NY Jets Front Office

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Feb 27, 2024.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

So I'm sitting here contemplating the 2024 offseason for the NY Jets and it dawned on me that we have a whole lot of people, other than Joe Douglas, to hold to task for the LONG TERM state of this franchise!! Read em' and weep: https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/front-office-roster/

There's no way you can tell me that JD is doing this all alone. Yeah, at the end of the day, the buck stops with him...er...Wood-rough but there are others who need to garner a bit of fan wrath here. As I started digging I couldn't BELIEVE my eyes as to how flippin' BLOATED this organization is. It's a no wonder JD doesn't have time for football, the fucking guy has to manage TWENTY TWO executives!!! Are you shitting me? Who in the fuck are these people:

Hymie Elhai - Like, who the fuck is this guy? 5th year of being President and 24th year with the team! What the hell does this guy do? So, if my math is correct, he's been with this nightmare since Woody took over. How in the flying rats butt does THIS guy still have a job? At this point, I don't actually give a shit what he does within the team, he's the PRESIDENT! Surely his input must have sway. We keep throwing JD and Wood-rough under the bus. I think there is sufficient "rubber" on those tires to run up and down his back a few times!! Of course, not a fucking football guy but a useless as tits on a bull lawyer. Seriously? How in the fuck does THAT help this team with FOOTBALL matters?

Brian Friedman - Ummm, 4th year as EVP and COO and 13th with the team! What in the hell does THIS guy do? Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer?? What, is this fucker's role? All I see is marketing and money. Nothing football about this goober either.

I could go on and on and fucking on but you want to know what I didn't find in ANY of the executive team's dossier? Not one god damn bit of actual fucking football knowledge. Not ONE!!!! They are all lawyers, marketing and bean counter fools. The LOT of them. It's an impressive list too! I've never seen so many executives for one damn football team! There is, literally, one executive person for every 3 players, if you count the practice squad. Actually, it's more like 2 1/2 players for every executive. This group of tick turds ONLY job should be, "how do we help the NY Jets WIN football games!?!" That IS their product!

Winning football games! After reading through this list of fools it's a no wonder this team blows monkey ass year in and out. Not one God Damn football guy among the lot of them....not one...

AJW, jjt4201, Sundayjack and 7 others like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Wow... explains a lot though.

SOJAZ and The_Darksider like this.
  3. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Has to be one of the dumbest, most ignorant post of all time. This is a multi billion dollar company, you better believe there’s an executive head over each of the many and major departments it takes to run an operation of that size. Move on

dmw, Ralebird and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I was going to say something nicer but similar.

As bad as the Jets football infrastructure is and deserves to be dumped on, there’s a whole lot of people there that have nothing to do with football and are simply running the business.

If you read Brian Friedman’s profile, he clearly has nothing to do with football operations and just runs the business and counts the money.

Maybe we should get mad at Ian Lasher in corporate partnerships because we can’t find a good mid-round guard too?

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. The Jets have a history of hiring men as Presidents and even GMs who were bean-counters, attorneys, administrators, and who knew little about football. There is no really experienced football man running the football operation. JD was that guy and he has proven to be not up to the task. The team needs some executives on the football side to oversee and run the team, to hire the GM, and to set the vision that the GM and HC will try to implement. Further if Woody and Chris weren't such clueless dumbasses they could run the business/financial side with probably fewer attorneys and bean counters, and hire someone experienced and capable of running the team. You don't know the Jets like we do, so you need to back off with comments like that.

jjt4201 and The_Darksider like this.
  6. Bills over Jets

If the OP was simply curious, that’s one thing, but to post with such aggressive malice as if you know how to run a billion dollar company (the jets owner runs at least two, that I know of) while we sit at home on the couch with our regular jobs is just so asinine. Yes, the people on the football side of the jets have been incompetent for a long, long time. There’s no arguing that. But if you look in other organizations, the structure is mostly the same. No one has “football people” running non football departments. Occasionally, the president was once a “football guy” but my understanding is that’s the minority. A better approach from the OP would be to analyze the other 31 franchises and take a poll to see what is normal compared to what the jets do, and then form and write an opinion. I do not know the answer, and neither does he. But from what I know of the other teams I’ve followed for years, this is how it’s done. Football people run the football side, and business people run the rest. The actual football side is a really small part of the organization. Most of it is business, I.e partnerships, sponsors, marketing, sales, customer retention, community outreach, PR, HR, and many others. You don’t have “football guys” doing that stuff.

Ralebird and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. mezzavo

Let me explain something to you and the other two, don’t let the foul language and direct assault on people who are pulling down millions of dollars a year to win football games fool you. I’m actually not a complete idiot. I’m just getting old and mad as hell an organization I’ve supported for decades can’t seem to rub two wins in a row together.

Thank you for pointing out to me that the business, The NY FOOTBALL Jets, is something “other” than a professional football team who’s SOLE product is producing a winning football team that ends each year TRYING to get to the Super Bowl. I wonder, if not a winning football product, exactly what IS the end result? What is this businesses Mission Statement? Their “corporate goals?” Widgets?? No, AUTOMOBILES! No, this organization, this “business” should be about nothing but winning. When I go into work each day I start the day with, “what can I do today that will further my company’s direct goal?” For the kind of bread these people are pulling down, I expect each and everyone of them to say the same thing morning, noon and night. Now, I don’t know about you but if I’m putting out automobiles I don’t bring in a piano maker. If I want candles I don’t bring in a florist. If I want to win FOOTBALL games I want to bring in people that understand football and everything that it takes to WIN football games. I understand it’s a business but there are plenty of football people with business degrees that I’m sure could do the job.

There also seems to be a hang up about value. The NY Jets may be WORTH a couple billion dollars but they are not a multi billion dollar organization. The NY Jets are rolling right about $560 Million annually. They’ve got a ways to go. But I’ll tell you one thing, my organization does a little more than half that revenue with a 5th of the Executive staff. And I’ll tell you, all of my executive staff could do every job in our company. Is it really too much to ask that the football “business” that millions of fans support have at least ONE football guy outside the GM on the staff if they are going to try and trot out a FOOTBALL PRODUCT?

Another thing, I’ll bet you didn’t know that the NFL is a non-profit organization. Look it up.

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Pro sports is business, period. The NFL is all about profits.

9. Bills over Jets

So what you’re saying is, Woody is freely giving away millions every year that could be going into his pocket to other people with fake titles, just for the hell of it. Instead of pocketing that money, Woody decided “you know what, let me just give it to some guys for free.” You’re smoking crack. You don’t get to be billion dollar companies by making stupid decisions and overspending by millions. Have you ever ran a billion dollar company? Have you ever ran two at the same time? Have you ever ran a million dollar company? Have you ever ran any company? Just stop, you’re embarrassing yourself.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Whatever the fuck they do... it ain't working. :mad:

Where's Champ69 when you need him?

papapump, Cman68 and mezzavo like this.
  11. mezzavo

You can twist this any way you want. It isn't going to change that this "business" has failed in its' primary mission and that is winning football games. You fail at the primary mission of the "business" and that should come with consequences. Not with this "business."

The_Darksider likes this.
  12. Bills over Jets

I quickly checked some of the teams considered to be the best run organizations in football, who’ve had success for decades. None of the Chiefs, Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Eagles or Bills have team presidents who are “football guys.” It took me 1 minute. You could’ve done the same before blasting a bunch of people you don’t know and pretending you know how to run a billion dollar business. The jets have sucked because they hire unqualified GMs, poor character coaches to lead their team, and haven’t had a QB for 50 years. It’s not because they have business people running business departments.

JetsKickAss and Ralebird like this.
  13. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

The New York Jets are one of the top ten or so most valuable pro sports assets in the world. That's including the NY Yankees, LA Lakers, Dallas Cowboys, Manchester United, etc.

There seems to be a ... a discrepancy.

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Welcome back, Captain.
    [​IMG]

15. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

True, they could really use an actual football guy as President of Football Operations, or some other title along those lines. However, the complaint of the OP is on the existence of positions in the org where the person holding that job clearly isn’t a football guy. But the Jets are a business, and there will be parts of the operation (ticket sales, marketing, accounts receivable/payable) where having a paper pushing bean counter is perfectly fine, preferred in fact.

Although knowing how stupid Woody Johnson is, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the finest football mind in the organization is working in accounts payable.

mezzavo likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Those guys suck. If they are just businessmen then they should do some business work and get us a stadium in NYC. Somehow Buffalo gets one but not the team that plays in the greatest city in the world

the Jets are losing on and off the field. A new owner would fire every one of those clowns his or her very first week

mezzavo and Cman68 like this.
  17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. There's marketing, accounting, forecasting, business development, event planning, etc, etc, etc.

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Woody got to run a billion dollar company because he won the sperm lottery.

NY Jets68, Cman68 and BrowningNagle like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Seriously... its like the guy doesn't know who Woody even is

Cman68 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Very good post @mezzavo. I've taken the liberty of deleting all your post EXCEPT the one small paragraph that explains everything:

99% of our beloved Jets Org Chart has little to do with actual football, and everything to do with adding zeros to the number in Woody's checking account.

Our Org Chart is similar to that of Barnum and Bailey's Ringling Brothers Circus. 99% of that Org Chart couldn't care less about elephants and tigers. They spend their time buying newspaper and radio ads, managing the salaries of Clowns, Worlds Hairiest Woman, and Trapeze Artist, and figuring out how to sell more and more tickets, beer, and pop-corn in the next town over.

Jets Org does the same thing. Just swap out Tents and Lion Tamers with Stadiums and QBs :p

mezzavo likes this.