Offensive Rhythm....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RapZiLLa54, Oct 12, 2010.

1. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Big question going into this game was would the addition of Holmes have an effect on the Jets offense and the answer is yes..

The most telling stat is Sachez had 44 attempts (has to be the most of his career) while the run game only had 32...

Greene is practically getting phased out, even when he changes the game he is still left out on the final drive. Greene is the finisher imo but only 10 carries in what many would consider running conditions.

Schotty is now going to get pass happy it seems because in the 1st quarter you could tell Sanchez was just off (Holmes should of had a 3 td night but two underthrows and a overthrow) but yet they refused to "ground and pound" in rainy conditions.

Also I didn't like how often Keller was subbed out. That is Sanchez guy he really should be in there at all times...

An ugly win, I'll certainly take it but the offensive philosophy just didn't make much sense to me. Hopefully this was more of a case of the Jets wanting to show off their new weapon and not how they will continue to be the rest of the season.

Thoughts???

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It's NO-

They were drops, Holmes had a bunch, Keller, Cotch, and Edwards.

If they caught half of their drops this game is over by half time.

-Come on Man-

3. NYJets4EverOnTop

I agree I wish we ran the ball a little more but it's a double-edged sword. We run the ball more and don't make first downs and everyone complains were are being too conservative. While Sanchez def. missed on some throws, I counted at least 5 balls that should have/could have been caught which would have kept drives going.

4. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Holmes had a bunch??? He had the one of 3rd down and then he had the one where he beat his man by 5 yards but had to slow down, stop and fall backwards as the defender closed in and hit off his chest. Thats a TOUGH catch.

For every drop there was a underthrow, overthrow, ball low, ball high. Sanchez was off and as you pointed out so were the receivers but the issue was still forced is my point.

I agree the game should of been 28-0 at halftime but due to drops and bad throws it was 9-0. But drops and bad throws are going to happen in bad conditions. We should of ran 44 times and passed 30.

5. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

This totally. If someone would catch a fucking football and help this kid out, this game is a blowout. He was hitting guys between the numbers all night, in shitty weather.

6. MadBacker Prime

Holmes had at least 3-4 drops. It's hard to keep track while their but it was at least that.

Sanchez did make some bad throws, except for one he put where only our guy even had a chance at it.

Speaking of Rhythm, how do expect Sanchez to get in one with all the drops?
    I'd be pissed off if I were him. It was ridiculous. As I mentioned earlier in another thread, it was raining crazy hard.

7. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Between the numbers??? Only pass that I can recall that was a giveme that we dropped was Holmes slant on 3rd down.

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I'm a little worried Sanchez is going to get away from what worked so well so far this year.. the intermediate passing game to Keller, now that he has Holmes on the field going down the field.

9. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Exactly it was pretty bad conditions and the refusal to run the ball and keep chucking it when it seems everyone was off is what I'm talking about here. Will the addition of Holmes make this a pass happy team and lose our identity. Throwing 40+ times when you have the lead the entire game in terrible conditions isn't logical.

10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I only remember one drop from Holmes. Half of the drops you are probably counting were balls that were poorly thrown like the last pass to Edwards, Kellers drop in the end zone. Sanchez looked bad last night at times. This was easily his 2nd worst game of the year but we still pulled out the W and thats all that matters. If the weather wasn't quite as bad, he probably has 5+ more completions.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I was going to start a similar thread this morning after I had a chance to gather my thoughts. It seems crazy, but I wonder if we have too many weapons on offense. Guys are going in and out of the game so quick it HAS to be hard to get into a rhythm.

You talk about all the drops last night, well, maybe the receivers need to be in the game for more than 1 or 2 plays in a row to get comfortable. Of course it was rainy too, and that was a good defense.

As for Greene, I really hope they're keeping his legs fresh for the playoff push. His fresh legs pounding defenses late in the season was huge last year. I did notice him being visibly upset after being pulled from the game after 2 nice runs yesterday though.

All in all, I think it's a GREAT problem to have, I just hope Schotty can figure out a way to keep everyone happy while keeping the offense moving. I didn't think all the personnel changes last night were a great thing.

Kind of related tid-bit - the Jets offense is 4th in the league in PPG behind only the Pats, Chargers and Colts.

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Sanchez could of easily had 300 yards. Our team needs put Johnson&Johnson baby oil all over the football, and fucking catch it.

13. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

I was at the game so Greene did look disappointed huh?? Good, he had two nice runs and then is gone for the game. I thought we played to the "hot hand"??? I'm almost starting to believe that Greene is under the bus with the coaching staff.

14. NYJets4EverOnTop

I think it's just a matter of them overhyping LT. Don't get me wrong LT has been awesome for us but we can't forget that we were counting on Greene being the workhorse this year and keeping LT fresh for the end of the season. Almost looks like they are just trying to get as much out of LT now before he possibly gets injured.

15. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

As bad as the drops were, and some of Sanchez's throws, and the constantly settling for FGs I think the positive thing to take away from this game is that even when the offense struggles we're probably not going to see another disaster like the Ravens game where they just curl up into a ball crying.

16. joejets1

joejets1 Member

I dont question the 44 passing attempts. The Vikings secondary is the weak part of their defense. Sanchez tried to force the ball downfield when he had check downs that would have gotten 5-7 yards a pop. The Vikings knew that and hardly covered any RBs coming out of the backfield. Sanchez only really threw a couple of bad balls. This is a vikings team that held the Saints to 1 offensive TD.

17. MadBacker Prime

Same with the Phins, they had 1 offesive TD and 1 defensive.

It might have been ugly but we put up the most points on them this season, by double.

18. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

+1 Fans are never happy so Schotty, the CS, Mark etc will always be in Catch22 mode from a fan's p[perspective.

Said the same thing in another thread. Holmes alone had 3-4 drops that hit him in the numbers. A guy of his caliber should have been able to haul in the hook route where he had to stop but the ball was wet. If BE & Holes catch 2 more balls each, it would have been 30+ points for the Jets and probably a TD less for the Vikes.

STOP!!! Defenders were draped over Keller. He was hardly free. The Vikes D recognized that he was a main target and a threat to them. They went after the Jets Offensive strength and took him out of the game. Nice work by the Vikes D and CS.

19. cav0011

cav0011 New Member

except we basically did see that. The offense did pretty much nothing on all of the turnovers. The difference is this time we didn't fumble it. As for the Greene thing, I feel like the coaching staff doesn't trust him not to fumble in those conditions. In the preseason and week 1 he struggled when it was wet. Also Sanchez's performance can't really be a surprise. Didnt he say last season he had never played in the rain/snow in his life. Now he has a couple games but I doubt he is comfortable, really though with the talent we have at TE, WR and RB they need to make some hard catches.

20. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

People need to relax. You are not coaches. No need to sit here agonizing about things you have no control over such as dropped balls and whether Sanchez is going to get gun shy as a result of some dropped balls. No evidence of that at all, but nevertheless we have fans taking up bandwith and getting their panties in a bunch over nonsense.

WE WON THE FOOTBALL GAME. The Jets are 4-1 !!! Next up Denver.