NYJ drafted us 3 of the most explosive (and productive) players coming out in Wilson/Elijah/Carter.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 8, 2021.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

QB: Zach Wilson.
    (6'3 - 214 lbs).
    (BYU).

• #2 with a QB Rating of 196.4 (only behind Mac Jones).

• #2 in Completion Percentage @ 73.5% (only behind Mac Jones).

• #3 in Passing Yards with 3,692 (only behind Mac Jones and Kyle Trask).

• #3 in TDs thrown with 33 (only behind Kyle Trask and Mac Jones).

• Added Bonus: Only 3 INTs thrown (the fewest of any QB drafted).

WR: Elijah Moore.
    (5'10 - 178 lbs).
    (Ole' Miss).

• #2 in Receptions with 86 catches (only behind DeVonta Smith).

• #2 in Receiving Yards with 1,193 (only behind DeVonta Smith).

• #3 in terms of longest play of the year (91 yards).

• Added Bonus: Top 20 in TD Receptions with 8 TD Receptions (despite only playing 8 games).

RB: Michael Carter.
    (5'8 - 200 lbs).
    UNC.

• #4 in Rushing Yards with 1,245 (only behind Breece Hall, Sincere McCormick and Najee Harris).

• #13 in All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage (267 receiving yards).

• Added Bonus: His 8.0 yards per rush attempt ranked #1 within the entire Country (for RBs with at least 100+ carries).

Can't forget to mention...

LG: Alijah Vera-Tucker:
    (6'5 - 308 lbs).
    (USC).

• #1 Rated Interior O-Lineman.

• Added Bonus: Joe Douglas was able to trade up for Vera-Tucker due to Seattle's additional 1st round pick for Jamal Adams.

• Added Bonus x2: An O-Line tandem of Mekhi Becton and Vera-Tucker can become our best O-Lineman duo since dating back to our Brick-of-Gold (D'Brickishaw and Mangold).

This feels different.
    Because it is different.

QB (1st).
    LG (1st).
    WR (2nd).
    RB (4th).

This, feels different.

because the last time our Jets Franchise used our first 4 draft picks (all) focused on Offense; dates back to almost 40 years ago (of 1983).

#1 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Good post but let’s hope it turns out a little better than 1983. O’Brien was ruined by a poor OL, Hector was good, Jo Jo decent special teams, Wes Howell???

patleahy, nycarl, major33 and 2 others like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Have high expectations for Carter this year. Serious dark horse candidate for oroy

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It does feel different. This might be your shortest post of all-time. The tides are most certainly changing.

5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Looks good on paper. I am a Jets always looking for the other shoe to drop. I will feel much better when I see the production in the NFL.

jetstopgun and patleahy like this.
  6. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

Solid post @DefenseWinsChampionships , and I agree with everything you said and am excited about each prospect, BUT they are all Offensive guys, as you noted...and let's not forget that defense is what wins championships. ;) Sorry, couldn't pass it up, lol.

Cromartie's_kid likes this.
  7. patleahy

I hear you @cval I get the enthusiasm and the optimism, I really do, esp since I wanted the Jets to draft all 3 guys...but all of the breathless reports about how good all of these guys look in practice and in 7 on 7 drills are getting kind of stale, ESP when the Pats board is full of the same breathless reports about Jones (the coaches LOVE his work ethic and leadership are really wow'ed by him already blah blah blah) and the Bears board is full of the same stuff about Fields (the coaches love his accuracy and his dedication to his craft, blah blah blah).....I wish we could just skip ahead to Sept already and see what all of these guys are going to do on the field. That's when the rubber finally meets the road!

blackssmagic, SOJAZ and cval like this.
  8. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Highlights are great. I wonder what the low lights look like. I'm most curious about Michael Carter since last year's post draft La'Mical Perine highlights also looked really good.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I guess the lowlights would be Wilson throwing a Pick-6, Carter fumbling the football, and Moore pretending to pee like a dog, costing his team a win. Watching them wouldn't really be helpful or predict how they will be as Jets.

Red Menace and FJF like this.
  11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I just mean that judging by highlights-only doesn't do it, and I was equally impressed by Perine last year. From the post I didn't even watch Wilson's highlights. I'm on board with him already based on the early reports. This morning I heard Phil Simms asked about him and Phil said he has run across a couple of Jets players recently who all have said they were impressed by his throwing and that they were even surprised by it. His throwing, his athleticism. And, without naming names, you know who they are comparing him to. I also feel Moore and Tucker are practically "can't miss" so my only "hmmm" is Carter.

Noam, The Dark Knight and patleahy like this.
  12. patleahy

not to speak for @LogeSection2RowJ , but I took his comment to mean what @cval and I were discussing before...that, now that these guys have been drafted, all of the breathless hype over highlights and their 7 on 7 stats and all of the positive coachspeak about them and highlight reels are becoming increasingly meaningless. let's see how they play in september when they get their shot to prove that they can play in the nfl.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep. That is what I am saying too. The highlights and the lowlights really don't matter now. All that matters is how they learn the system and adjust to the NFL. Don't be too quick to judge in September either since they are rookies. Give it some time. I like each of their potential though, and that is all we can ask for right now.

14. patleahy

@The Dark Knight well-said as usual, TDK. I agree. :);)

15. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Perines highlights might have looked good, but there were several people on here pointing out that it was not a terribly good pick.

16. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

"
    his, feels different.

because the last time our Jets Franchise used our first 4 draft picks (all) focused on Offense; dates back to almost 40 years ago (of 1983).

#1DefenseWinsChampionships, Today at 2:28 AM
    Last edited: Today at 3:51 AM"

this

also agree about OTA hype. thats for adolescents.

patleahy likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Too many promising summers turned into tragic winters. I'll just wait and go with what my eyes are seeing on the field. As they say in Mizzou: "Show Me".

jetstopgun, NoodleArm, Br4d and 4 others like this.
  18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

In the 2020 draft we took:
    OL (1st)
    WR (2nd)
    RB (4th)

The only real difference is having the 2nd pick overall and using it on a QB, who we passed up a lot of picks to take.

In reality we could have had Devonta Smith, Mac Jones, our choice of several promising linemen not named Tucker, and an additional 2nd and 3rd this season, plus 3 (1sts) and 3 (2nds) going into next years draft.
    So - "go Zac Wilson".

#18 ouchy, Jun 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

20. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

to expand on my agreement previously... at a former forum there were masturbating gifs posted, lots talk about boners when it came to Sam Darnold and practice. for me the whole premise is gross.
    enjoying sports and sexual excitement are not connected in any way, not even jokingly... again....for adolescents

and i dont know if menaninglessness can increase... something w/o meaning just continues having no meaning...