NFL.com picks the Packers to go to the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by soxxx, Sep 8, 2010.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/09...-picked-to-reach-super-bowl-xlv?module=HP_cp3

All 7 "experts" pick them to make the Super Bowl and 4 of them think they will win it.

To me this is absurd. Last year the Packers had the easiest schedule in the world. They beat the

Bears (2x)
    Rams
    Lions (2x)
    Browns
    49ers
    Seahawks
    Ravens
    Cowboys
    Cardinals (Week 17)

They went 3-4 against playoff teams, and week 17 cant even count because that game was BS, so 2-4. They also beat the Cowboys when the Cowboys were in their slump.

They milked off of the easiest schedule ever. Couldn't beat the Vikings. Went one and done in the playoffs, but now they are Super Bowl Champions favorites?

This season though, they get to play the AFC and NFC East, plus an improved Bears and Lions teams twice and of course the Vikings.

Do you see the Packers as Super Bowl Champions at the end of the season? I think now that they are playing some real teams during the season, reality is going to strike and they are going to go 8-8. I mean look who they have to face now:

Giants
    Redskins
    Cowboys
    Eagles
    Jets
    Patriots
    Dolphins
    Bills
    49ers
    Falcons
    Vikings
    Vikings
    Bears
    Bears
    Lions
    Lions

Thats just plain brutal.

2. ........

........ Trolls

I could absolutely see them winning the Super Bowl. Fuck their schedule. They should win their division with the loss of Sidney Rice in Minnesota. They have a disgusting passing offense and a guaranteed churner at RB. They're in their 2nd year in the 3-4, have cleaned up their roster, and really only have a concern with their corners until Al Harris proves he can come back from an ACL injury at his age. 8-8? Are you kidding me?

Tough schedule and they STILL go 10-6/11-5, which is good enough to win that division as Minnesota takes a step back.

3. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I'm picking the Jets and Packers. Battle of the two oldest teams to win a Super Bowl.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I guess teams just don't get better from year to year nowadays. yes, what a crazy thought that a team like the Packers, with one of the best offenses and QB's in the league, can go to the Super Bowl

5. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

I'm not down with this packers bandwagon.

they're overrated as fuck. they play in a shit division outside of minnesota.
    Their offensive line is still iffy, ryan grant is "ok". Their "best in the NFC" defense last year wasn't that great as was shown by the way they got shredded by the cards. The numbers during the regular season were skewed by the inept opposition they faced. Rodgers is one of the best QB's around, but as a whole unit i don't think they have what it takes.

they're not better than Dallas. They're not better than the Saints.

They're about on par with Atlanta. Another team which i i think is extremely overrated.

I'd pick most NFC east teams over the packers and falcons honestly. I'll go a step further and say that the AFC is starting to become lopsidedly better than the NFC. It wasn't like that when the NFC east was at it's best and you had a couple of other teams in other divisions in the mix (like a non rebuilding tampa bay, that "ok" falcon team, favre on the packers, the cardinals). Now they have a bunch of bottom feeders, rebuilding teams and as a result you have mediocre teams that people think are juggernauts (i.e. the 49ers,falcons). Teams like the texans and titans would win 12 games if they played in the NFC and in any of the NFC divisions outside the east. the disparity is that great.

I bet you the packers lose more than a handful of games against the AFC

#5 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Eh the Packers have one of the best quarterbacks in the game. He is in the top 5 of QBs right now.

Not that absurd..usually the odds/picks to win are determined by the quarterback.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I can see them making the SB, I wouldn't call them the favorites. Excellent O but their D doesn't scare anyone.

8. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

What's the complaint about being in a crappy division? Shouldn't that make them more likely to coast into the playoffs? It's not like the NFC South was that good last year...

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The NFC North should be a very good division this year.

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

They play in a tough / improving division. The Lions aren't pushovers any more. The Vikings will be right up there and the Bears look like they've improved. Plus, they out of division opponents come from the AFC East and NFC East. That's 7 tough games right there. And on top of that they play Atlanta and SF. Both of those teams will be fighting for their division or at least a wildcard. They won't be coasting into the playoffs this year, but I still think they have double digit wins this season. They look like the team to beat in the NFC.

11. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree with this more. Some posters have claimed they're overrated because they play in a shit division. To me that's just not true and even if it was wouldn't be a strike against them as a SB contender..

12. ........

........ Trolls

Their D should be improved over last season. They made the shift to the 3-4 and struggled with some of their old defensive playmakers. I think they're going to be strong up front this year. The key is seeing whether their secondary holds up, and whether Williams and Burnett/Bigby play well enough with a schedule full of strong passers.

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Picking the Packers is not unreasonable. I can see the TV execs frothing over the idea of a GB-Minn NFC championship game.

14. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Everyone is licking GB's balls this year.

15. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I give them as good a chance as any coming out of the NFC. I still think the Aints no more are the team to beat, but not by much.

16. IATA

IATA Trolls

And then a GB/NJ Sb would be dandy. Brett Favre could lead niether of these teams to the promised lands in his final seasons with them. Now his replacements are fighting for the title. zOMG ratings

17. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I think it's going to come down to Jets/Colts Packers/Saints.

It's then going to come down to who gets homefield. I think the Jets are going to have a tough time playing Peyton Manning in his temperature controlled paradise, but I am itching to see his finesse squad in the Meadowlands come winter time.

I also don't count out the Giants. Eli Manning improved dramatically, and if they can run the ball with some consistency and rush the passer again, they're as dangerous as anyone.

-X-

18. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Just imagine what that would be like for the Wisconsin Jets fans...which is only me of course :/ God that would be fucking chaos and a dream SB for me. If we lost my friends would never let it go and that would be unbearable.

As for the GB haters, you must not watch Rodgers ever because he imo could be considered the best qb in the game. He has only improved year after year and is more dangerous with his run game than other qbs and his passing is on the money every time.

The D has got Raji coming into his own now in his 2nd year, Mathews starting a full season, and Underwood & Blackman both look good. Even when Harris returns he will likely be nickel. Also Pat Lee and Justin Harrell are finally healthy. The former 2nd and 1st round picks have nice ceilings.

As for the line being shakey...they were fine once Barbre wasn't playing anymore and GB had Tauscher back. Also, Brian Bulagua has looked really good all TC and PS and likely will work his way into the starting lineup drastically improving the Packers line.

Do I really need to keep rambling on here? I don't think so. The nonbelievers will find out soon enough.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Don't get me wrong, I think the Packers are a good team, but how are they going to completely ignore the Saints.

I kno this might sound like the most dumbest statement ever, but ever since the Packers dropped 59 points on the Colts in that preseason, litteraly everyone has been all over the packers. I actually had the Packers going to the Super Bowl also. But most people didn't.

Then the Packers score 59 on the Colts and then suddenly its packers love explosion everywhere.\

and no offence, but the Vikings losing Rice isnt THAT BIG of a deal. Rice was nothing without Favre, Its not like they are losing an elite receiver, I think Rice can easily be replaced. Now all of a sudden the Vikings are dead. Whatever lets see how the season plays out

20. ........

........ Trolls

You had the Packers going to the Super Bowl after an 8-8 season?