Netflix - Luke Cage Season 2

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Section 336, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I was going to revive one of the older threads about Netflix and Marvel but as they were 3 years old, I figured might as well just start a new one.

I have not seen anyone mention it on here but there are 2 ties to the Jets. Todd Bowles does a bit in one episode as Luke does a workout at the Harlem Jets.
    Also former Jets RB Thomas Jones has a significant role in the series as Comanche.

I am not through with it yet. I like season 1 better but it is definitely worth watching.

2. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

So my wife and I have seen the two DD seasons. Season 1 good, season 2, blah. We only watched one episode of Jessica Jones and it was blah, although we've heard the rest is good. Luke Cage is the only one that I really want to watch based off of the previews though. So what I'm saying is......I'm not sure, but Luke Cage looks cool.

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I thought Jessica Jones was pretty good. Iron Fist not so much and Daredevil couldn't get into. The Defenders was good and Luke Cage I like although the beginning of this season is starting really slow, bringing in too many different back stories.

4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I can’t wait for The Punisher to come back.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'm similar. I watched Season 1 of Daredevil and thought it was good. Started to watch Season 2 but got bored and stopped. Never went back. Started to watch Jessica Jones but got bored and never went back. Haven't seen any of the other shows. Not enough time in the day! :D

6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

You just have to watch all these shows in the right order or it gets confusing. You have Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Punisher and they are all connected in story.

The thing I like most about Luke Cage is the music and the celebrity appearances. They have done really well with that and turned me on to some new music artists. Todd Bowles was pretty awesome and you have to love how in the show Cage is very humble when he meets legendary artists or other celebs. The plot is decent and I like the evolution of his character as well.

I've enjoyed most of this side of Marvel, and I as well can't wait for Punisher.

7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I agree that many of the series start a little slow and can drag at times- they probably could have been 9 or 10 show seasons instead of 13.

But I would say that all of them are worth watching (if you have the time) except Iron Fist which was pretty bad. However, the Iron Fist character was much better in Luke Cage season 2, than the first season and Defenders which gives me hope that they can correct some flaws with his portrayal.

I would say that The Punisher, Luke Cage season 1 and Daredevil season 2 have been my favorites.
    The music element of Luke Cage shows is awesome and gives it a different feel than the others.