NCAA Basketball 01/12

Discussion in 'Crystal Ball' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 12, 2009.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

ND @Louisville -7
    Texas @Oklahoma -3

I know nothing about basketball and am thinking about taking ND or Texas. Can someone who has a clue about college BB give me any info.

I got raped this weekend and need to recover. Don't give me any speeches, I'm a gambler and this is how I roll.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I'll go with L'ville and Oklahoma, but I haven't gotten into college basketball yet this season.

Is there a vBookie thread for those games? If not, there should be. I would love to have the ability to create the vBookie threads.

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

ATS?

I'm taking ND and Texas to cover.

ND is getting 6.5 and Texas 4.5 at the moment.

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Notre Dame tied them

but in OT Louisville won 16-2

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Didn't see any responses before I took ND and got fucked in OT. I'm screwed.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Of course I got them both right for I did not bet any vCash on them.

8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

it's ok, you didn't deserve to get the Louisville one right. :p

It's completely ridiculous that when two teams tie and you took the points, you can end up with a loss.

It's also ridiculous when you take an under, the game finishes under in regulation, but it goes to OT. Should be scored according to regulation. Otherwise, you don't know what you're betting on. Are you betting on 40 minutes of basketball? 45? 50? 55?

9. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

This game put me on some serious tilt. I was on Notre Dame also, not for alot, but still annoying to lose like this

10. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Yeah man, NBA and NCAAB are some of the most annoying games to cap. I especially love the Italian guy Bargnani who's probably working for the mob because he more than anyone else seems to hit the most amount of meaningless garbage time 3s just to screw you on the cover.

Also equally annoying when you take a small dog +3 or +4 in that range, game is close all the way to the end. Your dog team is covering but is behind and begins bricking 3s and fouling the other team to try and get back. ALMOST ALWAYS lose the cover there.

Not sure if you were on the OKC-Nets total last night, but I was on the Under and they scored 26 points in OT to push the total to a damn tie :shit:

11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

well, basketball underdogs are always risky because if a team is behind at the end, they start fouling and shooting 3s, and that more often results in them losing by more.

It's a low percentage move, but they're trying to pull off a miracle win, not preserve your cover.

12. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Well yeah man, but that's why it makes hoops so frustrating. Esp pro hoops. 5 and 9 inning Baseball and the NFL you more or less know where you are in most games. Hoops is a rollercoaster all the way through