New York Jets went to see Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Nov 17, 2019.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

The Jets are actually looking at Kaepernick and were one of only two teams to see Kaepernick. I guess the Jets are considering going full circus this season.

The NFL claims that it asked Kaepernick to sign a liability waiver that is standard form for all free agent players who try out for teams, but that Kaepernick’s representatives ‘sent a completely rewritten and insufficient waiver.’

Signing Kaepernick would be just as bad as when they signed Vick. Pass on the ignorant racist moron.

[​IMG]

2. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Racist? How so?

3. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

This ought to be good....

harts24, egelband, PabloJa and 2 others like this.
  4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Why would they go to see him? The Jets have a QB. Do they want more disfunction?

That being said I have a hard time believing only 2 teams were there...

5. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

*Grabs Coffee

So..this is what I'm gonna be doing on my sunday Morning....nice

PabloJa, K'OB and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Kap isn't a good fit here for football reasons. But a team like the Bears should sign him. And I find it hilarious how uptight some posters are about him given we once signed a dog killer to play QB (at least the OP acknowledges this one), our top WR talked about nutting in a cop's wife's eye, our injured number 2 WR is a domestic abuser, our injured top TE drove drunk, his replacement was arrested for vandalism, our RB coach has a rap sheet, and our DC is Gregg "Kill the head and the body will die" Williams.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Because we want to screw with whatever ounce of talent we ever get at quarterback as much as possible.

Tebow 2.0.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Don't forget the curious case of our runningback coach; Jim Bob COOTER.

I have my own non football reasons why I want him nowhere near this team that I'll keep to myself. But from a football perspective it'd be an even bigger disaster and I'd consider posting one of those fancy revoke my fandom threads everyone loves.

mrjet80, jilozzo and HomeoftheJets like this.
  9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

hahaha......looks like jim bob and hillary have the same bleach kit!!

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

how come these boys aren't kneeling down??

11. Jonathan_Vilma

For what it's worth, this workout means literally nothing too. I have no doubt that Vinny Testaverde could go out there and put on a show on air as well.

Also; 8 teams showed up. Kaepernick can still play in this league and based on talent by itself, he should be on a roster. But you can't ignore the extraneous factors around him.

It's not collusion against him. It's the media circus that would surround him that teams do not want. They watched us with Tebow or anywhere Tebow goes. And that was positive press.

The talent doesn't outweigh the baggage. He's three years out of football now. It's that simple.

12. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Hard pass. So he proved he can throw a football with nobody rushing and nobody covering. Even the workout itself became a circus. He's 32, 3 years removed from playing in the league with no doubt diminishing skills. I think this team should be trying to minimize distractions, rather than add at this point...

harts24 likes this.
  13. mrjet80

The NFL as a whole has taken a turn for the worst over the past ten years.....the personalities, attitudes, owners, PSLs, rule changes, even the playing fields - every single field looks the exact same.....I miss the old days....

MJK and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The Jets could use a good quality backup QB, and I'd like to see Kaepernick get a shot, but not here. If he can return to form, and Sam struggles - which any young QB will do now and then - it immediately triggers a QB controversy.

I wish him luck.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

When players got concussed and ran back out there anyway only to die painfully of brain damage later in life? Or in the days Randy Moss, TO, and Chad Ochocinco? Or back when LT was coked up? Or OJ Simpson?

fansince90 likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Or when we were all blind or ignorant of what really goes on in professional sports.;)

kevda5n9ne and HomeoftheJets like this.
  17. mrjet80

When I say old days I’m talking more about the quality of the game. Of course nobody here wants to see concussions or the after affects. The helmet changes have been one of the very few good things the NFL has changed. I don’t think the rule changes have had as much of an effect. That was on display the other night when you have players - a high profile player - swinging a helmet around at another player.

As far as drugs go they are still out there maybe not in the obvious forms as back in the 80s. You’re gonna tell me Tom Brady is clean? What other 43 year old do you know is still diving into the line of scrimmage on a 4th and 1 without a care in the world. He’s gonna play until he’s 47 now?Hmmmm...interesting.

18. mrjet80

The fix is in .....

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

20. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

We should sign Kap and that 37 year old female soccer player who hit a 50 yarder in shorts...we won't win any games but at least Twitter and ESPN will like us.