Nostradamuses thread!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by chandler, Apr 28, 2020.

1. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

May I suggest that people post their woulda, coulda, shoulda on the draft. Who should we have drafted instead of whom? We can revisit next year or the year after to see who has the gift of foresight

In the past I have seen astute posters mention Josh Allen (DE) and Alvin Kamara

This is for posterity's sake!

2. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

the QB is a wasted pick...should have grabbed Fromm

James Hasty likes this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I was edging towards Wirfs or Jeudy with the 11th or even later on when we could have had the other OT Jones with our third-round pick, this guy was meant to sneak into the late first round.

But not really fussed at how it all worked out and certainly not bothered about the QB he looks a good prospect, Fromm is clever but his arm will always be weak.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Lamb is going to be an all pro receiver for years. Becton will be good for years.

James Morgan will never amount to anything more than a backup that plays poorly when called upon while Gandy-Golden becomes a legitimate red zone target.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No knock on Becton, but passing on Jeudy and Lamb was a big mistake.

Zack Moss will be a similar player to young Frank Gore in the NFL. We should've found a way to get Tyler Biadasz. Curtis Weaver will be a late round steal and a quality edge player in the NFL.

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Just for fun....
    Round 1: CeeDee Lamb
    Round 2: Ezra Cleveland
    Round 3: Bryan Edwards
    Round 3: Lloyd Cushenberry
    Round 4: Anthony McFarland Jr
    Round 5: Curtis Weaver
    Round 6: Lamar Jackson
    Round 6: Jake Hanson

James Hasty likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I think every person here would have signed up for those first three rounds. Annoying that it could have been reality but hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

8. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

We would take that but to be fair, when you are taking someone you don't absolutely know who will be available in the later rounds.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

We signed this beast as an udfa so you have already blown one of your picks.

Booooooooooooooooooooo booooooooooooooooooooooooooo sack the GM :D

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

My only complaint was the James Morgan pick, and that was a pick that Joe Douglas created by multiple trade downs, so not sure how anyone can complain. I wanted Lamb or Jeudy over OT, but I am all-in on Becton now. Still cool to see what you guys say though and then look back on this thread in a couple years!

Noam likes this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I hereby renounce my right to second guess JD's draft. I could quibble, but after reading the analyses and many posts and thinking about the overall plan, I think he did as well as he could have. Sure, Becton may be a bust, but I think it was the right pick, so if that happens, I'll eat crow. And I think Morgan was a goo pick too, and again, if he becomes another Hackenberg, I'll take a second helping.

Now, if Macc were still the GM! I'd be seconf, third, fourth, fifth and sixth guessing him!:mad:

Noam and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, we shouldn't. Fromm does not have an NFL arm, period, much less one for the northeast in the winter. [Sorry, but you're flat our wrong imo]. Edit: Sorry. My apologies. Joe is right, that is too strong. I didn't mean any disrespect, just think that we need a QB with a stronger arm. IMO Fromm's arm isn't even as strong as Chad's before he had all those surgeries on his shoulder, so I disagree that we should have taken Fromm.

#13 NCJetsfan, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    NYJetsO12, joe, Attackett and 2 others like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

I think that Becton potential is every bit as good as Lamb's. In fact, with Lamb playing opposing Amari Cooper, Lamb probably won't get the stats he would have otherwise, if he was another team's #1 or their main threat.

The Jets already have legitimate red zone targets in Herndon, Mims, Griffin, and now possibly Cager. IMO they needed a #2 WR to go with Mims, not just a Red Zone Target.

I also disagree with you about Morgan's potential. He has the intelligence and the talent. If he doesn't amount to more than that, it's because we have no QB coach, Dowell Loggains and Adam Gase.

15. NCJetsfan

According to Manish, Douglas would not have taken Lamb or Jeudy if none of the top 4 OTs were there. He said that Douglas would have traded down or taken Henderson if he was there or another player. I don't know it that's Manish just making crap up again, or if he has a source.

Noam, PJ4Ever and The Dark Knight like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

I respectfully disagree. I loved Lamb and Jeudy, but passing on them and taking Becton was not even a small mistake, much less a big mistake. Weaver may wind up being a quality edge player, but Biadasz was not a good fit for us. He is not athletic enough, and has the injury issue.

NYJetsO12 and PJ4Ever like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

I wouldn't have. You know that I love Lamb, and I like Edwards and Cleveland, but I really believed that we needed Becton in the 1st to solidify our OL. I don't think that Cleveland would have been of any help this year, and might not ever be. I liked him, but he was much more iffy than Becton.

Noam, joelip, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  18. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

1. Becton
    2. Trade down + Mims
    3. Zack Baun
    3. Lloyd Cushenberry
    4. Logan Stenberg
    4. James Morgan
    4. Cameron Clark
    5. Bryce Hall
    6. Bradon Mann
    6. Jauan Jennings (instead of Colts trade)

For the most part Joe did alright. I think there was some talent available that he let slip by. This version cuts out some DBs and RBs in favor of some more OL, WR, and Edge.

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Not a bad alternative, but taking Davis the Safety allows JD to address the Adams and Maye situation, and provides immediate help in the secondary. I too liked Baun in the pre-draft, but have since come to like the Davis pick more.

Also, I would've taken a WR or one of the gadget guys instead of Cushenberry.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

I don't think Stenberg was even on Douglas' board. He committed a ton of penalties and was nonchalant about them. I don't think he was coachable, either. I heard in one of the videos either before or right after the draft that Stenberg believes that he plays OL old school, the way it should be, the correct way. He doesn't see his penalties as a problem at all. If true, he would never have helped this team.

I don't think Jauan Jennings was on Douglas' board, either. He's a big and strong, but has issues against press coverage getting off the LOS, is slow and has stiff hips. He's just not athletic enough.

Zach Baun is too small. He doesn't really fit our D, although I am certain that he will be a good blitzer and 4-3 OLB.