NFL Game Rewind Subscribers -- did you notice the game film feature?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by talisaynon, Nov 12, 2010.

1. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

I have an NFL Game Rewind subscription and I just noticed this feature now; it allows you to see "game film" at certain points. They don't feature it for every play, just the important ones(third down conversions, long completions, touchdowns, etc..). It's actually kind of cool.

I noticed the following things using it:

Baltimore vs Jets:

On a key third and five or six Baltimore stacked the box and rush eight, Sanchez could have had an easy completion on a slant to Keller, but got happy feet ran out of the pocket and forced an incompletion to Edwards. Frustrating play knowing Keller was wide open.

New England vs Jets:

On that drag route by Hernandez that went for about 30 or so yards, Lowery got picked by Harris in the middle and couldn't recover. That's the reason for the long completion.

Brady was forcing it to Moss all day. He had a ton of easy completions on little out routes, but he kept going for Moss on third downs for some reason and it cost him. This probably was the main reason NE lost this game, and the main reason why Moss got shipped out of NE.

Jets vs Broncos:

The Hail Mary to Holmes Braylon and Jerricho were running an out except for Keller who was doing a post. Braylon looks like he kind of half asses his route and Keller should have probably broke off his route and ran a comeback for the easy completion, but I guess it's clear that this play was going to Holmes no matter what. I don't understand why everyone was running so far past the sticks, but then again my understanding of football is pedestrian.

The last play where Kyle Orton fumbles the snap he was going to get owned no matter what. The best outcome for him on that play was an incomplete pass. Lowery was going to tear his ass apart.

2. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

Thank you for your analysis. I will be looking for this each week.

3. Stracks

Stracks New Member

How soon is the game available on Rewind after it ends?

4. talisaynon

gamerewind.nfl.com

it depends. Usually the game replay is up by 12 AM Monday morning. They don't allow access during NFL games (why I don't know).

I paid $50 for my subscription and it lasts the whole season. IT's been worth it for me, but I'm usually the type to re-watch games anyway, and I don't like to bother with TYT or DVRing and ripping the games..

5. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Price is down to 24.99 now

And it includes every game this and last season.

Not to mention I think theres a "free trial" or something atm

6. King Chadwick I

King Chadwick I New Member

How many plays per game would you say have the game film feature?

7. glightning

glightning Banned

Good info, thanks.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yup, but the free trial is just for the day you sign up for it, and you will get billed automatically for it, unless u cancel it within the first day.

9. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

pretty cool utility. Haven't heard of the game rewind. Always nice to get chance to see this plays from extra angles.

10. talisaynon

20 plays. hopefully they bump it up next year.

Jets vs Cleveland Brown Notes:

-On Cleveland's first drive there was a play that Bart was picked, Colt McCoy rolled out of the pocket and threw to Evan Moore for a completion. On that play Massoquoi was running a Go 1 on 1 with Edwards, Stuckey was in the slot covered by Revis and Leonhard was playing deep. Seemed Jim Leonhard was concerned about Cro getting beat because he didn't close in on Evan Moore leaking in, instead took a step back towards Cro's direction before letting Moore get the completion. I don't understand why he did that, considering McCoy was rolling out of the pocket and he would have had to set his feet to throw it to Massoquoi.

-On that catch by Braylon when he leveled Sheldon Brown both Jericho and Braylon were running hitch routes: Jericho going in and Braylon going out. Sanchez threw to Braylon, but would have been better off throwing to Cotchery who had a chance for a TD there if he shakes off a safety. Both the safety and corners were playing pretty far off. Should have been a TD.

-1st Q 2:10 3rd and 10 Jets: Pretty poor job of DBrick blocking Bowens on a late blitz. Cotchery was running the deep in, with better blocking that's probably a completion to Cotchery

-2nd Q 11:18 3rd and 8 Jets; Jericho just runs a post and is completely wide open. Looks like the Browns plan was to just not pay attention to Jerricho and completely taken out Holmes and Edwards. TD Cotchery

-2nd Q 7:39 2nd and 10 Cle: Cribbs completion. How you leave Calvin Pace to pick Cribbs and leave him open is beyond me.

-OT 10:20 3rd and 3 Cle: This was the Stuckey fumble. Someone blew their assignment because Stuckey was wide open to catch this one. Looks like it's miscommunication between Revis and Coleman. They're both covering the same guy. Looks like Coleman probably thought zone while Revis was man. I'm going to go ahead and blame Coleman on this one.

-OT 8:29 3rd and 9 Jets: The Cotchery play. It looks like if Sanchez looked downfield more he would have seen Braylon wide open. I tried timing it and I think with his arm he could have made that throw about 35 yards downfield. Would have been a TD and ended the game right there.

-OT 1:44 3rd and 14 Jets: Sanchez int. Brad Smith was open in the middle right between the safety and linebacker but Sanchez doesn't seem him I guess. Would have been 1st and 10 from the 25 yard line. Sanchez throws to Braylon instead, gets a pick, Cleveland starts from their 3.

Looks like from what I can take out of this Sanchez still needs to work on seeing the field more. There were a ton of players open that he just, for some reason or another, didn't see. Part of the learning process i guess.

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Wow...nice observation buddy. Thanks!

I think Calvin Pace was on Cribbs when he was lined up as an RB and later moved to the slot(?). Calvin had to follow him n u could see disaster coming.

12. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting. Great insight. If you remember, on the Cotchery play, where Braylon was open do you think Sanchez would've had the time to plant his feet for the throw? Just curious how it all looks in replays.

When I get home, I'll most likely sign up for nfl/rewind myself. The info. you've posted combined w/ the OP makes it look too good to turn down.

#12 ajax, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  13. talisaynon

[​IMG]

i think if he steps up he makes that throw on the run. he threw 40 or so yards to Keller during that bootleg play against NE from his own 10. I think he definitely makes this throw to Edwards.

Edit:

Here's a better pic. You can see Edwards raising his hand to Sanch.

[​IMG]

#13 talisaynon, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  14. talisaynon

Here's the play where Sheldon Brown gets injured.

[​IMG]

15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Great snapshots & thank you for posting.

Did some googling & came up w/ :
    When offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer came to the Jets in 2006, he implemented “scramble rules” for the receivers. Cotchery explained there are different “openings” they have to get to when the quarterback is out of the pocket, and those openings change depending on where he moves. The scramble rules applied on that third-down catch, though Cotchery’s injury did limit where he could move.

from this --> http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/11/sanchezs_improved_mobility_isn.html

Perhaps it was a situation where Braylon was open on the field but didn't put himself into one of the pre-determined openings Sanchez is checking out when scrambling? Guess it's also possible the bad leg & outside pocket just made Sanchez instincts kick in to get rid of the ball too quick to see whole field.