NFLPA Ratings - Jets 21/32

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Feb 29, 2024.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

How can this be with a brand new facility that has received rave reviews? Perhaps this is why the Jets have had so many injuries over the last several years, and it serves to verify what Becton said happened when he was attempting to come back following his first injury. It's little wonder that top FAs don't want to sign with the Jets!!!! The NFL should just shut this franchise down.

mezzavo and ouchy like this.
  2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

check the bengals next

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We're the10th most valuable franchise in profession sports. Our facilities alone should be top notch. This is a sad reflection on our owner.

mezzavo and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I don't know, but I've seen pictures of the locker room and if that's a C- I'm living in miserable conditions.

SOJAZ and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The NFLPA is notoriously a bunch of drama queens. Not to say we have the best facilities in the world or even better than any team in the league. But most of these things are dramatized.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Treatment of families is a big concern. Rookies you draft usually they are young and don’t have families, but it’s very important to veteran free agents and retaining players in house

Since1969 likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

They should truly just shut the NFL down. These scores are abysmal. With the money NFL teams make, there is absolutely no reason why any team should get a score in any category worse than a B+. This is disgraceful!

A quick, cursory glance shows that the Dolphins were the best, followed by the Texans. Even KC got Fs and Ds.

https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards-2024

8. NCJetsfan

9. BrowningNagle

shut the nfl down cause of some feedback from union employees? lets not lose our heads

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

These multimillionaires probably got flank steak one day of the week instead of NY strip and plummeted their grades from a B+ to a D.

11. BrowningNagle

I think anytime you ask for feedback its likely to bring negative responses. People like to complain so the grades should be taken with a grain of salt. I do wish the Jets scored better in certain areas though like treatment of families as I mention. Ya know you can't change the owner, locker room/weight room/cafeteria those are big projects that can bring varied opinions but treating families well should be an easy win

NY Jets68 likes this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I bet flank steak tastes great when you're 10-1.

WarriorRB28 likes this.
  13. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

Damn Dolphins lowest grade in any category was an A-. Patriots got an F- in treatment of families. An F wasn't low enough, an F- !:D

abyzmul and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. abyzmul

Owner got D+, Head Coach got B-

Ouch

15. BrowningNagle

even my 1st semester of college grade edged that one out :)

16. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Excellent point.

It would be interesting to see what the grades would be if the team had a winning record instead/Rodgers hadn't gone down a few plays into week 1.

As the old saying goes winning cures everything.

mezzavo likes this.
  17. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

A B- for Woody and a B for Coach Saleh are highly impressive grades IMO especially considering the season the Jets just endured in 2023. Same goes for the Nutritionist/dietician B+ whoever he or she is.

18. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You have no idea how right you are...in most cases. This is something I know a little about. In my career, I've seen and been a part of a number of these types of surveys and how a company is perceived by its' employees. It's very common that perception is often tied to how well the product is performing. If the performance is low then focus flows to the culture of the working environment. Look at the Raiders. They haven't won squat for a while and have had some serious team related issues. However, their facility is brand new so I'm not surprised at some of the scores. Also, say what you want about the Davis family but I've always had the impression that they take care of their people. Since the old man, Al, was running the show and it's clear he taught his son. Obviously, everything is subjective but I'm feeling the Kansas City facilities etc. must be real shitholes for a team, that's won 3 of the last 5 Super Bowls, to see a score like that. Their last stadium refresh was the same year that the Jets new stadium was opened. However, there's only so much that can be done with a refresh and Arrowhead was opened back in 1972. My guess is they have new facilities in the works considering they are on a Patriots style winning streak.

Then there's the Jets. The Jet's facility is only a little over 13 years old so it shouldn't be "that" bad. Of course, it is also a shared home and it's my impression that the Giants got the lion's share of the goodies. I've not been there since the new place opened so just going on what I read. I could be totally wrong on that front. However, toss in the same amount of losing seasons as the facility has been open as well as a poorly run operation and the perception of the overall "experience" is what we see reported. I'm not even going to comment on the families piece because that is simply unacceptable, league wide. It would be unacceptable if a team were operating out of a hole in the wall. How you treat people has nothing to do with whether or not the hot/cold tubs are new or 40 years old. When I see a poor grade for the family component, that's not a good thing for any team. It's just easier to swallow when you are winning Super Bowls as opposed to getting your butt kicked up and down the field decade in/out.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. abyzmul

Winning doesn't cure herpes.

20. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

The Jets are more like the genital warts of the National Football League.

#20 Ptflea2, Mar 4, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
    jets_fan and NCJetsfan like this.