Not the "Same ole' Jets"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by atlantajetsfan0462, Sep 10, 2006.

1. atlantajetsfan0462

atlantajetsfan0462 New Member

I know most of us were watching todays game thinking "here we go...same ole Jets"...but I tell you this...THIS IS A NEW ERA FELLAS.

The team really kept its poise in the 4th quarter. I am really impressed with Manginni, Shott, Pennington, Coles, Cotch, and others today.

No worries on Nugent either. Everyone has a bad day. He will rebound.:jets:

Congrats on the W fellas....Way to start of the year. Enjoy the victory

2. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

This is the first time in a while where I've been confident in the Jets Offense. In Chad We Trust.

Nice game by Brian Shottenheimer. That 3rd and 1 pass to Cotchery was money. Fcuk the dink & dunk we actually spread the field and went deep today. The running game is still a concern but the O-Line gave Chad a lot of time to pass today. A- overall

3. Bryce

Bryce New Member

They will piss down their legs again.

4. atlantajetsfan0462

atlantajetsfan0462 New Member

Seriously...enjoy todays win. You will hear crap tomorrow like "Tennesse sucks" or crap like that. But I tell you...this team is SOOOOOOOOOOO different than the years before. I loved watching them today. Mangini and his crew are smart guys....this is a NEW ERA!!!!!

5. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Well...Technically, it was the "same ole' Jets"...

Already week 1 and giving you ulcers...

6. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

Yup, I felt the pain in my stomach as soon as the i saw the ball bouncin around on the goal line

7. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I've heard these "this team is different" sentiments FAR too many times in my lifetime as a Jet fan.

i'll start getting optimistic when we're back in a championship game...so for now I'll just say I'm glad we won today.

8. NamathDays

NamathDays New Member

So been there, done that...This was one game...I don't know this teams philosophy, psychology and true abilities yet from just one game...I do know that the one thing really different was...NO HERM....and that ALONE makes a difference...looking forward to this year...as I was yesterday

9. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

This isnt the same old Jets if it was we would of lost todays game. But its a new era new coaching staff therefore we won.

10. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

It's about getting the "W" baby..Every week it's a tough game..Nothing in this league is very easy..They look well coached and showed strength of character,something thats been missing around these parts..The wait is over Jet fans..we have the COACH, everything else will fall into place sooner than later...JETS< JETS>JETS

11. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

they had a very good game plan. Im very impressed with mangini's first game

12. canuckgreenandwhite

canuckgreenandwhite New Member

Well, we're undefeated baby.....ok 1 game but geez, Penny looked awfully good, but if we don't get them running game going we will be dead, i'm mean let's face it.....the Titans are a brutal bunch......nonetheless 1-0:)

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

"Same Old Jets" have been gone for 10 years now but when we blew the lead we sure looked like the "same old Jets" but the SOJ wouldn't have come back.