NJ Restaurants to open for indoor dining on July 2nd

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brook!, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Brook!

Brook! 2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Who will go? I don’t plan to do that yet. :)

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Depends on whether or not I can go right in. If I have to wait for a table than I won’t , if I can walk right and sit I’ll eat out.

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Finally. I have no issue going to a restaurant to grab a nice meal and a beer or two

FJF likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I have to imagine that places will still give the folks the option to eat outside (at least those not on crowded main street area). One of the best things that might come out of this all is restaurants flexibility and innovation in terms of seating. A lot of these places used to jam people together.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Yeah the outside has been pretty good especially those who didn’t have outside seating before. PA has had outside seating for about two weeks and by Friday, we will be green, so 50% capacity inside. I’d still enjoy the open air and trust it moreso then being inside. I’m still not keen on bars and clubs (not much of a fan of neither), unless it’s outside.

6. Brook!

Can I taken you and @jetophile out to dinner?

7. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

All my favorite restaurants have drive-through windows, so this will have no effect on me. lol.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Don't fall asleep on line.

Acad23 likes this.
  9. SgtDonnyDonowitz

Opening at a quarter capacity is not open. That's not sustainable for any establishment and the piece of shit Stalin wannabe governor knows it

10. dawinner127

Guess not...

This guy is a fucking loser.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I went out to a restaurant last weekend for dinner for the first time in months and it was a pretty miserable experience. Not gonna rush to go back until the vibe is a little more relaxed than a doctors office. Not sure how these places are going to make it.

Ralebird likes this.
  12. dawinner127

A lot of them won't make it. It doesn't help them at all that the Governor screwed them by telling them they would be allowed to run at 25% capacity on July 2 which encouraged restaurant owners to go spend money on ingredients + supplies.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Yeah, just egregiously poor leadership.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not to mention all of the money they already spent retrofitting their business and the margin they've lost by ordering in smaller quantities. It's sad.

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

We went out on Saturday night to a local joint that we love (I'm in Orange County, NY). Most people opted to sit and eat on the outside patio but we chose to eat inside. Since everyone who chose to eat inside was comfortable eating/sitting inside, and everyone who chose eat outside was comfortable eating/sitting outside, everyone restaurant-wide had a great time.

We had to wear masks on the way in, but once we sat down, off they came. If you had to leave the table for any reason, you had to put the mask back on (i.e. retrieve something from your car, use the restroom, go to the bar to request a drink).

We had a blast. Maybe you should choose a different place to spend your $. Could have just been the vibe there. If people are too nervous to go out and enjoy a meal then they shouldn't do it. It's a waste of money and causes unnecessary anxiety. Just be anxious at home with a pizza.

Brook! likes this.
  16. jetophile

Sure, but only if I'm allowed to quote myself just to annoy @FJF otherwise I'm out.

Brook! and FJF like this.
  17. jetophile

This is just fucking stupid at this point. I said it and I'm glad.

Brook! likes this.
  18. dawinner127

I went out last Friday with another couple to a little Mexican joint in Havestraw and it was very similar to what you described. If you were more comfortable sitting outside, you sat outside, If you were more comfortable and wanted to sit inside, you sat inside. The mask situation was exactly the same as you described. Mask on as you enter, get to table, take it off. All the tables were 6 feet apart and everyone inside the restaurant felt comfortable. It actually felt like a normal night out once you got to the table and sat down. It was quite refreshing tbh.

From what I experienced/could see, there is no reason for these restaurants to be required to do takeout only/outside dining only. The problem the Murphy has is with the bars down the shore, not a little mom and pops family owned restaurant where all the guidelines are followed. It's a damn joke.

Brook! likes this.
  19. Brook!

NJ reversed the ruling for indoor dining. Is New York still allowing indoor dining?

20. jetophile

Well aren't you the daisy now! Hail Caesar you just want to walk right in! Fan me and feed me grapes! If you have to wait for a table then you won't! You must be one of those! Don't you know who I am! No! I don't! Make a reservation like everyone else! :mad::mad::mad:

Signed,
    -Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

Brook! and FJF like this.