NCAA Football playoff to begin with 2014 season

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Murrell2878, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

2. sg3

sg3 Banned

Hallelujah...WELCOME to the 20th Century.....leaves only MLB still stuck in the 19th

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

3. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Hahaha and some of you thought CFB would be banned

4. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I think nothing would be more awesome than a March Maddness type playoff for football

The thought of some no name little shit team coming out of nowhere for a shot at the title would be pretty awesome

Of course it happen due to the nature of football, but none the less, ill keep dreamin

5. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

It is nothing more than a pageant. The 8 team conference championship winner playoff, aka, what SHOULD be done, will never happen b/c Notre Dame refuses to join a conference.

Some very telling stuff from ESPN today. It's a joke and provides little in terms of actual progress. Lipstick on a pig and all that.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't understand what you mean by that.

7. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

It isn't a great solution, but I'll take it at this point. Now the controversy is probably going to surround who gets to be No. 4, but atleast some non big conference school has a better shot.

8. TennMike

TennMike New Member

Better than whats there now. I hope it gets to 8 teams eventually and stops... forever.

I also wish NCAA basketball would go back to 64... forever.

Itd be perfection.

9. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I think it's hard to go to an 8 game playoffs since that would mean 3 extra games for whoever is playing in the finals bringing it to around 15 games for most teams. With academics, and tests involved, I think it's hard to do for kids. The other solution is cutting back on the regular season, but that'll never win because you'll have 99% of the schools that are not going to the championship game veto it because they much rather get that guaranteed revenue from the one game they would lose in the scenario.

10. TennMike

TennMike New Member

Yeah, 15 games is a lot, but only two teams would play that many. And if those schools get the extra $$$$, something tells me they won't care too much about that academic athlete