Myers: Woody discussing his plan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ArmandJ, Dec 11, 2014.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Can't post links (is there a way to fix this?) but Woodt was discussing his plan for the end if the year

Judging from this article, woody at least isn't tone deaf. Also still seems to respect Rex even after this season

#1 ArmandJ, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Was it as good as an "Idzik Plan"?Being that you explained nothing or posted anything of intrest to anyone with a beating heart.This also may be the worst spelled thread in history

Jets69 likes this.
  3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Here's the article

Jets owner Woody Johnson says he hasn’t made up his mind about the future of General Manager John Idzik and head coach Rex Ryan.

But he also doesn’t sound like a man inclined to patience, either.

“I’m in the business — I got to win games,” Johnson told Gary Myers of the New York Daily News. “I’m a fan, I represent the fans. We’re both frustrated by this. Ultimately, I am going to have to look for something that I believe is going to right the ship, whether it’s the current way, the way we are doing it now with the people we have now or going down a different pathway. I’m looking at everything. I’m analyzing what’s happened and why it’s happened.”

Johnson has always loved Ryan, but the coach is 2-11 this year and hasn’t made the playoffs since 2010.

“It’s not a question of fondness,” Johnson said. “I’ve always thought he’s a very good coach. He’s an excellent coach, excellent teacher. The fans are going to want to see something different. They’re not going to let us get along and I don’t want to do exactly the same thing. So it’s going to be either the way we coach or the way we approach it. It could be with the same people. It might be with different people. That’s the case each and every year.”

Asked if two years was long enough to give a G.M. to put a program into place, Johnson replied: “I can’t really comment whether it is short or long. I’m a fan, I represent the fans, we’re both frustrated by this. . . .

“This is a results-oriented business. You try to put a package together to help you right the ship. We evaluate everybody. Everybody in football is evaluated. It’s going to happen at the end of the year, that’s the way we normally do it. That’s the way most teams do it.”

So while he might not have made up his mind, it does sound like he’s thinking big.

Umphpool likes this.
  4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Love you too.

FlaJet and Red Menace like this.
  5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Woody's not discussing any plan in this article. Rather he's being non-committal about the future of the Jets FO and coaching staff. He's basically reading the company line. Nothing revealing here.

6. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Typical Gary Myers written, say nothing article. I'm surprised he didn't point out how classless Woody is in comparison to the Giants owners.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I think this article says a lot.

Yes, it may come off as textbook quotes that say nothing more than their face value, but I think he is showing how frustrated he is with it all. Saying he is a fan just like we are and us fans want results.

This is something I was hoping Woody wouldn't be too much of an ignorant retard to ignore. I was praying that he didn't stick with Idzik in the mindset of a "long term" plan. This article proves the opposite. It shows that neither Rex nor Idzik are completely safe and a change needs to happen in this organization. A new GM, a new coach, high pick at QB, etc. Something needs to change or it all needs to blow up. And I think that's what he's clearly getting at and he is willing to do it.

And it's not about, "well, we all knew that". The biggest fear among a lot of us was that Woody would not follow through with dropping the hammer when needed. This seems like he sure as hell will

FlaJet likes this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

MOAR BILLBOARDS MOAR!

NYJalltheway and Pocket Jet like this.
  9. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

I agree 100%. He said nothing about anyone being safe, which says a lot.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Gotta agree here too. From reading between the lines which can be dubious at best, it kinda sez that Woody indeed got the message from the billboards and the plane and certainly this week when all those yellow towels show up at MetLife without Steeler fans waving them. This may be the low point in Woody's 15 year stewardship of this franchise.

I don't see how Woody doesn't make major changes this offseason. I think he realizes that Idzik at this point is toxic and Rex's time here is over. He may still love Rex to death, but I have no doubt Woody is thinking about the PR nightmare if the status quo is maintained. He all but said this in his little interview. It was short, but it certainly was a departure from the rah rah "I have confidence in everybody" stuff from years gone by. This may be the one of the few times that "staying the course" could be a death sentence for the brand and most certainly a franchise.

I still can't believe its really been 15 years that Woody's owned the team! Man I'm getting old but at least I'm aging gracefully no thanks to the Jets!

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I agree. I am a big critic of Woodrow, but I am mildly encouraged by his tone and the content of what he said. Sure he has not committed to doing anything specific, but that would be unrealistic right now (although I do think there would have been merit in firing Ryan after the loss to Miami). He at least did not say anything indicating he's already decided to give Idzik another year.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I like what Woody said. Can't take too much from an article but it sounds like Rex and Idzik are gone. Hope it is true.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

If Woody cleans house, I pray he finally decides to hire a GOOD VP of Football Operations. If we can get someone that knows what they are doing up top - it's going to trickle down.

One thing is for sure, he better fucking not call that firm again.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

What? You mean Woody shouldn't call Adecco for referrals again? Shame on you!!
    Maybe Woody will go on Monster.com to find a GM..

VaBchJet and BrowningNagle like this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

I was hoping he would put a job opening on LinkedIn - I would "critique" my resume and apply for the job. Hopefully my posts on this board give me credibility ...

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Can Terry Bradway be shown the door too?

17. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Geeezzz...we can only PRAY that this happens!!!! I've said it before, we need to clean house from Woody down. Period.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hope and pray that you're right. I'll believe it when he actually drops the hammer and fires both, however, and then makes the right hire at GM.

19. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Then he spells interest wrong.

Got to love a guy who lectures on misspellings while misspelling during his lecture.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  20. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Red Menace likes this.