New Publications

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Uniform Bomber, Mar 27, 2013.

1. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

***Last time I did this, several people were entertained, while a few others flamed me. But sometimes, you just gotta say "fuck it" because you can't please everyone. So, here's another edition of some published work.***

I got some new stuff - from my most recent collection - published in a pretty esteemed literary magazine called Kugelmass, which emphasizes literary humor (here's a link to the issue's page:
    http://firewheel-editions.org/kugelmass/order/issue/kugelmass-number-3).
    You can't read the issue online, as the anthology is only available to order in print; so, I'm gonna display my stuff that appears in the issue, later on in this thread.

I should probably provide a brief preface about this collection first...

I embarked upon a project in which I write postcards (strictly 100 words or less) to myself, everyday, for an unspecified length of time. The postcards are obscene and happy and sad and disturbing and keen and meditative. These that appear in Kugelmass aren't as vulgar as some of the others from the collection; but I figured I'd offer up this soft disclaimer to anyone who might be easily offended.

The narrator of the postcards is someone who has taken a vow of celibacy (well, almost, but not completely -- masturbation is still performed); Consequently, the narrator gradually descends into madness, which leads to some distinct, interesting motifs throughout the collection.

So, the collection of postcards is called, Greetings, From My Dark Place!, and the following 6 are the ones in Kugelmass.

***For the record, in the physical issue itself, the postcards appear on the page more like a block of prose (the way a postcard does), rather than the standard margin-to-margin that will appear in this post***

Like it or despise it; that's up to you individually. Just thought I'd share these here.

And that's all I have to say about that right now.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I like it. I think theres some talent there pal

3. The Uniform Bomber

Thanks, man.

One of the things I like about this collection is that it has potential mass appeal (which is alien to the Poetry genre) because these prose-poems (i.e. postcards) that compose the collection are short, and therefore, there's little risk of losing peoples' attention-spans -- something that plagues the Poetry genre nowadays. So, it's got that element facilitating it, as well as peoples' affinity (generally speaking) for graphic sex.

4. The Uniform Bomber

Here are 4 more: