NCAA Football 11

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mr Electric, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

It's finally here again. I'll be picking my copy up tonight at midnight from Gamestop.

[​IMG]

I've been hooked on the demo for the past week or so - it finally feels like a realistic game.

The improvements that EA has made to the game are pretty ridiculous. It's a little surprising to see EA make so many great improvements on a game. I've been really disappointed with the next gen college football games - this game looks like it will change that.

I think NCAA has finally caught up to Madden, but Madden 11 will more than likely be the more superior game.

I already have my Teambuilder team set up, but I won't start an offline dynasty until the named rosters are released some time this weekend.

If a lot of TGG posters get the game for PS3, we may be able to start an online dynasty?

2. Jam.

Jam. Banned

I'll be grabbing it sometime next week after my vacation...We gotta get some games in, Mr. E

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Definitely, man.

4. Tight

Tight Active Member

Hey mr e. I'm getting the game tomorrow. What are some decent teams with playmakers on both sides of the ball? I don't wanna pick great teams to win but I don't know college football at all.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

So you want like a middle of the pack team? It really depends on what kind of offense you want to run though: option, spread, pro-style, or pistol? I'm probably going to run a variation of the spread most of the time.

Teams like Kentucky, Nevada, and Michigan have a lot of speed on offense, but their defenses aren't very solid. I hate Nevada, but they're going to be dirty in this game - so I might use them online quite a bit.

Arkansas, Rutgers, Auburn, Clemson, and South Carolina should all be pretty solid on both sides of the ball.

Texas A&M would probably be your best bet though - they have an elite, mobile quarterback in Jerrod Johnson, a solid receiving corps, and a fast young tailback. Plus, Von Miller on defense (nasty, fast pass rusher), so he could help out a pretty bad secondary.

I know that I'm starting out with a 1-star prestige team that I created on TeamBuilder - I have the most fun building up horrible teams and turning them into "dynasties".

If you don't want to use a top tier ranked team, I'd suggest Pittsburgh - dominant wideout and running back with a damn good defense. If things go the way I think they will, Pitt will be one of the best teams in the country.

If you're going to play online, I'd always use a Top 25 team unless your opponent isn't.

#5 Mr Electric, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I'll have it tonight, as well. If I'm not hammered and still able to drive...

7. jgangstahippie7:18

I already have it. I pre-ordered it from Dell and I got it around noon. (No Hornet)
    I'm sticking with Road to Glory until named rosters become availble online.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's awesome man.

You like playing RTG? I've always hated it and I heard it was exactly the same as last year's.

Tonight I'll probably just explore playbooks and rosters, trying to get select a few teams to consistently use while playing online.

Until the named rosters come out, I'm just going to work out the problems with my Teambuilder roster - maybe even play a quick sim dynasty to see what the new recruiting is like.

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Luvtothe9's is currently working on a very updated and legit roster. Don't have an ETA yet, but let me see if I can find out when it is set to be put out...

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I heard the guys over at Operation Sports got the game yesterday and their roster will be out this Friday.

I'm going to use their roster as a template and make my own. Fresno State and a lot of the other mid-major schools got screwed this year. If those guys to make some adjustments, I will.

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I play over at TraditionFootball (so does Jam) and a few of these guys have had the game for a couple weeks. They might have a head start...

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Ok, just talked to him. He only got the game a little over a week ago, said it should be out in a couple of days.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Thanks for the heads up Scik - I'm going to check it out.

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

If I have a roster before everyone else, I'll be sure to post it in here. I know you guys are waiting for it...

15. jgangstahippie7:18

Not really a big RTG fan. It just gives me something to do. The computer AI for RTG sucks. I got sacked and I was never touched plus the high school WR can't catch the ball at all.

16. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I like how of all the pictures EA could have used for the cover, the Tebow in the background on the left is backwards. Really, EA? There was NO other image of Tebow fist-pumping available?

17. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I usually get the named rosters off pastapadre.com but if anyone knows a better site let me know.

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I just picked it up and the backwards helmet isn't on the actual box.

19. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Man I wish they would've put create you own playbook on it.

But I'll settle for formation subs:beer:

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's my biggest complaint. This game is pretty damn good so far.