NCAA Football 2011 Demo Released (for XBOX 360)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mr Electric, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The NCAA demo was released this morning, but only 360 owners can play it right now.

As a PS3 owner, I was a little pissed this afternoon, but then I realized that I don't have to pay to play online.

Supposedly the demo will be released for the PS3 after 5PM EST when Sony updates their store.

Anyone play this on 360 yet? If so, has anything changed?

If this game underachieves again, I'm done with next gen college football games for a while. I'll stick with NCAA 2006 for the rest of my life if I have to.

2. 624

624 Banned

4 dollars a month to play online...meh

I might check it out later

3. Jam.

Jam. Banned

I hear everyone is blown away by the demo...I haven't played it myself, but I hear great things about it. Best NCAA yet...and it's only a demo.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I don't know how any NCAA will ever be better than 2006.

I've heard that the presentation is great in this new game, but I still worried about the game play.

The speed of the game and player movement has to be close to perfect for it to be the best college football game ever. I also hope they brought back user catch.

5. Jam.

Jam. Banned

You can read about it here: http://www.operationsports.com/foru...available-now-post-your-impressions-here.html

People are saying the game speed is between Madden 10 and NCAA 10...which sounds perfect, imo.

Player movement was benefitted greatly by this new system they put in called "locomotion", it's supposed to make player movements more realistic. And everyone is also praising the offensive line blocking schemes. What i've been reading has been very very impressive.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

If it's similar to Madden 10, I'll probably buy it. I hated NCAA 10 - I thought it was complete garbage. It had a lot of nice new features, but the gameplay was terrible even with adjusted sliders.

7. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

I'm about to download it. I have to run out so I won't play until later but I'll have some thoughts.

8. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

So the NCAA demo came out before the backbreaker demo on PS3...lol

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Backbreaker looks fucking terrible. If I wanted to play an unrealistic football game, I'd set up my Nintendo 64 and play NFL Blitz.

10. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

It's gonna be a very good game. The locomotion is much improved but it still isn't right. I would guess they made the decision to cut a bit of realism to appease all the "I need total control" people. It is still too easy to change direction as compared to what it actually is in real life but it isn't something that is gonna ruin my enjoyment of the game.

The A.I. seems much improved as I saw teams running the no huddle when appropriate and mixing the run and pass well. The A.I. Qb's were taking shots down the field and also picking apart my D if I just sat back and played zone. I have only played a few demo games so there will be plenty of time to notice some of the A.I. deficiencies but my initial impression was very good.

Running seemed a bit overpowered but I may have just had a few good games with it. Blocking for all running plays is leaps and bounds above what it used to be. I haven't seen any lineman do anything dumb like run away from a man right in front of them to block a guy that is already out of the play.

I'm gonna give it more of a go in a bit so I will have a better idea of how accurate my initial impressions are later tonight.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I feel the same way about locomotion. The players still look like they're skating instead of running, but I feel like I have complete control over my players now. It should make playing against friends a lot more fun.

I only had a chance to play one half - Ohio State vs. Miami. Terrelle Pryor is going to be close to impossible to stop online (91 speed and 97 acceleration)

The passing seems a lot better and you're right about the running being too powerful.

Hopefully I'll be able to balance things out with sliders.

I'll probably end up buying this game just because I love college football too much not to have it.

12. ukilledkenny

Best improvement so far to me is the fact that if you pass to guy that has a defender in his back pocket he is not gonna hold on to the ball 90% of the time. I hate playing against people that force passes into coverage but get bailed out by the glue hands that everyone had last year.

I don't know if this is just a demo thing but every defensive play book seems to be the same. That will be disappointing if they differentiated the offenses so much but give everybody the same defensive playbook.

13. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

14. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

They rarely update the defensive playbook and I hate that.

I just hope they have create-a-playbook in this year's game.

16. ukilledkenny

Such an annoyance for those of us who actually understand how to play and call defense. I understand why they tend to keep it simple because I have a few friends who have never played football or took the time to really understand how defense works and even the simple playbooks they have now confuse the shit out of them. One guy I know basically only calls cover 2 and 3 because all the other plays make him feel like he is gonna get burned, mostly because he has no idea of how to move players around to make blitzes effective.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

some people only play video games to enjoy them, not be geniuses at football strategy on a professional level.

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I guess you're one of those guys that uses the same play over and over and over again.

I enjoy using a solid strategy and confusing my opponent, especially in college football games. You can run so many different offensive schemes.

19. ukilledkenny

Yeah i guess you could stretch my statement to this point but your really reaching here. It is possible to add more depth to the game by giving us more true to life defensive playbooks with the option to use the dumb downed play calling. I'm not really asking for anything very outrageous, just a defensive playbook that mimics the plays and formations teams actually use. They did it for offense this year and people are still managing to figure it out.

20. IATA

IATA Trolls

Just got a PS3 today, gonna give this demo a try in between games on MLB 10: The Show :D:D:D:D:D