No Stars in draft. No real top 10 players.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kellypkjoe, Apr 15, 2008.

1. kellypkjoe

kellypkjoe New Member

The Bengals would love to get McFadden as Rudi johnson averaged under 3 yds a carry. He is an old 29 as he runs betwwen the tackles and is beat up.
    Our 6th for their ninth and and 3rd round pick (14th). It would fill in the vital 3rd round and as we then a CB or a rivers fit at the 9th slot.

2. Phyr

Phyr Member

This thread title told me exactly what this thread was going to be about.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Why did you start two threads with the same information, and mislead us with the thread title in this one?? A banning is in order.

The title holds some truth, so expand on it and tell me your opinion, other than this Bengal trade down you want so badly.

There are very few stars in this draft-- correct, now add more.

4. kellypkjoe

kellypkjoe New Member

NDmick,
    You have a good point. I have been listenong to various Guru,s on the radio and TV.
    Also checking comments on many many many mock drafts. The comments except for Dorsey have all had serious negatives about all the potential 1st rounders.
    Jack long for instance almost everyone says he will be an excellent RT and MAY develop into a LT.
    Gohlston ser8ious doubts about his desire to play up to physical talents. Workout warrior???
    Ryan best of a mediocre QB class. 19 interceptions in 2007.
    McFadden goes down too easily when hit. Very little lower body strength. Played in what was very close to a single wing offense. A lot of outside rushes. Reggis Bush???
    Chris Long-Many say his father rep is has pushed him up higher then belongs and needs right system

5. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

The fact of the matter is, there are always question marks in players. You will never find a college prospect without some kind of question marks. Even Reggie Bush had the "can he carry the load" question mark.

6. californiajet

californiajet Member

Uuuuum, the answer was no.....

7. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

And a guy like Tiki Barber had a storied career with the same "issue."

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's not so much that there isn't stars. It's more a matter of there isn't one single player who stands out from the rest. There are 6 or 7 or 8 guys who are all good but none are better than the others. That is why none of the top teams really care much who they get as long as they fit their scheme.

This is exactly why Parcells will draft whoever takes the lowest contract. He really doesn't care who it is. In turn that helps everybody else picking after him. I read this morning that he is offering Jake Long 15 million less than Russell signed for last year. That's setting the clock back 3 years.

#8 Don, Apr 17, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  9. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Trading down from 6 to 9 would yield just an additional 3rd rounder?

10. Turnbub

Turnbub New Member

I read the ESPN Magazine article on McFadden. I wasn't impressed with his attitude or his abilities, sure he's got breakaway speed in the open, but i don't know if he's capable of breaking a tackle or two to get in the open.

No one player the top 10 impresses me that much. . except Chris Long, but i'm a UVA fan. he's got a great team attitude and i've seen him take on double teams, never stop and still get the sack, get the tackle, or totally blow up plays.

I really want the jets to trade down and rob some dumb team dying for McFadden and get an additional first rounder next year.