Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by ButtleMan, Mar 8, 2010.

1. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

The time has finally arrived. Final Fantasy XIII will be released tomorrow.
    It is the first time that a FF game will be released for multiple systems. PS3, XBOX 360 and the PC.
    I should be getting it in the afternoon.
    Supposedly the game looks great but it will come down to the game play.
    For me, it will take alot for it to overcome Dragon Age but so far I have not been dissapointed by any of the original (non-sequels) that have been released.
    We shall see.
    Put your thoughts in this thread.

#1 ButtleMan, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah i'm very excited about this game myself actually, i'm an old school FF fan, FF10 was prob the last one I actually liked, so hopefully it will live up to the hype. I'm excited that it's coming out for the 360 since i pretty much switched alliances from Sony to Microsoft.

I also have been addicted to Dragon Age for a while now, I finished Fallout 3 then went straight to Dragon Age.

3. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Heavily considering buying this.

Also, don't buy the 360 version, I heard it sucked donkey ass, and had less gameplay then the ps3

4. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

been playing all day. probably have like 10 hours of game play and barely scratched the surface. got the ps3 version. your right the xbox version has less contact and graphics are worse do to not being able to carry as much space as the blue ray disc.

this is the first final fantasy game im playing since ffx(which is one of my all-time favorite games.) so far i find the story a tad confusing, they just throw you into the heart of the story. the game play takes a little while to get used to but when you catch on it is pretty simple.

i got the guide for it which is probably a good idea. there is just so much to do and it will make the game so much better to be able to get the most of it. it is set up great so it does not spoil any of the game.

i would totally get try this game if anyone is on the fence. it is not a 10 but a good 8-9(so far).

5. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Thanks for the Review

6. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Definitely getting the game this weekend. I just played FFX last month to help relieve some of the anxiety for this new one. Thanks for the review vin.

7. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

SORRY I didn't see thread! Been out for surgery... just got to disc 3 !! Awesome

8. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

I heard the Xbox version was cut down and worse then the ps3 version some how. Ps3 version definitely only has one disc,

********SPOILER BELOW*********

I'm at the part where Lightning and Hope are in the facility with all the animals used for testing and such, right after the flash back with Snow and Serah telling Lightning about her being a l'Cie and wanting to marry Snow.

*******************END SPOILER**********************

I'm really enjoying the combat system. it's different and much more enjoyable then having to tediously deal with everyones abilities.

9. TheCOTCH

TheCOTCH Member

I love this game. I am a big final fantasy fan and I have been playing it non-stop since i got it(which was day one btw)

absolutely incredible game a little linear but great non the less.

10. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

"Tediously deal with everyone's abilities" I'm sorry i must disagree but THAT right there is to me what they messed up on
    I miss the complete control over the battle ...its all automatic now like you don't play

11. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

(Just a side note, you should probably edit out the spoiler.)

What I mean is, It's much more streamlined, which means more actual fighting rather then picking one ability at a time for each character, letting them go through it (getting hit by boss in between and getting your ass whooped because you didn't pre cast esuna or curaga), You don't have to automate your main character's abilities. I found it tedious having to set up each and every round, and like the fact that I can change what my allied characters are doing (the computer is smart enough to take advantage of weaknesses), by changing their roles with the paradigm shift.

When I first read about the system, I hated it, but I enjoy a lot more, and if your skilled with it you can pull of some pretty nasty stuff.

12. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

yeah i feel the same why, expect i didnt mind the older systems either, it put more strategy in the game but this version puts more action in. im at the same part you are lynkx. i like how *SPOILER* everyone gets points across the bored after battle instead oh having to put them in the fight. and how players health and status resets after ever battle. *END SPOILER*

lynx if your on ps3 whats ur psn ill add you

13. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

The old systems were love/hate with me. Loved to play them but I HATED when a boss killed me cause forgot to save a cure, I like being able to carry out multiple actions at a time.

My PSN is Lynkx_Azure

14. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

OLD Generations RULED FF VII // VIII Da Bomb there is no strategy in this game it's Linear with no freedom.... No world map no exploration.... you always have the map.... really doesn't put u in the game

15. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Have you even played the game yet? Theres plenty of strategy with the Paradigm shifts

16. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Wow, Fuck Bahamut, thats all I have to say.

17. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

yo idk what ur talking about and since i have like 20+ hours playing how fucking long have you been playing lol

18. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

I'm up to 22 hours game time. What part are you up to?

19. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

ummm....cant remember the exact part but i am with snow and hope.

20. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

ahh.. I think your in Palumpalum or whatever it is..

Not gonna give away what happens, but I'm working on Vanille's Eidolon Hecatoncheir.