Offense "Needs To Address Things More" - Braylon Edwards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by All Gas No Shake, Dec 18, 2010.

1. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

ill believe it when i see it ...

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/12/braylon.html

2. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Braylon how about less talk, and more catches? Just get open and catch the ball.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He makes a damn good point.

Does anyone see the difference between Rex and Schotty?

When something is amiss you fucking get on it. Rex is good at fixing those problems. Its that kind of fucking complacency that kills you.

The writing was on the wall and no one wanted to fix it. That's the sign of a bad football coach.

Goddamnit that pisses me off.

4. glightning

glightning Banned

I could not agree with you more! Its time to "walk the walk".

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I hate Schotty more now....than i did before I opened this thread. :mad:

Make some in-game adjustments for christs' sakes, you fucktard.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He's 2nd half is better than his 1st, but how in the blue fuck are problems not corrected and abolished during the week in practice and during film study?

That's what makes me crazy. I don't get how everyone can think, "meh, we're okay. We're still winning." Rex doesn't do that, if he did this team would be 8-8 right now.

Rex would get his coordinator in here and he'd never do that shit. No Rex coaches do that shit. Oh look, a Manigini coach getting complacent with a winning record. That sounds familiar.

7. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

This is the exact opposite of what Sanchez was saying after Detroit and Cleveland about Schotty and Cav "never miss[ing] a coaching point". Maybe they're too QB focussed?

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

What the fuck are you talking about? Rex is the coach of the team that has been "doing that shit" all fucking season. Yeah, he's a funny guy and it'd be a great time to hang out and have a beer with him because he's a big fat slob and everybody loves him. But get your fucking team ready to play already goddamnit.

9. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

It's hard to imagine any OC getting less production out of so much talent as Schotty. This guy has a fucking arsenal at his disposal and can't hit the broad side of a barn - it's getting ridiculous.

If Rex doesn't start giving a shit about what's happening on the offensive side of the ball this team is destined for mediocrity.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He's a "hands off" coach who doesn't use his administrative powers on the offense, which has been a documented problem.

He did it last year late in the season, and it worked. He has to do it again this season, but since it doesn't appear that way. Schotty has to get it done.

The comparison is how the two phases of the game are managed and executed. The defense makes their corrections, the offense doesn't.

11. grayburn

grayburn Member

Hopefully Rex finally getting involved with the offense will do something. I really like the guy as a coach, but what kind of bullshit cop out is this "I only do defense" crap.

He is the head coach, not just the dc, and complaints need to go to him also, not just schitty. We already know schotty can't fix it, and that's what makes him a damn bad football coach. The question is then: what does it make rex if he can't fix it either?

A head coach is responsible for the whole fucking team.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Some coaches are hands off with the phases of the game they aren't suited for. I want Rex to just oversee everything and make sure its within the identity of this team.

Its about being an administrator of all of the personnel. Parcells was great at that. Rex can be too.

13. theyankees-jetsfan23

Braylon is having the best season of all of our recievers. I believe he also has only 2 dropped passes all season. He's certainly walking the walk, more than anybody else on this offense

14. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

he looks like he is open the entire game

15. Cynic

Cynic New Member

He'd be able to walk the walk if Sanchez didn't underthrow him in two consecutive games for picks or near picks.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ahhhh...I remember the good old days when the biggest worry was getting enough balls to our receivers, what with our "elite" running game.

How the fuck did we get into this situation? I'm not sure exactly what Edwards is saying...he's not Mensa material, but I think he's saying that this offense is in a state of denial, or at least confusion. And with that I agree.

We'll never get over the hump if this team doesn't find itself. And that starts with the coaching...which as of now looks pretty schitty.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

i think what braylon was saying it that the players felt that something was brewing and it wasn't good, and it was going to catch up the them.

And the coaching staff (ie, shotty) never 'asked' the players or took them seriously.

But then again, in shotty's own words, he's a damn good coach.

18. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

he would if Sanchez would throw it to him or when he does throw it where he can get it and not picked off.

19. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Everyone is getting on Schotty, but Rex should not go blameless here. He is the head coach. If one of his assistant is not doing their jobs, it's on him to get them to get things straight

20. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

They need to slow everything down early and get Sanchez into a rhythm.