NJ.com: Geno having Jets WR attend workouts?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ajitator, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

link:
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/20...e_and_mark_sanchez_have_no_hard_feelings.html

Quote:
    "Me and Mark are cool. There's no hard feelings or anything," Smith said. "He's up there getting some work with the guys, I'm down here getting work, some guys are going to be down here today. It's just been good."

Anyone know if he's referring to Jets WR. Would be good for him to have some guys join him for workouts.

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

He's working out with Antonio Brown, Tavon Austin, and Stedman Bailey. Its on ESPN front page I think.

3. Ajitator

Yea I saw he was working with those people,.. In the interview he made a reference specifically to people coming to join him today ( in the quote ) wasn't sure if those were JETS were coming down after Jets West or if he was referring to the people that were already working out with him.

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for Geno over Sanchez, so I still think him not going to JW was a good idea.

5. Ajitator

Wrong topic, Just wanted to know if he's working with Jets receivers or not.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Hopefully some Jets receivers show up.

7. Ajitator

Nod, Seems kinda counter productive for Geno's camp when most of the knocks were about his maturity level and the fact that he went through college by throwing to his superior WRs and letting them make plays.

Then he decides against Jets West and has his own private workout with Tavon and others ( with possibly no Jets WRS ). I would hope at least he invited some of his teammates to come down, and then would hope in turn they agree and show up.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

Even if no Jets show up, he's going to be doing a regimen thats fits what he personally has to work on, ie: footwork and the mental aspect. Maybe Jets West wasnt going to be tailored to what Geno needs to work on?

Im sure Marty told him before he left for the break that he needs to work on a,b,c, ect... Maybe taking the 5 days (including travel) away from his own work was counter productive and thats why he decided against it? If you actually think about it, it makes a lot of sense.

Imo, the ONLY thing Geno would have gained is a little bit of extra work with his wideouts. 98% of his chemistry is being built at TC and minicamps, not Jets West.

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

Hmm. The most exciting thing for me is that Stephen Hill is getting his work in and hopefully staying healthy.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

hill seems very dedicated. he said he was going to workout with cro also. I look forward to seeing him in the preseason, hill is going to surprise a lot of people

12. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Camp South?

13. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Kerley goes to Jets West, and since he is our only receiver I would say no.

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Hill has 1 job catch the ball

He's tough to bring down, his vertical and speed are menacing

Just catch the ball

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

And stay on the field... And run the route correctly.

Big year for him. Im not sure theres another player, outside of a QB, that this team needs more than him to be worth his draft pick.

16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

2nd rounder year I hope. Smith to Hill for the TD. Going to be hearing that alot if things go well.

17. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

With Vlad blocking

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

He has a good head on his shoulders, that migt not translate to being a great player but he also has great physical ability so you think the recipe is there for him to be a good player. The question is will there be a guy to get the ball to him?

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i'm a big fan of Hill's intangibles. He's got the intelligence, maturity and work ethic to be a future leader on this team.
    That along with the height and speed.., i really hope he can start putting it all together and be one of the break out players this year.

Hill and Davis... We need them. lets hope year 2 is a step in right direction for their careers here.

20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'm hoping we improve to mediocre QB play this year....whether its Smith or Sanchez tossing it.
    Hill improving his route running and hands would certainly help that cause...and i think he can step up some this year, and even more next year.