New Meadowlands Stadium Parking Thread

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Big Poppa Naich, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

All I can say is that this parking situation sucks hardcore. We have been sitting in this traffic for 30 minutes trying to get into the orange lot. This is horrendus. Anybody else having trouble with this parking?

2. sect105

sect105 New Member

Sell the orange passes on ebay and get the yellow ones.

3. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

paying for parking is like prostitution. why pay for something when if i easily apply myself i can get it for free

4. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Yellow passes worked fantastic. I had my best parking spot for any Jets game I've ever attended (I've been going for 15 years) and I got there at 6:45

5. joejets1

joejets1 Member

What color passes are for Non PSL holders?

6. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I had a yellow pass, but I was parked by 3:10 :)

Getting OUT is a bit rough, a ton of traffic from the west side gets slowly funneled down into one lane going out towards the turnpike.

7. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Parking was terrible today I was dumb and forgot to buy a parking pass and had to take the shuttle by Redds it was absolutely ridiculous. I was thinking about taking my girl to the Giants Steelers game since shes a Steelers fan but after all that non sense with driving so far for parking i really gotta get my hands on a parking pass.

What do you guys recommend?
    Orange, Yellow, or Green?

8. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

New Stadium is a Traffic Disaster

I went to the game tonight just to see what the new stadium was like and to a "dry run" before the regular season. Getting into the stadium was an absolute disaster. I have been going to the Meadowlands since the Jets started playing there in 1984 and tonight was by far the worst driving, traffic, and parking situation I have ever experienced.

I now live in Morris County. It takes me 35 minutes to get to the stadium and on game days another 10 minutes to get to a parking spot. I come in on 3 East and used to park in Section 18, which was South of the stadium along Route 3 next to the bubble.

Tonight I left my house at 5:30 and did not park until 7:30 pm - two hours!!!! It took me twice as long as it has ever taken door to parking spot, and this was a preseason game. And I have a green parking pass. The entrance to the stadium from 3 East was horrible. In the past, 3 East would empty onto a two lane access road to the parking lot and you would enter the stadium parking lot in the Southwest corner. Tonight I got to the Route 17 exit by 6 pm and the traffic was so bad it took my 90 minutes to travel the last 2 miles from there into the parking spot.

Now, instead of giving those from 3 East our own two lane entrance into the stadiums lots, they have us squeeze to one lane as we enter the access road. To to it off, they now have added an entrance to the same gate on 3 West, so that when you round the bend on the access and cross under Route 3, two more lanes of cars are entering the access road on the way to the parking lot gate. So, what used to be 2 lanes for only 3 East became one lane for 3 East AND West. The result was a one hour crawl into the stadium.

But it did not end there. The parking lot is designed like complete shit. The old stadium used to funnell traffic in one direction from the South and West - counterclockwise around the stadium. Now there are intersections within the parking lot with cars coming from three directions and pedestrians crossing all over the place.

It is so poorly designed I can't even begin to explain how pissed off I am. And then on the way out, the closed off the access to Route 3 West and funnelled everybody onto the Turnpike. I had to change directions and drive through the cones before the toll booth to get on 3 West to go home.

This new stadium sucks like nothing I have seen. While I am hoping that it was first game confusion on the part of the staff and the drivers, I don't think it was.

The stadium was also a disappointment. I am in the upper deck, section 340 row 19. I am so far from the field I can't even read the numbers. The players are like ants.

Even the escalator design to the upper deck sucks. While we used to take one escalator the uppers in the old stadium, the new stadium is designed like Shea, where you take an escalator up one level, then you have to double back to the same spot to pick up the escalator to go up to the next level - and the walkway from one escalator to the next is narrow. With all this space, you think they would have made these walkways wide. Three escalators down narrow hallways to the upper deck!! In all, the experience left me pissed, angry, traumatized, and pining for the old stadium. Thanks Jets for a great game day experience.

And, by the way, the PA system didn't work for over a quarter, the cash registers in the concourse broke in the second quarter, and I don't know why they installed these 4 huge tvs when they still don't show enough replays.

I am actually beginning to wonder if the whole design of the stadium is to discourage cars and force you to take the train and the spend a fortune on one of the pre=packaged tailgate parties or the stadium food. To tailgate in the new stadium, we are all going to have to arrive about 4-5 before kickoff just to park in a reasonable amount of time.

#8 Joe Willie White Shoes, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

No sympathy for anyone traveling within NJ.

10. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

people sitting upstairs got fucked, we knew that going back months.

11. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

I have Yellow and it sucked. There was a lot of traffic, took forever to get in, and I got lot K which was so far from the gates. I think I'll take LIRR/NJ Transit from now on.

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I have a green pass, though. The color pass makes no difference when you are in a ridiculous bottleneck just trying to get into the stadium.

13. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

They're still doing work though right? Paving over the old building?

14. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

A couple remnants, but for the most part, it's done.

15. jesse33

jesse33 Member

this stadium was a HUGE disappointment. The food was the same much wider concourse but not much more food. Ugly from outside and very similar to old stadium inside. The biggest improvement was the big screens. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED. THe stadium had no green look to it from the outside at all

16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I don't even want to get into what happened to me parking but I can tell you 17a & JetsBabe can vouch that I got jerked....

anyway, it is absolutely ridiculous how No one there (parking) knows anything...It's a fukin sham is what it is.

Everything is a damn choke point!
    The flow of traffic is interrupted and whoever is making these decisions needs to go.
    It's like chaos is created unecessarily!
    Even inside the stadium, they close certain areas and you have to go all the way around just to get through!

The only part that looks absolutely beautiful is the field, the lights and scoreboards are gorgeous...everything else is bland and generic.

17. jesse33

jesse33 Member

agree field looks good and the scoreboards look great. rest of place has no character. waste of money, could have upgraded the scoreboards in old stadium and would be hard to tell the difference

18. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm sorry you had so much trouble last night, JWWS. I sold my tickets and did not go to the game, but I went to the Eagles concert and experienced none of what you experienced. That being said, it wasn't a football game and this was.

I'm extremely disgusted with this report. It's my worst nightmare. All the months of planning... you would think this had been all thought through. I can live with all the other disappointments... the pricing, the Orange Parking bullshit, the total Upper Deck fuckover, the escalators, etc. But now restricted traffic flow? WTF is going on here? Who is responsible for this? This is just unacceptable.

Thank God I'm Upper Deck because I can pull the fucking plug any time I want. And I just may if this is the way it's going to be. It they don't fix this by January I am One and Done.

19. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i got there at 445pm. had slight trouble but i had everything mappe dout already.when i got off of the turnpike at exit 16w i did not enter the stadium flow but instead hopped on route 3 east to avoid what the jets had designed for us orange pass people.once i route 3 east i got off at route 120 north and took the back road behind the izod and parking garage.i was the only car on it.

i had to pay at lot 28 just to get into lot 27????? dumbest thing ever.you had 2 collectors for 2 parking lots???? so enter lot 28 drive around then leave lot 28 drive across a closed road then back into lot 27???? wtf??

oh well got the tailgate spot i wanted with no problem.royal jets babe and pats hater met me and we had a blast.

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

when i left i pulled right out onto the over pass around the bend down route 120 south and right on the turnpike
    no problems at all