NCAA 09 online dynasty

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by SameOldJets2008, Jul 11, 2008.

1. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

So apparently in the new ncaa there will be online dynasties which imo will make this one of the greatest games ever.

Want to start a TGG one?

PS3 plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

if i get the game I will do it but I dunno fi I will get the game....they shouldnt have removed all the schoolslike william and mary and hofstra...

3. Jets102812

Jets102812 Member

hell yea lets get this started

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I didn't care for those teams because the game put in generic stadiums for them.
    Besides, there are plenty teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision to keep one occupied.

5. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

I have the game in my hand, but cant even play it. Damn work!

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

how did you get it early, i thought it came out tomorrow?

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I think vin works at a video store or something. I'm picking the game up tonight at the midnight release. I'll let everyone know how it is around 1 AM.

8. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

This is a big year for me, the first time in 9 years I won't be getting NCAA FB. I just couldn't get into it at all last year with the 360, the dynasty mode is just way too much. I'll run through some NCAA 04 seasons if I get the itch, but that's about it.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I didn't get it last year for the first time since the 1990s. I will buy it today.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

I usually don't buy the NCAA game, but I did this year because my Madden '08 is all scratched up and I needed a football game to play.

I got the game yesterday and played 5 or 6 games of dynasty mode. Don't bother with the default level (I think it's Varsity) - it's way too easy. After one game I bumped it to All American, and it's still pretty easy - I may jack it up to Heisman tonight.

The game play is pretty smooth, and it's a real easy transition for a madden player to pickup. A few new options (at least to a Madden player) that I thought were cool:
    1) When you're the visiting team and the opposing crowd is making noise, if you try and show your routes (pre-snap) at the line of scrimmage they show up faded and "squigily" so they're very difficult to see. This gives more of a feel for playing on the road.

2) You now have the option to show fake plays presnap, so if you're playing at home with a friend you can still look at your play or routes without your opponent knowing which one is the actual play.

3) The cpu will actually do fake fg's and fake punts.

The same pet peeves I have with madden every year do exist in this game.

1) Why are the jump button and catch buttons the same? Whenever I want the guy to jump, he just puts his hands up, and when I want him to catch, a lot of the time he'll jump. Can't we get a different freakin button? I get so pissed when I put my safety in position to pick the ball off and he doesn't jump when I hit the jump button - it's equally aggravating with a receiver.

2) Once and a while the joystick seems to go reverse if you've bumped into a blocker and you start running the opposite way you're pointing the controller. Why?

The highlights at the end of the game are cool, but I still wish they would do a "plays of the week" like ESPN does in real life. How hard would that be to do when they already rate how good a play is?

Overall I really like the game. I wish the 2nd to highest level was more difficult though. I fear that the Heisman level will be ridiculously difficult at first, to the point that I don't want to play that level and I'll be stuck playing at a level that's too easy.

#10 WhiteShoeWillis, Jul 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Heisman is ridiculous. The CPU will find bullshit ways to score if their down. I get NCAA every year...and I always play on All-American with the sliders adjusted. I think that's the way to go.

I know there's a sliders bug, but a patch is coming out in a few days.

12. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

My friend got it for ps2. He wont commit to the next generation I dont know why. It seems the same as last year besides new graphics for tackles and sacks.

I am planning on getting it for the 360 whats the main differences over last year. I liked last years though the madden I found horrible couldnt modify players positions and alot of the minor little things I had gotten used to in the old ps2 versions.

13. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Rosters with names are out. For the 360, they're real easy to load up.

14. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Be careful, there's a bug with a lot of them. They'll freeze your game up, they said they're coming out with a patch in a few days.

I got the game for PS3 and i like it. I've gotten it most years and it's good and will probably be better than Madden once again.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Use this gamer tag for 360 for rosters -- it's bug free: EARosters com

16. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Thanks for the heads up, but it seems to be fine.

17. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Football Bowl Divison, what's that?

18. WhiteShoeWillis

OK - I started a new dynasty in Heisman mode last night, played the first 2 games and still easily pissed on the computer. I guess using Florida is a bad idea.

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

anyone start an online dynasty or what??

20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Division 1-A is now known as Football Bowl Subdivision. Division 1-AA is now known as Football Championship Subdivision.

2008 will be the second year under the new names.