Now that you've played for a few days, what do you think

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by BlairThomas#1, Aug 29, 2006.

1. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I got to say. I am little disappointed in this Madden.

While the game play has improved (tackling, etc.) the focus on running has made the game unrealistic. Every big back from Steven Jackson to Mike Anderson just runs over, through and around everyone. In general there are just too many big plays that result from missed/broken tackles

Also, the onsides kicks have a about a 50% success ratio if you hit it in the right spot as opposed to about 5% last season.

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed that. Even with Stiff-arming, it seems that everytime I use the stiff arm, wether it's with a RB or WR (or whoever), they stiffarm atleast 1 guy with no problem.

3. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

i think they need to stop making the TE the biggest recieving threat

anyone whos played the giants online knows what im talking about

and im sick of recievers like pinkston BURNING champ bailey...you tell me how realistic pinkston tearing apart champ for a 250 yd day is

corners are way to underrated in general, the rating means nothing

4. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Have you played with Vernon Davis yet...sick.

The long ball is much easier this season which is unfortunate, even with the shorter players.

As for the CBs is seems like too much emphasis is placed on awareness. A cornerback can have the ball go right through his hands or just over his helmet and not either knock it down or make the INT because of a low awareness rating.

On the flip side, just so it doesn't seem like I am just complaining. I like the ability of the D-linemen and other defenders to shed blocks and try and make a play. Also, the ends seem to actually get penetration this year unlike the past couple of years.

Also the draft scouting is much improved. Although you can only work out like nine players, the new drills are pretty cool if but a bit tough.

The dual free agency periods in the offseason are useful as well.

5. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Use the sliders to adjust it. Like this one:

http://maddenmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141589

first off i would like to thank those who gave me input on my previous sliders. once again any input and stats are more than welcome. tackling may be 1 notch to low for some and i am really curious to see how well others pass and also the number of pancakes you get. i think i have the cpu pancakes right but human still seemed low. i am also curious to see how well of a push your o-line gets. i don't use lead blocking that much but it does help create more pancakes if you like them how they are.

Game
    All-Madden
    12 minutes
    accelerated clock ON

Fair Play
    No Huddle pennalties ON (this is really personal preference)

Custom Game Setting
    Auto-Sub Out 86%
    Auto-Sub In 91%

Penalty Settings
    All Maxed

A.I.
    Offence Code v8M4axm0 (not sure if its a ZERO or capital o)

Human/CPU
    QB Acc 8/7
    Pass Block 4/1
    WR Catch 10/11
    RB Abil 10/10
    Run Block 5/3

Defense Code Ulh1fJh1

Awareness 5/5
    Knockdown 7/7
    Intercep 3/3
    Break Block 12/11
    Tackling 8/7

Special Teams Code HiujIBK2

FG Length 9/9
    FG Acc 0/0
    Punt Length 10/11
    Punt Acc 0/6
    Kickoff 10/10

6. Zcore

Zcore New Member

I have to admit Big backs like J. Lewis & oh my God Alstott excel in this game. I've been using ATL & I make TJ Duckett start. He is way too good....He has power & speed you can't stop him...shit is Crazy!! I love the added animation although the game is pretty much the same as last year (PS2)

7. Tight

Tight Active Member

I have to agree when playin on all madden, and your going against a bigger back. Espect the first tackle to be broken every single time. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Not to mention no matter how shitty the pc's o line is, they block to perfection.

Is it just me or no matter how much you hit stick. the computer does not fumble.

I have reggie bush in my franchise, carry is 88. If he gets the right hit hell throw the ball up in the air.

rookies suck unless you play with them, they'll stay in there zone and watch the ball just zoom over there heads.

No lies, every pick ive gotten in my franchise have all been user pics except for about 2. I had 30 in the season. Michael huff 10ints ( all user pics)

Overral the game is good, I agree big backs are way too dominant.

Special teams, when kicking off the ball, it seems that almost my entire side of the field are on there backs in about 5 seconds. leading to the pc getting to the 50 yard line every single time.

#7 Tight, Aug 29, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  8. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Yeah, I forgot about the kickoffs. you really need to get them deep and try and have one guy avoid the blockers and make the tackle yourself.

however, it works both ways, I am getting a lot better kick returns than last season (using Jeremy Bloom)

9. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

Justin Miller returned 4 kicks for TDs in one game for me !

10. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

rookie or pro, haha

(why were they kicking so many times...4 scores on ya? ew)

11. Tight

Tight Active Member

Rookie ! or pro for sure

12. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

3 fgs and 1 TD

13. Keeprunning28

Keeprunning28 New Member

I like the new blocking control feature and the new running kicks ass. Any one else notice how easy it is to return kickoffs for TDs?

14. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

This game isn't up to snuff IMO but each year the make some things better while making others worse. That camera angle in superstar...I mean damn who did they have testing this thing?!?!?

Its way to easy for guys to run over anybody...yesterday is a prime example as I saw DAVID CARR run over D.ROB on a 5 yard run up the gut. I played a guy online who used the hawks and alexander was literally invinceable vs. my defense....i like the additions but there just way to good.

Why take away on the field options like Defensive playmaker....the ability to change the pass blocking scheme of the oline.....in game audibles specific to each formation....

The training for each game is unbalanced, certain things are super easy to do and others are nearly impossible. and why can I add points to my awareness b/c I could lift 225 34 times ?!?! makes no sense.

Finally I miss the way the draft used to be in old maddens. I loved it when you had to scout players, and how people booed or cheered for your picks. Its also craptacular that you can still use draft pics to get just about anybody on anyone else's team.

All in all, this is a typical madden where they take 2 steps forward then 2 steps back.I'll probably be able to play online for a few more weeks until people start nano blitzing me to death forcing me to sell the game since I can't play it.

15. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

yo i own in kick retrns and i cause 2 fumbles a game. lj is too good. and the whole rookie lb class's rankings are too high. Dbrick also sucks ass

16. DariusVassell

DariusVassell Member

This is the last one i'll buy, honestly preferred Madden 2000 to this years....Thank god they havent managed to f**k up NCAA yet

17. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I like it for the most part. Would like to be able to view replay before a challenge...The challenges makes you hold your breath as well...One time I challenged where the WR had 1 FOOT in and it turns out to be a catch, horseshit.

That has to be fixed. The truck stick for the RB works 95% of the time...Just woke up so i'll add some more stuff later...

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

NCAA has problems this year. You can't see the field when you return kicks. The momentum meter has way too much influence on the game.

19. Tight

Tight Active Member

Its getting worse and worse every year. Hopefully next gen will step up

20. DariusVassell

DariusVassell Member

True but i actually like the momentum meter..just means you have to put together a drive to take it away though you do fumble easier when you are minus 5.....makes playing my Red Raiders more fun because beating Texas isnt a gimme anymore