Official Jets-Bills game thread

Discussion in 'Game Threads' started by PleaseWinSuperBowlJets, Sep 24, 2006.

1. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

:jets: Come on jets! let's go 2-1:buffaloblows: :bills_suck: :bills_suck:

Mod Note: Don't forget to help the site by clicking on the ads :up:

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Are the Bills wearing throwback uniforms today?

3. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

Less than 3 hours to go! :drunk:

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Jets | Coles to start Week 3
    Sun, 24 Sep 2006 06:29:35 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports New York Jets WR Laveranues Coles (calf) will start Week 3

HEY OH!

5. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

Hehe I just convinced my mate not to bet on the Jets because I thought Coles was out

6. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

good question...anyone?

:jets:

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yes, the Bills are wearing throwbacks today.

I remember reading it somewhere.

8. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

very windy today in Buffalo. I don't like this.

Can we please get a running game today???

9. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Great. They have a quarterback reminiscent of Dennis Shaw.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

9-29-74
    Jets 12 at Buffalo 16

The teams went a combined 2 of 20 passing.

The Bills were 0 of 2. That is the most recent game where a team did not complete a pass.

The problem was the game was played in a driving rainstorm with 45 mph wind. There are a couple highlights of it in "The Championship Chase" which was the 44(?)-minute NFL Films highlights documentary of the 1974 season.

11. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I just got tickets to the game!! w00t!!!

12. kevin68

kevin68 New Member

I want the Jets to unleash Brad Smith today!!

13. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

Weather report.

NY Jets at Buffalo ? This afternoon at Ralph Wilson Stadium, it will be mostly cloudy and quite windy. The temperature will be 67 degrees, with 26-mph winds and a 30% chance of rain.

14. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

a little off subject but can anyone tell me how to work the streamnow tv?? I subscribed and now it taes me to a list of list of servers that is unidentifiable to me... any suggestions... Im in florida, I was LUCKY to get the pats v jets last week!

15. jetman8094

jetman8094 New Member

Currently I am in Buffalo and looking outside there is a sustained wind which is rocking the tops of the smaller trees back and forth. I hope it becomes more of a gusty wind. Also it usually winder in Orchard Park then it is where I am so croos your fingers.

16. luvdemjets1998

luvdemjets1998 New Member

DAMN! We really need our running game today! Nugent and Pennington will have a tough time today!

17. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

(Sept. 20, 2006) -- Off to the best statistical start of his career, Chad Pennington looks to continue his strong play Sunday when the New York Jets visit the AFC East rival Buffalo Bills.

Pennington, who underwent offseason surgery on his throwing shoulder for the second straight year, was not promised anything by first-year coach Eric Mangini -- who drafted a quarterback and acquired another via trade -- heading into training camp. But after winning the starting job with relative ease in the preseason, Pennington has surprised many with his quick start.

The seventh-year pro had just two career 300-yard passing games coming into this season, but has doubled that total this year, carrying an offense that has struggled running the ball by throwing for 625 yards and four touchdowns. He nearly rallied the Jets (1-1) from a 24-point, second-half deficit in last Sunday's 24-17 loss to New England, finishing with 306 yards and two touchdowns.

"Nobody gave up and everybody just kept working hard. That is going to be a sign of this team no matter what happens," said Pennington, who got as far as midfield on a potential game-tying drive in the final minute before being intercepted.

"We are just going to keep the same attitude week in and week out."

Pennington is trying to become the first Jets quarterback to have three consecutive 300-yard passing games since Ken O'Brien accomplished the feat from Nov. 10-24, 1985.

Laveranues Coles and Jerricho Cotchery have been an effective receiving tandem for New York, combining for 26 receptions, 439 yards and three scores. Coles has a league-high 253 receiving yards, while Cotchery has 12 catches the first two weeks after totaling just 25 in his first two seasons.

Laveranues Coles is leading the league with 253 receiving yards.
    Laveranues Coles is leading the league with 253 receiving yards.
    "It's been rewarding, I can say, because you work hard to put yourself in position to do things like this," said Cotchery, who had a 71-yard touchdown catch last Sunday. "It doesn't stop here."

But the passing game has emerged at the expense of the running game, which has totaled only 142 yards while averaging a paltry 2.4 yards per carry.

Kevan Barlow may start in this game after Derrick Blaylock was held to seven yards on six carries last week. Barlow, though, didn't fare much better with 42 yards on 14 rushes.

"To be an effective running team is going to take the full group," Mangini said. "It's not a function of purely the back or a function of purely the (offensive) line. It's all of us together, and the coaching staff as well."

The Bills (1-1) hope to have the same type of pass rush against Pennington that proved effective in their 16-6 victory at Miami last Sunday. Ryan Denney recorded a career-high three sacks, leading a defense that recorded five sacks of Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper in its first 17 plays and seven overall.

The performance was all the more impressive as the Bills played without injured veteran linebacker Takeo Spikes and started three rookies: linebacker Keith Ellison and safeties Ko Simpson and Donte Whitner.

"Hey, my hat's off to those guys to be able to step in. It's not easy," Denney said. "I don't care what round you were drafted in. As a rookie in this league, it can be very overwhelming. And these guys have done a great job so far."

While the Jets are trying to improve their running game, the Bills have a proven back in Willis McGahee, who has played well against New York. McGahee -- who enters this game with 161 rushing yards -- has topped 100 yards in his last three games against the Jets, totaling 275 yards in home victories the last two years.

McGahee has taken some of the pressure off J.P. Losman, who has thrown for only 247 yards and one touchdown in the first two games. Losman, though, has helped the Bills avoid any turnovers, earning the praise of first-year coach Dick Jauron.

"We're pretty young at that quarterback position and he's done a terrific job of not turning it over and running the offense and handling situations and dealing with different fronts and looks," Jauron said.

The home team won both games in this series last year, and the Jets have not won at Buffalo since a 37-31 overtime victory on Sept. 8, 2002.

The Bills lead the all-time series 49-41.

18. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

does anyone know where i can get free video coverage of the game or radio coverage at the least

19. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

don't we all

20. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member