Nine Games in, and Zach Wilson has Five TD Passes.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Nov 13, 2023.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Now, we can all understand on the surface just how putrid that is, but lets examine this a little closer:

• Wilson has essentially started 9 games this season ( I know Rodgers technically started Game 1, but he blew his achilles tendon on the first drive, which is essentially a ninth start for Wilson.) Currently, seven QBs in the NFL have more TD passes than Zach Wilson while starting fewer games (Garoppolo 7, Watson 7, Young 8, Stafford 8, Fields, 11, R Wilson 16, Cousins 18).
    • Kirk Cousins is out for the season. It is highly unlikely that Zach Wilson will match his TD Total while potentially playing twice as many games
    • In his worst Season, while going 2-10 as a starter, Sam Darnold managed to throw 9 touchdown passes. Zach Wilson has twice as many wins as a starter this season with slightly more than half his TD Passes.
    • Speaking of Sam Darnold, He threw 19 TD Passes in 2019, one less than Zach Wilson's entire career.
    • Bill Belichick has decided to sit Mac Jones, despite Jones throwing twice as many TD Passes as Zach Wilson this season (10)
    • There are three non-qb's that have just four less TD passes than Zach Wilson (Keenan Allen, Devin Singletary, Derrick Henry)
    • Yet despite all I have listed above there is reason for optimism: Zach Wilson is just one touchdown away from matching his total for last season, in which he started... nine games.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

3. HackettSuxTNG

You said it, Sam.

4. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

According to some posters here its not his fault. He sucks. So does this franchise.

tomdeb and cmcm750203 like this.
  5. HackettSuxTNG

Are you "Some posters"?

6. semperfigreen

I just said in my post he sucks. Am I?

7. HackettSuxTNG

You are what you are.

8. semperfigreen

Ok. Great answer

HackettSuxTNG likes this.
  9. HackettSuxTNG

10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Sure the offense has other problems. But I don't get how you can say he's not the main problem. Nothing has changed in any significant way with him. He's never had it. And just about every QB stat backs up the eye test: he's a historically bad QB. And every other QB who plays in his place under the same conditions looks competent.

If you give him a top OL and say Davante Adams, he's still not going to be any good.

But hey, 98% of people knew that last year. Our GM unfortunately was in the 2%..... What a joke

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I don't know what to say anymore. My passion for NFL football is on life support.

SOJAZ, tomdeb, HomeoftheJets and 5 others like this.
  12. HackettSuxTNG

Perhaps an NFL Quality QB on your favorite team might help?

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  13. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

At this point its not even Zach Wilson's fault any more- he is who he is, everyone knows it, the fault is with a coaching staff that keeps trotting him out there and a GM who categorically refused to sign a veteran backup behind Rodgers or to sign one of the numerous crumby-but-still-better-than-Zach-Wilson free agents available after week one. There is an absolutely absurd commitment to Zach Wilson- I've said it before, but its like Joe Douglas thinks he's doomed if he admits drafting Zach Wilson was a mistake, when the thing dooming him is losing- nobody's calling for the heads of the 49ers leadership despite whiffing even worse on Trey Lance.

14. HackettSuxTNG

Trey Lance matched Zach Wilson's 5 TDs in 2021 with only two starts.

15. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

People are confusing the main problem overall with the main problem last night. He was not the main problem last night, but he is absolutely the main problem overall. Followed extremely closely by the coaching staff.

16. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Well hello there, self fulfilling prophecy!

REVISion and ProfJets like this.
  17. HackettSuxTNG

Jimmy Garoppolo has been benched while throwing three more TDs than Zach Wilson. He also has an almost 10 point higher third down conversion rate than Zach Wilson.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

and gets paid to do Subway commercials!

19. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

This is why I'd like to see Simien or Boyle back there, if even for only a couple games.

I'd like to see what the offense looks like with other players as a means to evaluate Zach. If Simien comes in and leads some touchdown drives, it could potentially change my evaluation of Zach, play calling and offensive line. If he comes in and lays a giant egg, we know for certain that upgrades are needed.

At this point, I don't see why you don't even try. The offense is unbelievably broken, maybe a new QB sparks something a bit.

20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Of those 5 one was all Breece on a screen and another was crazy catch by Garrett on a below average throw so that's really down to 3 now. As if we need more evidence that he's full of suck juice (abyzmal, 2023).