no thread for yanks rays?

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by jonnyd, May 12, 2008.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

so this team sucks so bad that we dont even bother making the stupid series threads anymore? What a gigantic pile of shit this team is. I cannot wait until this fuckin asshole cashman is fired.....how he still has a job is amazing. Football cant get here soon enough

2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to baseball season. This team has pissed me off so much i haven't watched a game in a week. And i paid for extra innings. I just can't stand to see Giambis stupid face on tv just to see a solo shot every 400 ground outs to the deep 2nd baseman or strikeout. F--k you,NYY,f--k you to hell!

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

ahahaha...the city'll be in a good mood tomorrow...

4. typeOnegative13NY

And,i blew 1500 vbucks on these assholes.

5. jonnyd

its unwatchable.....same fuckin team from last year and im sick of looking at them...

6. jonnyd

this fuckin jeter is another one...I cant watch him slap the ball around the field anymore.....he was awesome and Ill always love him. but if I could trade him tomorrow I would.....I dont need to see him get worse and worse for the next 4 years........he has the most meaningless 300+ batting average youll ever see

7. typeOnegative13NY

I really thought this team would be good this year. I was behing keeping Hughes,Kennedy and Joba instead of going after Santana.We have enough Bats that we should be winning games. A line up of Arod,Jeter,Posada,Damon,Giambi etc should not be a problem. So WTF is it? The Hitting coach? Nobody gives a shit on the team? I realize Posada and Arod are out but still wasnt much better when they were here.

8. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

you guys are terrible fucking fans. ever heard of being positive? all you ever do is complain. we are in a better place than we were last year at this point in the season despite having our two best offensive players out and a key starting picther (hughes) and valuable reliver (bruney). do something besides bitch and moan once in a while. were not gonna win every game.

9. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

10. jonnyd

dude. we suck. And hughes coming back in july with a new pair of glasses doesnt have me thinking pennant.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I know you mean Arod in there but you can't be seriously including Posada, can you? He had his contract year last year and will now forever more be the .250 hitter he always was.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The coffin is still there once Hughes is back. Unless it becomes Hughes who is lying in state. Of course if he has another of his 3 inning gems on Thursday where he throws 100 pitches and gives up 8 runs he may even lose his temporary job to Igawa.

13. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

come on yank-me fans.there is a sig bet thread.
    check the S.O.S. thread

14. jonnyd

im in ballsack......whats the bet

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

No wonder players don't like to play in NY. I'm (admittedly) irrational at times, but damn.

The last time Posada hit under .260 was in 1999, when he hit .245 in 112 games. His next lowest average in the time since was .262 in '05. He's a career .277 switch-hitter, with power. On most teams in the major leagues, he's at least a #5 hitter, if not the cleanup man.

How is everyone going to act if Kennedy doesn't throw a 2-hit shutout? Call for blood? He's a baby. I've got pairs of pants older than him. Saying Igawa is a bust is one thing, saying Kennedy or Hughes, who is really a baby (and the youngest starter in the league), is just retarded.

Is this team playoff bound? Probably not. But for crying out loud, you guys act like you've never seen a team lose before. For more than a decade we've celebrated at the end of every September, if not October. Other teams have been building in that time. Has it caught up to us? Maybe. Is that any reason to panic? Of course not.

It's amazing to watch this syndrome (and I admit I can be guilty of it at times). When Mangini took over, this entire board lit up with "give him time to work out his three year plan!" Then in year two many of the same people wanted him burned at the stake.

Coming into this season, everyone was willing to give Girardi a couple years to right the ship overloaded with washed up talent. Now? We're almost a month and a half into his first season at the helm, and everything is wrong with this organization.

We're going to lose games. At some point we all have to deal with that.

16. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Yank-Me fans = Veruca Salt
    [​IMG]

17. jonnyd

you may want to look back at some met threads from last september:)

18. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

The majority of our fan base sucks. Especially post-dynasty. Just something we have to deal with.

19. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

It's just strange, you know? I can understand when it's young guys, who were, say, teens or younger back in the 90s. When I see guys my age or older going crazy though, I can only think "Wow".

If you became a Yankee fan during the dynasty, then I can understand your frustration at this point. You don't know anything else but winning. If you were a fan in the 80s though, wtf? The Yankees were pretty frigging depressing back then, and they had talent. Mattingly, Winfield, Pagliarulo, Randolph/Sax, Henderson, Washington. There was definitely talent. We just had piss-poor pitching, and what little we had, we traded away. (Doug Drabek haunted me for years.)

I just don't get it.

20. jonnyd

not sure I understand your point. because they sucked in the 80's(which I definitely lived through) I cant get upset when they suck in 2008?