Never forget....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Everytime something goes castastrophicaly wrong for the Jets...The patriots are always involved and always twist the knife.

1. The nasty Klecko injury

2. Vinny in 98

3. Penny in week 1 last year

I'm sick of the gut wrenching defeats to this team. I'm sick of their obnoxious fan base gloating every chance they get at our expense. Today we have a chance to change that.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

GET EXCITED KURT!!! :beer:

COME ON MAN! THE JETS CAN DO THIS.

OUR TIME IS NOW.

3. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

Vinny wasn't hit when he got hurt. The hit on Klecko that has to be the cheapest shot ever. And I remember last year when Clemens got slammed to the ground by the big patsie end and was out for the rest of the season and two patsie punk fans erupted in cheers.

4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Come on, Kurt, you really need to let go of this Boston obsession. Here are just a few of the many disastrous things that have happened to the Jets having nothing to do with the Patriots, right off the top of my head:

1. The 1969 playoff loss to KC.
    2. The Dennis Byrd injury.
    3. Namath's many injuries from 1970-1973.
    4. The Mud Bowl.
    5. The Doug Brien playoff game.
    6. The second-half collapse against Denver in the 1998 AFC championship game.
    7. Pennington's many injuries - I don't think any occurred against the Pats.

etc., etc.

5. My post was not intended to support any "Boston obsession" although I'll say that it's alot easier to deal w/ the citiy's success where you are compared to myself.

Also, Pennington's injury last season came week 1 against the Pats...which by the way...I mentioned in my original post.

Thanks for the cheap shot by the way. If you don't like my posts..dont read em.

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Wow, just a bit of an overreaction, don't you think? You have made dozens, maybe hundreds, of posts about how awful your life is whenever any Boston team does anything good, you start a thread making yet another post of that type (you said "Everytime something goes castastrophicaly wrong for the Jets...The patriots are always involved and always twist the knife," a ridiculous statement on its face), and then call it a cheap shot when I point out that it's not true? I'm sorry if you took it that way, but I can't see much reason why you would - you're the one who constantly brings up your hatred of Boston/New England in your posts, starting of course with your location.

And I was referring to the Pennington injuries that actually mattered, in 2003, 2004, and 2005 - last year's team was a disaster with or without Pennington.

#6 statjeff22, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  7. msw6880

msw6880 New Member

I was thinking yesterday, when I became really confident about ten minutes before kick off.

No amount of Brett Favre can wash the Jets-stink off your team. You will always be the J-E-T-S no matter who you bring in.

8. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

You're trolling. It's not the greatest day for trolling, particular in the main forum. I think the precedent should be set early in the day. See you in a few weeks.

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I thought Klecko's knee was an ongoing problem that eventually popped in New England. In the opener the week before at Shea vs Miami he was hobbling badly on it.