NFL Owners Vote in Favor of PI and Non-Calls to Be Reviewed

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by jetophile, Mar 27, 2019.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ass-interference-review-challenge/3283189002/

How convenient that this comes after Gronkcheatski retires. It's on both sides of the ball.

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL...nce-calls-non-calls-reviewable/9591553649947/

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-replay-pass-interference-20190326-story.html

I can't find the link at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it's a one year try out for 2019. It's about time because the favoritism and the ineptitude is for shit. Of course it comes on the tail end of Tom Cheats career. How come it isn't reviewable for a QB to scream in a refs face with spittle flying for over 20 seconds, have a flag come out on the other side of the field after that 20 seconds and get what he wanted, and not only get the flag but not get an unsportsmanlike? Cunt.

There are some other rule changes, too. I'll try to find them later.

K'OB likes this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I heard it on NFL radio. Bad calls are too big to overlook...too much at stake.

Are we getting refs who are Full Time now too?

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Horrible decision. The NFL is so stupid and reactionary.

What happens in the last 2 minutes? Every play goes to official review since everything is questionable? The games are gonna be a 4 hour circus

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Pass interference is a judgement call anyway, it’s not something that instant replay can prove.

So they will review endlessly only to stick with the call on the field anyway. “Inconclusive” they will say... no shit. It will just piss you off and slow the game down. Dumb as hell

abyzmul likes this.
  5. jetophile

The way I've been reading it, it won't take much extra time. Shoe Booty got a helmet to helmet and almost got decapitated last year. Flag picked up. Explanation was that the player didn't lead with his helmet when it was fckn obvious to a blind subterranean mole rat. It was the right call to pick up the flag because from an angle that they didn't show on TV the defensive player led with his shoulder and the helmet to helmet was incidental, but mostly it was the shoulder thing angle that none of us were blessed to see. OK. What a crock of shit.

I don't necessarily agree with the game being over-regulated, but there is absolutely no consistency about officiating except the Cheats getting endless freebies that no-one else would (cumulatively speaking). <== That also applies to Watermelon Head Manning. If it's a game changing situation, I don't disagree with the new rule that no-one undoubtedly will know how to enforce, and the stupid, mindless, unnecessary Rodgers Rule, let me just add that these idiots in stripes don't even know how to enforce it all. At least PI/non-calls will keep the refs on their toes and throwing games to an opponent will be under greater scrutiny. Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist or anything, but the refs suck so hard at what appears to me be on purpose at times.

6. jetophile

Oh, and I've said this before, it was the Saints game to lose, but there's no disputing that non-call was complete fckn horseshit. You're always playing against the 12th man on the field: the refs. Sometimes you get gifted, sometimes you get ruthlessly ripped off, but this garbage needs to go.