NY Jets Front Office

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Feb 27, 2024.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

did you look at their ENTIRE executive team "smart guy?" I did...

2. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

There's a new front office thread made every day. Can we please keep all the whining to a single thread?

SOJAZ likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

A lot of teams have a former legend or someone with football chops/respect connected to the team that they give important roles to. Even if those guys become largely figureheads in the daily grind it still means something to have those standards involved

I remember years back Curtis Martin saying he wanted to be involved with the business aspects of an NFL team. Why not hire a guy like that instead of this long list of nerdy doofuses?

AJW and mezzavo like this.
  4. mezzavo

Thank you for a post I can draw some clarity around. I'm not saying there shouldn't be business people. As I stated in my other post, I'm not a complete idiot. I REALIZE there need to be business people. Accountants, marketing et. al. OBVIOUSLY many of those people will have no clue! Probably played checkers their whole lives, who knows. As I stated, if I have an Electrical Contractor business you better bet that at least a couple people, at the top heading the business direction, will have a damn clue about electricity. However, outside JD (and that's debatable), there's not ONE "business" person with any FOOTBALL business knowledge that I can see. WHERE is that small group of executives that can call BOTH JD and Saleh on their bullshit. That group of folks that have the standing in the "business" to look Wood-rough in the eye and tell him to sit his butt down and listen instead of talking? The NY FOOTBALL Jets do NOT have that, anywhere, in the organization as far as I can tell. THAT is all I'm saying.

People on this board have to be "right" all the time. It's pissing me off. No room for discussion or debate with some of these posters. I'm not saying anything that hasn't been implied by a ton of users on this board. All I did was get specific and a handful get their "panties in a bunch." Are we "sure" Bills over Jets isn't Hymie in disguise? Maybe HE is on the payroll with the way he tried to light me up.

#24 mezzavo, Feb 28, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
  5. mezzavo

I love constructive posts like this as opposed to being called "clueless" or the "dumbest" post. I don't see how pointing out that the team we all love to love and hate doesn't have ONE football "person" in executive leadership when FOOTBALL is the one and only product. If we continue to assume that JD is "that" guy then there is no one to challenge him or collaborate with when it comes to FOOTBALL decisions. Well run organizations usually have INDUSTRY people mixed in, at the top, so that there are different opinions, ideas and philosophies. We're in, what, year 5 of JD's tenure and it's PAINFULLY obvious that this guy hasn't got a total clue. I'd give him an effectiveness rating of about 40%. Which means he's failing 60% of the time. MAYBE if they had a couple more FOOTBALL people around that effectiveness rating would climb closer to 70%! Heck, I wouldn't sneeze at 80 to 85% effective. Just saying.

Now, some of you can get back to calling me clueless or dumbest or whatever.

NCJetsfan and BrowningNagle like this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it was a silly bills fan that called you dumb, don’t sweat it.

chicken little fanbase

mezzavo likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The whole premise still doesn’t make sense. The football infrastructure for the Jets fucking sucks but being mad because they have guys who operate in non-football positions is just dumb.

SOJAZ and LAJet like this.
  8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

So tired of this front office and coaching staff. Fire all of them, NOW, and move on. The leftovers of whatever is left on the coaching free agent market is better than what we have now. Hire a new HC and let Chat GPT run the front office.

9. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

This is not even remotely the first time the Jets have been in this type of position. Circumstances differ, the bit players all change, but the level of ineptitude and a terrible culture permeate throughout and have for over a decade. It wasn't as obvious until about the time the whole Rex Ryan/John Idzik thing happened, and it's gotten worse since then.

I've said it before, both on this board and everywhere else in my jet life, there is only one constant throughout this whole thing. Just one. And that is the owner. It starts at the top, and continues on down.

So while I think all of the coaches, GMs, and front office people have sucked, they have all sucked to different levels, and unfortunately they never stood a chance not to suck because of the bald octogenarian, or almost octogenarian, at the top who knows nothing about anything other than trying to make money and making ill advised moves that he thinks the fans and media want to see.

Until and if he gets someone in here who actually knows football, and literally turns it all over to them and sits back and collect his money, it will never change. Empirical evidence says that is absolute fact. It is no longer conjecture, this has happened over and over and over again again. The same shit, people leaking things to the press, it can no longer be blown off as an angry press out to get the Jets. At some point you have to believe the hype. The Jets are a clown show of an organization with an owner who doesn't know the first thing about how to run an NFL organization.

End of story.

AJW, mezzavo, HomeoftheJets and 3 others like this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I actually think it's pretty impressive how valuable the team has become while not really competing for the much better part of 14 seasons. It's like some kind of sorcery. Maybe this is the Matrix.

Sundayjack likes this.
  11. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

It's really not all that impressive. And I don't feel like blasting out a million responses to all the responses here, so you win the lottery as being the last one. This isn't aimed at you, byz, but mostly everyone else, which ones will become apparent in just a second.

It doesn't take a good business executive team to make a profit with an NFL team. It makes itself money, it prints money all on its own. A goddamn pack of wild monkeys could make money with an NFL team. And that's barely an exaggeration.

As the OP stated on a couple of his responses and a few others noted as well, the primary concern for franchise (outwardly) is to build a team and win. Chasing the Super Bowl every year, and doing what they need to do to achieve that. In a perfect world, the way it should be, the profits would become BECAUSE of that.

What we have with an NFL franchise, of which there are only 32 on the planet in by far the most popular sport in the country, is the opposite. Winning becomes a byproduct for some, and the Jets owner has chosen to prioritize the "business" side of things while trying "his" best to win. He means well, he's just not fit for it. But since the money keeps rolling in anyway, and the fans keep coming back anyway, and the tv contracts keep paying every franchise evenly anyway, and so many other things keep the mountains of cash rolling in anyway - there is no real accountability or negative result for not winning.

So yes, every team has an executive staff, the Jets are no different there. Not every team prioritizes the business side so obviously like the Jets do. Most franchises actually make it seem as much as they possibly can that they are attempting to win, although not all. There are other teams like the Jets, but the Jets are our team so it's much more noticeable and they have many opportunities to reverse things, but never seem to either try or get it right when they do try.

So spare me the "you stupid fans sitting on the couch can't run a multi billion dollar business" routine - it's not our job to, but even to us fat lazy couch potatoes it's obvious the Jets aren't getting it right and sometimes (like exactly at this moment) don't even try hard.

mezzavo likes this.
  12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

They aren't that high. Probably about the 10th most valuable NFL franchise.

13. abyzmul

sozopol likes this.
  14. Jesus

Jesus Active Member

Being the head of Jets’ VP of Player Personnel really is a great entry level job for anyone! Maccagnan’s VPoPP Brian Heimerdinger is now a medical salesman.

This team will never sniff a championship as long as the Johnson’s own it. Sorry but true.

AJW, mezzavo, jets_fan and 4 others like this.
  15. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I have 3 immediate thoughts on this...

1st, everyone is a fucking VP... millennials, gen x,y,z whatever all want a title without earning it... get over it and earn your rank...

2nd, fire Eric Allen, VP news strategy... his job is to make this heaping stinky pile of dog shit of a team seem like they are on track to the Superbowl and he's failed miserably.

3rd.. give Tim Reinhart a huge promotion... anyone that can get people to pay big money for suites to watch this hot pile of shit is A-OK in my book and needs a bigger role.

mezzavo and abyzmul like this.
  16. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

The thing is, if the jets were winning they would probably make a hell of a lot more money.
    That doesn't seemed to have occurred to woody.

17. abyzmul

Maybe the Rex period was Woody's best and final effort, and after that fell apart he said Fuck It and started bringing in consultant firms and other dipshittery to make it look like he cared.

18. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Hah! I fucking kid you not - the same concept was going through my mind. You were just about four days faster. Heh.

mezzavo likes this.
  19. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I won’t identify this person or point out the most galling part of xis bio, but I found this part amusing: “Now in his 24th year with the team, (Waste of Space #1)’s impact is felt throughout the organization….(Waste of Space #1) has remained committed to redefining the culture of the organization….”

24 years with the organization and still “committed to redefining the culture”. C-students get all the best jobs.

I’ve known and followed mezz in this virtual space for over 20 years. I also know a little about his professional background, so I sit here amused at some of the responses. But this is the first time I can ever recall wanting to punch Mezzavo in his goddamn giblets for a post - because it prompted me to spend the last 30 minutes reading through the bios of some the most unimpressive coffee runners I can imagine running a six-plus billion dollar organization. Fucking hell. Some of these people need to take a step back and work small-to-big. Like change Ed Horsesass, VP of Corporate Frypans & Community Friendliness to: Ed Horsesass, VP of Pants.

20. abyzmul

I don't know if I would ever list Eric Allen with any significant organizational changes. He's like the court fool. Let the underlings deal with the trash in the corners of the floor after the dust settles in our fictional world of executive upheavals at One Jets Drive.

No Fly Zone likes this.