New York Jets Officially Have #2 Pick in NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by tooooon, Dec 27, 2020.

1. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

2. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

yep and I say we draft Wilson with it, and years from now we are all going to be laughing at how there was sooo much angst on this board over "Tanking for TL" because Wilson is going to turn out to be the SUPERIOR NFL QB!!!!

3. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I think we wait another year for the QB. We will suck next year regardless but we will have our online and maybe even an edge.

4. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I agree. Get the OL from Oregon. Build up both sides of lines first and then go get your QB.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Fuck New York Jets ownership officially. Fuck them so hard so they sell the team.

Two trust fund babies playing with our dreams like that.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If only that could be true.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

The DL is already built. No more work needs to be done there except maybe depth. The OL is in pretty good shape. They have gotten better and better. We need two OGs. They won't be taken with our two 1st round picks. There is absolutely no reason not to take a QB this year unless JD just doesn't believe that any of them outside of Lawrence will be any good in the NFL.

SOJAZ, LAJet, Snoopdogg and 4 others like this.
  8. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Take. Sewell. Don’t look back. We have ammo to move up in 2022 to get a top QB.

SOJAZ, wewantsapp and barfolomew like this.
  9. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Listen to all offers, hopefully, someone will offer a king's ransom.

jixxjr, barfolomew, Pepsiguy5 and 2 others like this.
  10. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Unless Wilson wows the scouts with pro day and camps that he s tough to pass up, I would trade the 2nd pick to get extra picks including exchanging 1st round pick and get another 2nd rd pick and hopefully another fourth pick.

Grab a WR, OL, QB, RB, Edge , CB not in that order with the first 6 picks within the first 3 rounds.

11. NCJetsfan

Based on what? Why would we wait to get the QB? Who will that QB be in 2022? Who's that edge going to be in 2021? It's really not a good year for getting an Edge. Rousseau is supposedly the best prospect, and he's not that good, and he sat out this whole season. Ossai of Texas is supposedly the 2nd best prospect, and he's not all that, either. The two best LBs in the draft are Micah Parsons and Zaven Collins and they are ILBs. Both could possibly move to Edge and thrive, but maybe not. At least if we took one of them and he didn't work out at Edge, he could be moved back to ILB and still play at a high level. IMO Edge should really wait until the 2022 draft. It is my understanding that there are some good, possibly very good or great Edge prospects next year.

The longer we wait to get a QB, the longer this team will take to develop into a playoff team and the harder it will be to get the QB we need. Unless there are no QB prospects outside of Lawrence that JD likes, we have to take a QB in 2021. In all likelihood, we won't be in position to take a QB in 2022. I've heard that there will be 2-3 good QB, possibly very good prospects next year, but they may be no better than Wilson, Lance, Fields, and Trask.

12. NCJetsfan

Who is the QB that the Jets are supposed to try to draft in 2022? Most likely the Jets won't be drafting in the top 5 in 2022, and may not even be drafting in the top 10 if we get the right HC, and Douglas has another good offseason in FA and the draft. The longer we wait to get a QB, the harder it will be to get the kind of QB we want and need, and the longer it will take before the Jets become a real playoff contender. You'd better hope that JD likes one of the QBs this year and drafts him.

JetsKickAss, Borat and dmw like this.
  13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The only problem is the draft never unfolds that way. At some point JD is going to take the best player over position. And that’s not always a bad thing since the Jets need help almost everywhere. I think JD is going to focus on OL, CB, EDGE and WR early - not necessarily in that order or all 4 but probably 3 of those 4 positions within the first three rounds.

And this is if JD doesn’t go QB with #2.....

Red Menace and dmw like this.
  14. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

We can’t develop shit on out team without a dominant line and a decent head coach.

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

That implies there will be talented qb. Thats not guaranteed. I dont think there will be qbs as good as lawrence and wilson for the next few years

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Borat and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Because every team that succeeds has a dominant oline?

This is such faulty logic. Get a qb and continue to build. I dont know why everyone thinks this team is so devoid of talent, they aren't. They can easily rebound next season. Problem is qb play, Sam has been awful and still in 2 wins, continues to be awful. The best throw all fucking day came from a wide receiver......let that sink in.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Lon Chaney and barfolomew like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

Well hopefully, we will have a decent HC for next season. If not, then I won't give a rat's ass what the Jets do. I'll be done.

Did you not see the game today? Our DL was all over Mayfield and held Chubb to under 2 ypc. That's pretty dominant. Once we have Q back and add a topnotch edge and solid #1 CB, our D can be really good. Our OL is already pretty good. They're opening holes for our RBs and Sam is having time to make his reads most of the time. Upgrade the two OL spots, and we should be even better.

SOJAZ, jetstopgun, Borat and 4 others like this.
  18. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Agreed. When you have a shot at drafting a top QB and need one, do it and don't worry if you would get him by trading down.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If the franchise believes that Wilson/Fields/Trask/Lance will be an NFL franchise quarterback then they should take them.

If they don't then you try to move back if you can and take the remainder of Smith/Sewell/Chase and live to fight another day at QB.