NFLPA opens investigation into Jacksonville roster cuts

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by abyzmul, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jaguars are a flaming mess right now and it couldn't have happened at a better time for the Jets. If we get a win in London this weekend we have a real chance to pass the laughingstock title to Jacksonville for the rest of the season.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I almost can't believe how bad it is over there. Kotite may have been a terrible coach, but at least he seemed like an OK person. The thing with Meyer is that from what little I know of college ball there is a long litany of scumbaggery that you'd have to live in a void to not have heard of.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

How long until he’s the HC of USC?

5. jetophile

Somewhat unrelated, but do people forget the mass denialism hysteria at Penn State? I still can't get over that. Joe Pa my ass. So ya got Aaron Hernandez on the one hand and Paterno/Jerry Sandusky on the other. It almost makes Urban Meyer look like a saint.

6. Br4d

People with a lot of power tend to think they can get away with almost anything and the rules do not apply to them.

A successful college HC has a lot of power.

Royal Tee likes this.
  7. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I wonder if that young pretty blond woman (in his bar) sitting on his lap was vaccinated?

Ok, I am sure Mrs. Meyer is not too happy. Then again, who knows maybe they swing that way.

Cayman Nebraska, the pretty young girl, being a recent graduate of OU must have been a big fan of Urban. The media is calling it a lap dance, but in Rhode Island where I live, you normally think of a naked stripper.

It makes me wonder how Broadway Joe would have ever survived today with all the hedonistic things he did back in the day.

Urban you got caught and you now need to repent and act holy than thou.

But do you all think that this situation is isolated to just Urban Meyer? With fame and celebrity status come pretty young women, like Cayman Nebraska who would love to party with you.

Personally, I would like to think that I would still remain loyal to my wife if I was in this situation. But I am not in that situation. Who knows, maybe I may crumble just like Urban did.

So we are now going to hear from the moralistic media how bad Urban was and a total embarrassment he is to the Jaguar organization. Besides I can't think of any NFL owner who would do something that embarrassing, right Mr. Kraft? The media who will be telling you this story are so hypocritical and I am pretty sure they have interesting things in their moral closets.

In the meantime, Cayman I think you should get an agent and a lawyer. You are going to be a national figure, so you might as well make some money.

8. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

You make a good point, but do you realize that Aaron Hernandez played for Urban Meyer?

Rolling stone had a good article about the relationship between Aaron Hernandez and Urban Meyer. I disagree with their conclusion that Urban Meyer should have got Aaron Hernandez help and was responsible for enabling him.

I think Aaron Hernandez could never leave the gang life.

abyzmul likes this.
  9. Br4d

It's hard to take the hood out of the boy, always has been.

A college football coach has one responsibility, that being to win games. They're going to put the best players on the field until they get led away in handcuffs.

10. jetophile

Yes, it's why I said it. I would think that was clear.

11. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Anyone see Tebow on ESPN this morning? It seems pretty clear to me that there is a lot more to this story than has come out. Tebow is acting like Meyer was caught literally with his pants down. There is no way that Tebow would be this disappointed and devastated if this was just some one-time case of a random OSU fan dancing too closely in front of Meyer.

Whether Meyer deserves to be fired for cheating on his wife is a completely different question; in general, my response would be no. This situation, however, is different for two reasons. First, Meyer is a pompous ass, and the world loves to take down people like that. Second, he is obviously in over his head as an NFL coach, so a rehabilitated version of him hardly seems worth the trouble.

MoWilkBeast, abyzmul and Br4d like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

And he abandoned his team on a flight home to go do it while also canceling team activities the following Monday to deal with the media fall out.

Teams have let go of players for less, I don't see why they'd jeopardize the development of the top pick in the draft to deal with this dickhead.

But sometimes (most times) owners just do not want to admit they're wrong and pull the trigger. Khan doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who is scared to eat a little bit of dead money either.

13. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

He deserves all he gets just for having that stupid first name.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

God I love Urb. Even his 22 year old quarterback is sick of his shit.

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The gift that keeps giving

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is actually a much better payoff than Spurrier gave us, even when he ran the score up on Mariucci during the HOF game.

stinkyB likes this.
  17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yeah, at least the Ole Ball Coach is a likeable guy....

18. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Uh oh - Urban is going to pull his scholarship, or at least bench him, for publicly contradicting the coaching staff.

Oh wait ....

19. Jonathan_Vilma

We’ve all been reporting this since March.

abyzmul likes this.
  20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Remember when this self-loathing, prick of a Jets fan said that Trevor Lawrence should stay in school to avoid the Jets? Haha, go fist yourself Greenie.

I hope Lawrence pans out, the more parity in the NFL, the better, but to see the Jaguars continue to be well, the Jaguars is hilarious.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.