No Only 1 primetime game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets18, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Jets18

Jets18 New Member

Looking over the schedule for 2007 we only have one primetime game (not including Thanksgiving). The Giants have 5 primetime games. Here is a piece of advise for the NFL, the Giants blow and Eli sucks and will never be as good as Payton. We are a better team then the Giants and I think we will show the NFL how good we are this year. We will earn the respect of everyone this year.

2. JetFanInTampa

JetFanInTampa Banned

Its really a freaking joke. The Giants go 8-8, Tiki retires, and they get 5 primetime games. Broncos didnt make the playoffs, i think they have 4. Eagles had the same record as us, and they get 4. I cant remember the last time the Jets didnt have a monday night game, i think 96 is the last year.

3. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

I counted 2 Monday nite games and 2 Sunday nite for the Steelers. WTF? They didn't even make the playoffs!

:steelers:

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets were the #5 seed in the AFC and didn't get on 1 MNF game.

I hate the MNF crew so I am kind of happy, but the Jets deserved atleast 1.

How many non-playoff teams made it on MNF?

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

MNF sucks anyway.

Who wants to stay up late, be tired at work, and then have short week for the next opponent...

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Non-Playoff teams of 06 on MNF in 2007:
    Bengals
    Cardinals
    49ers
    Redskins
    Titans
    Bills
    Falcons
    Jaguars
    Packers
    Steelers
    Dolphins
    Vikings

Pathetic.

7. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

2007 Monday Night Schedule

9/10: Ravens at Bengals and Cardinals at 49ers
    9/17: Redskins at Eagles
    9/24: Titans at Saints
    10/1: Patriots at Bengals
    10/8: Cowboys at Bills
    10/15: Giants at Falcons
    10/22: Colts at Jaguars
    10/29: Packers at Broncos
    11/5: Ravens at Steelers
    11/12: 49ers at Seahawks
    11/19: Titans at Broncos
    11/26: Dolphins at Steelers
    12/3: Patriots at Ravens
    12/10: Saints at Falcons
    12/17: Bears at Vikings
    12/24: Broncos at Chargers

It's no secret that the coming edition of "Monday Night Football" will kick off with a doubleheader for the second consecutive season when the Ravens visit Cincinnati and the 49ers host Arizona. The matchups were revealed earlier this month.

Now that the full MNF schedule, released by the NFL on Wednesday, is in play, debate can begin anew as to which matchups offer the most intrigue.

The Ravens, along with the Broncos, will appear on ESPN a league-high three times during the 2007 season. Including their Week 1 appearance, Baltimore also will play in Week 9 at Pittsburgh, where the Steelers will be celebrating their 75th anniversary as an NFL franchise, and will host New England in Week 13.

In addition to home games for Denver against the Packers and Titans, the Broncos visit San Diego.

New England's game against the Ravens is one of two MNF appearances for the powerhouse Patriots. New England also visits Cincinnati in Week 4.

Reggie Bush and the Saints will host Vince Young and the Titans on Sept. 24 in Week 3, one year to the day after the Saints reopened the Superdome after being displaced by Hurricane Katrina.

New Orleans also will visit division-rival Atlanta in Week 13. That will be one of two MNF appearances for the Falcons, who also host the Giants in Week 6.

The Super Bowl champion Colts will make their only Monday Night appearance on Oct. 22 in Week 7, when they visit Jacksonville.

The following week, Brett Favre will make his only appearance on Monday Night Football in 2007 when his Packers visit Denver to face the Broncos.

The Dolphins make their lone appearance in Week 12, when Joey Porter makes what figures to be an emotional return to Pittsburgh to to face the Steelers in their second appearance on the schedule.

The NFC champion Bears make their lone appearance on the Monday Night schedule in Week 15, when they visit division-rival Minnesota.

"America's Team" makes its only appearance in Week 6, when the Dallas Cowboys visit Buffalo.

The final game on the schedule could go a long way in determining who wins the AFC West as LaDainian Tomlinson and the Chargers, who won 14 regular-season games in '06, host the Broncos.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2833317

8. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

To be fair, we did get Thanksgiving, which is probably the most "primetime" of them all. And the final game of the season on Sunday night isn't bad either.

9. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

I'd rather not have a MNF game anyway. It screws up the team's schedule during the week.

By the way, the final Sunday night game vs KC isn't even guaranteed, since it's FLEX.

10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The NFL is a business, so I would imagine the prime time schedule is based on $$$, ratings, and popularity. Once we start making some serious noise we'll probably get more national exposure. Not that I want it...I like Sunday games myself...but if we keep winning it's inevitable.

11. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Under the radar again this year, is my hope. Give me 16 1 p.m. starts and I'm just fine. What is the expression: slow and steady wins the race?

12. Gibril28Wilson

Gibril28Wilson New Member

no one will ever be as good as Peyton. he is one of the best ever, if not the best. and how do the Giants blow? we had one of the hardest schedules last year and our whole defense was injured last year.

and based on the rankings, you were not a better team than the Giants. you guys did have a better record but you guys had a much easier schedule than we did.

we have a better team but you guys have a much better coaching staff.

and just to let you know, you guys could end up with 3 or 4 primetime games considering weeks 11-17 are not written in rock.

13. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Not surprised by the bs again.

14. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

the Jets being on primetime doesn't get as good ratings as some other teams, its as simple as that

15. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I hate primetime games.

Football = Sunday afternoon.

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Who cares about what rankings say? According to rankings Duke was a top 15 college basketball program this year and clearly they weren't one of the best 35 teams in the country on the court. The bottom line is we were in the playoffs and you weren't regardless of what rankings say.

I don't think it's about Eli vs Peyton because your right now Peyton and Brady are the 2 best and everybody else is way behind them. But Eli lacks leadership skills, he doesn't exactly look like he is gonna be this great QB he was hyped up to be. Speaking today I'll take a weak armed leader over a guy that seems to be just an average QB with an above average lst name.

17. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I hate primetime games I am happy

18. Gibril28Wilson

Gibril28Wilson New Member

as far as i know we made the playoffs just like you guys....

and just because you dont go far in the NCAA tournament doesnt mean you are a bad team. you saying Maryland and Wisconsin were bad basketball teams this year?

oh, and i love Eli, we made the playoffs in back to back year for the first time in i think 16 years.... it's more than the Jets and than weak armed, leader who is injury prone and you're never sure if he'll play a whole season has done in more playing time than Eli...

#18 Gibril28Wilson, Apr 11, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  19. joejets1

joejets1 Member

I would rather have a Sunday Night game i think since NBC got into the mix they are trying to make that the new Monday Night. The game on the last week is a flex game and is not set into that time.

20. WickedlyCold13

WickedlyCold13 New Member

Quitcherbitchin...ok so no monday night...whoopdiie doo....we have turkey day against the boys, and a regular season against the giants, which is huge!.. Then we kick off the season with The pats comin to our house! Im pumped about this schedule regardless of monday night games.