Oakland Raiders in the AFC Championship game this season?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BakerMaker, Aug 2, 2011.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

So says Yahoo's Michael Silver. He sees the Raiders not only winning their division but going as far as the AFC Title game despite Aso and Miller both being gone.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...lver_hue_jackson_right_as_raiders_coach080111

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Seriously when did Raiderjoe get a job at writing columns for Yahoo?

3. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

They don't call it Yahoo for nuthin'.

4. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

They weren't bad last year and seemed like they were at the start of something good. Then they fired the coach, lost Nnamdi, Miller, and Gallery, and didn't replace Jason Campbell at QB. I wanted to put them in a wild card game, but I don't see how they've improved from last year.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Ehh, if Nnamdi Asomugha and Zach Miller were still playing in Oakland, it wouldn't be too outlandish.

I won't be surprised if they win the AFC West. It'll come down to San Diego and Oakland.

Denver will suck and Kansas City has to play against more than three good teams this season.

6. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Remove the bolded part and that's a good article.

Oakland won't be a laughing stock anymore. They've graduated to mediocrity. Thanks to recent rashes of disastrous general management in Denver and San Diego (each franchise has nose-dived since the Schotty/Shanny years, if you ask me), they can be competitive in that division.

AFCCG? No. Just no.

7. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

The AFC West will be interesting. I think the Raiders could've won it with Miller and Nnamdi, without them (and they haven't really brought in any suitable replacements yet), I think they might struggle. The Chiefs probably have the most talent, between Cassell, Charles, Jones, Bowe, and Breaston. But if Gates can stay healthy, Jackson has a big year, and/or Mathews breaks out, I think the Chargers can take back the division. Don't think the Broncos will be as bad as everyone's expecting either.

8. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Alright, so I guess that guy doesn't have the Raiders drafting Andrew Luck.

9. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Maybe if the Jets, Patriots, Steelers, Colts, Chargers, Texans, and Ravens are all in the same building and proceed to get nuked. Then it's plausible.

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Don't think anybody had the Jets with a rookie QB and coach in the AFC title game 2 years ago. Stranger things have happened.