Offense or Defense in the draft?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Bawden, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Bawden

Bawden New Member

What is the general feeling the Jets will do in the draft. Ive seen Lamar Woodly's name come up alot along with Alan Branch. Now I usually pay attention more to the end of the season then the begining and base our needs on that. By doing it that way I think we need Marshawn Lynch. I like Adrian Peterson but he is no doubt injury prone. I know we need help on defense but we have a QB with a weak arm. We go out and get two O linemen to protect him and thats good but we all know Penningtons bread and butter was the play action. Imagine how good the line would look with the threat of the run. Im sorry but I cant see Leon Washington carrying the ball 25+ times like Martin would do.

2. jamesAngleton

jamesAngleton New Member

I think Alan Branch will be out of our reach come draft day. Lamarr Woodley can definitley be had. On most draft boards I have seen he is an 18-24 pick. In fact on NFL Draft Countdown has him in the second round. I would draft him first because I think this team needs a premiere pass rusher and he is it! I also think we can have that featured back in the second round like Michael Bush. Since we have 2 second round picks we can draft a DT/DE like Frank Okam or we can go with a Cornerback..I think the Jets are in good position because of the amount of draft picks they have in the 2 rounds. If they miss out on Woodley they can fill that need in the second round with Anthony Spencer and maybe pick up Kenny Irons or Marshawn Lynch in the first round