Official Measurements for Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rambo13, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

2. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Wow Tank Tyler put on some serious weight- I wrote him off as a NT (most sources had him at 305ish) but it doesn't look like he's a fat 325 either. I'm sure the Jets will take a look. On the other hand, Okoye is clearly not NT size anymore. He weighed in at 295.

Oh, and Hughes is a lot shorter than I thought he would be

3. jamesAngleton

jamesAngleton New Member

I would look at Brandon Mebane as a possible NT. He looked good today and was listed at 6'1 304 lbs.

4. genom

genom Active Member

with 15 or so pounds tyler would have ideal size. can the guy play very well?

5. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

thanks alot for the link, i love stuff like this. leonard is alot smaller then i thought.

6. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Yeah I'd say "Built like a fire hydrant" is a good thing to say about a DT prospect.

7. It's not so much the overall weight that projects players to NT, but rather the frame to put on bulk and the wide base to occupy space. Okoye has both those traits and is still very young to develop physically.

8. McCareins 81

McCareins 81 New Member

Did anybody see Troy Smith with the backwards NIU logo on his helmet today? They say he lost his luggage but why the hell is there a silver NIU helmet lying around.

9. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

The guy had a very good year IMHO.

I think he's fine at this weight (Wilfork and Hampton both play around 325). Okoye is firmly off my radar right now- he played at 295 at the end of the season and he played damn well at that weight. He wasn't nearly as effective when he was playing at the heavier weight. He's a great 4-3 DT prospect though but I just don't see a fit in the 3-4 for him.

10. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

If it is anything like the Shrine Game, players trade logos and decorate their helmets regularly.

11. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

There is no way in hell Wilfork plays at 325. He may be listed at that weight but that kid is fat!

12. Bawden

Bawden New Member

I liked what they said about Lamar Woodley and Patrick Willis. There is so very few good 3-4 NT in the draft that I don't think we should draft one high in this draft. I would either go with RB (If Lynch is there) or OLB so we can get a nice pass rush off the blitzes.

13. Bomber

Bomber New Member

Didn't Lamaar Woodley have a bad day in practice yesterday?

14. jamesAngleton

jamesAngleton New Member

He got eaten up on one play by Levi Brown. Before that play it was a draw. He did a lot better on the 7 on 7 live drills. So no he didn't have a bad day. It was average. Which in my opinion is good because there is a chance he can fall to us in round 2.

15. Brooks Brady

Brooks Brady New Member

I really don't think Okoye is going to put on 30 pounds unless he just eats an entire offseason, which would take away from his quickness. He's not going to be a NT. But he'll play damn well in a 4-3...

16. Brooks Brady

Brooks Brady New Member

What about Tony Hunt for RB? He's huge and a bruiser of a running back, and he can probably be had in the 4th round or so. He wouldn't be a feature running back, but he would be ideal for spelling Leon and getting in there in short yardage/goal line situations...

17. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

yeah. he played last year on the same d-line as Mario Williams, John McCargo, and Manny Lawson, all 1st rounders, so he kinda got lost in the shuffle. With them all gone and him all by his lonesome, he stepped up and played like a beast.

18. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

I love P Willie. Im hoping the Giants draft him, because outside of their DEs, that defense blows and no other position can have such an early impact as LB(see all the ROTY linebackers).

19. Phyr

Phyr Member

Tony Hunt is going first day without a doubt. I believe he can be a feature back. He does everything so well. He just is not explosive enough to break long runs. He wouldn't have to combining with Leon.

20. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

LOL true, he's got a big*** gut