at LB. Every play run at him he runs straight up to the blocker and gives himself up-- He never even tries to get low and submarine the RB the way Kyle Clifton used to.
    6. It is unbelievable that the jets acquired an extra 15 yards on a Bronco kickoff, and then gave up all that yardage by getting a special teams penalty on the kickoff. Fire the special teams coach.
    7. If you are playing fantasy football, pick up whatever defense is opposing the jets that week and you will make out like a bandit. I acquired the Broncos defense earlier in the week (Yay!).
    8. The Seahawks lost again today and we have their first round pick.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Would keeping Darnold have yielded different results? This roster is dog shit and they're terribly coached. Every single play we have a blown blocking assignment, our big time free agent receiver who is supposed to be the hard catch slants guy can't catch a cold and no one else is open on offense.

The defense, meh. Tough to complain a lot about them, they've played fine. But teams also have the luxury of playing conservative against us because there's no race to score points since we can't score ourselves.

Van Roten still being in the lineup is extremely bizarre. He gets beaten on what seems to be literally every play.

3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yes, Zach struggled, but I think any rookie would with this team. And not just a rookie. Sam would too. In fact, it is looking more and more that Sam actually had better supporting cast than Zach here, and he was the worst QB in NFL too. And not just as a rookie.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  4. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

the result would have been similar with Darnold.
    zach was bad, but his recievers and backs did him no favors.
    These retards can't catch.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jets79, REVISion and cval like this.
  5. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Well this year we will get the 1st pick and can trade that for a boatload of picks

6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

We should have kept Darnold and traded the pick to the niners who gave up 3 first round picks to get Trey Lance and we could have completely retooled this roster before bringing in a new QB - though we would need to get rid of everyone associated with the Jets that has anything to do with talent evaluation or (better yet) just load up ESPN and draft whomever is the consensus best player available at our pick and we would be streets ahead of where we are now.

Everything about this team is terrible from the top to the bottom and there is pretty much not a single player on the roster I actually rate/root for at this point (to be fair it has pretty much been that way since Mangold retired)

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

going to be battling with the Jags (again) and the Giants for that honour

tomdeb likes this.
  8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Multiple sacks today where GVR is not blocking a single person. It's a scene all too familiar.

REVISion and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  9. twown

twown Well-Known Member

The Jets lost 7 yards on a straight-ahead running play today.

Seven yards.

10. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

I would bench Sherwood for the next game after he pulled that shit where the receiver was on the ground making the catch and he didn't think to touch him at all. It was called back by a penalty, but just watching that was enough to make me lose all confidence in him until he can earn it back, embarrassing.

Royal Tee, tomdeb and PJ4Ever like this.
  11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That's the upsetting part - why wasn't he upgraded? Same goes for McGovern. JD must have thought they can hold their own and/or couldn't find a bargain to replace them. We as fans went along with it. But that turned out to be a monumental failure. Honestly, if Zach had a true #1 WR and better C and RG, I think results could have been vastly different and he could have had a much better chance to have lifted his game as well.

Royal Tee and Cman68 like this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You are both right and I have never been so depressed...Wilson may bust and Sam not a heck of a lot better given the supporting cast

We can't get anything right ..and now the GM and Coaches suck too smh

I may need a Jet vacation ..too many years and hopes dashed

boozer32, jetstopgun and tomdeb like this.
  13. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

There is nothing more fucking annoying then some I told you bs merchant shooting his load after 3 weeks. It doesn't matter how Wilson works out long term, Sam was done here, he was never going to achieve anything here and he won't in Carolina either (time will prove that).

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Continuing to blame Wilson is not going to result in a better team.

He's a 22 year old rookie QB who is learning an NFL offense. Every rookie QB, minus maybe Mac Jones, is struggling.

The problem runs much deeper than Wilson. Much much deeper.

Darnold sucked balls for years here. Why would having him on this current roster result in a better outcome?

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

16. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

We're the worst team in the NFL right now and I don't think Sam would change that.

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Even Mac Jones had 3 INTs today too. Fields barely completed 5 passes, and TL had 2 INTs too. Rookies will struggle, and out of all Zach may have the worst supporting cast.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

JD owns all of this latest lost Jet season. This is JD's team. This is JD's coaching staff. These are JD's FA's he signed. This is JD's OL he supposedly upgraded. Same for the WR's. Time to end the honeymoon with JD and start holding him accountable for the lack of improvement of the team. Maybe dumpster diving for FA's works to keep cap cash, but it sucks when you see it on display on Sunday.

19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Courtesy of Greg Van Garbage. I don't think I've watched a guard as bad as he is.

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

because we could have traded the pick for 3 first round picks to the niners and had enough ammo to completely retool this team