My only complaint about the whole NY JETS and TEBOW fiasco

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by JETS2013, Mar 31, 2013.

1. JETS2013

JETS2013 Banned

Now, I'm not a Tebow fanatic. I respect him as far as his character and his personal life. But here is my OPINION about Tim Tebow from a football standpoint.

When they aquired Tim Tebow, they never utilized him. They never had a plan for him. No plays, no packages, no gadgets nothing. All they did was give him the ball and let him run. After a few games, it became apparent that they had no plan for him. Soon, everyone was like TEBOW=RUN PLAY.

But here is my main complaint. My didn't they let Tebow play against the Bills? It was a meaningless game! I wanted to know if Tebow grew as a QB or if he made any emprovements! Does Tebow still sucks, or did he improve, I DON'T KNOW! I wanted to see Tim play so bad because I wanted to see if all of his off season training and coaching paid off! I know he had training on his throwing mechanics, and had time to improve, but they never played him, AND WE STILL LOST A GAME THAT DID NOT EVEN COUNT!

Another complaint I have is everybody says Tebow only wants to play QB! But I can find no quote of him saying this! Everytime I see Tim he always says "I want to help out the NY JETS the best way I can".

What would Tim do if they asked him to play tight end, or halfback? Say no? Until I see Tim play, I will reserve judgement! I don't have enough evidence to know if he has emproved or not.

2. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

You don't "know" if he improved because he didn't play. But the coaching staff saw him every day. THEY know if he was improved enough to play from seeing him every day. Even when he first joined the team, they took one good look at him and immediately decided to try to use him and his running ability at punt protector. also used him as a running back most of the time.

Teams just don't do that with guys that they think are going to be a good backup or eventual starting QB. They were pretty much using him at where he actually has the skillset. Using him at punt protector should have been the first clue.

He didn't go to the press and complain, but he did tell Rex he wanted to be a normal every down QB and not just a gimmick. None of us were there for the conversation, but whatever was said ended up with Tebow on the bench and Kerney getting the call for those token plays.

Not that I blame Tebow though. he's becoming somewhat of a punchline to a lot of wild-cat/bad QB jokes, and he sees where his career is heading on this current course. If he ever wants to enjoy the world of rainbows and unicorns that he enjoyed in his college days where he was the team leader, starting QB, and all that.... he needs to be a starting QB. That isn't gonna happen as a gimmick RB/punt protector. Even he can only pull that "good soldier" doing whatever he is asked routine for so long.

I think he should consider a different position rather than stay on that sinking dream of being a starting NFL QB, and will continue to do so until I see something from him that makes me believe he really is a QB. He doesn't even need to be a high end passer with that running ability. He only needs to be average, and he isn't even that. With all the running numbers he put up a year ago, it never really opened much up for him passing wise, or else his total offense wouldn't be near the bottom of the pack from punting the ball away all the time.

3. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

It is common for Tebow fans to use the phrases "I want/need" or "Tim wants/needs." I am sure you wanted to see if Tim improved but the Jets make decisions for the Jets. There are 52 other players/careers affected by each decision and I think the decision makers do what is best for the majority. Tim should have performed better than he did Monday-Saturday; that was and still will be his best chance to get on the field.
    The playcalling was limited because Tim's skillset is limited. He does not have RG3/Kaepernick speed to call a lot of outside running plays and his passing is good enough to beat Ole Miss on a regular basis (diplomatic way of saying terrible). As for the Bills game, remember that Tim has film against the Bills. Anyone remember how Tim played individually against the Bills...? I do and I bet Tim's coaches had access to this film.

4. JETS2013

JETS2013 Banned

Both of your posts make since. I didn't see it from the Jet's perspective. I hope Tim stays in the NFL from a role model standpoint, perhaps changing positions. Oh well.

5. Concerned_Citizen

Yeah, a lot of his fans are clinging on to that hope as well. That is one of the reasons some think he needs to be forced in at starter to some team.

Tim can still be a good role model on whatever reality show he lands on after his NFL career. I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Society would be a lot better anyway if parents popped that cigar out of their mouths and stuck to raising their own kids, rather than looking for some nice guy athlete to point at for their kids to try and emulate.

I think it was Charles Barkley that said, "I'm not your kid's damn role model."

Also, his success might have been a nice feel good story about the little engine that could, something for underdogs in all walks of life, or perhaps those geek types who spent too many of their high school days stuffed into their lockers to look up to. But the league couldn't care less about that aspect if he can't pass worth a shit. Maybe that is why his kook fringe fanbase are playing so hard on this "martyr" angle painting him as such a victim. As if his third string caliber passing combined with fanatical fans telling everyone that none of that really matters had nothing to do with him not getting another gig at starter.

Instead of trying to fabricate an inspiring story through someone elses succes or martyrdom, people need to get off their fat waffle house junkie asses and go get it themselves.

To steal a quote from dodgeball, with a little rewording for relevance to the topic...

[​IMG]

Your predicament might not be your fault, much like baldness or necrophilia, and it's only your fault if you don't hate yourself enough to do something about it. -White Goodman.

Teboners don't need Tebow in the NFL for that.

6. JETS2013

JETS2013 Banned

Ouch!!! That stings!

7. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Tim is still a good role model to a lot of kids. He is kind, faithful and hard working. He just does not have the skills to have much of a career in the NFL like Brady Quinn, Chad Pennington, Colt McCoy and others have. Tim is truly a cautionary tale about the importance of being a team player in a team sport. Tim does not have the once in a generation talent to have a team built around him. Tim could be a role player if he were more comfortable as a team player in the ultimate team game. His parents share a little blame here too. They had him move to a school so he could play QB. His brother was humble enough to make a smart ass post about the Broncos (it was funny and desereved...) This is why Tim (and a lot of his followers) believe Tim needs resources devoted to him alone, special plays and coaching methods so he can improve, and shifts in team philosophy to suit him. Tim and his people think the game should be adapted to him and not the other way around. I bet he wishes he learned differently in 2010.

8. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Teams constantly shift philosophies for either the player or the coaching staff. It's not just Tebow. More teams are actually moving towards offenses that Tebow is well-suited to run.

Just take the Jets... they were ground-and-pound, and now they are moving to a West Coast Offense. Neither of those were done for Tim Tebow.

9. Concerned_Citizen

But why change the team philosophy to get away from something the QB can not do? (Namely NFL caliber passing.) He had been recommended his whole life to change positions. He did prove them wrong at high school (when changing schools) and college, but the NFL is a different story.

Tebow is more suited for that new fad in the NFL of having running QBs, but the others are getting the nod everywhere else because they can throw too. Tebow leaves a lot to be desired in that department. So the game might be coming around to his style for a while, but not neccessarily to Tebow himself.

10. JETS2013

JETS2013 Banned

Just out of curiosity, what position do you think would be a good fit for Tebow, please, no jokes because I'm leaving this question wide open for a good zinger!

Just want to make my self clear, I really like this guy and wish him well and would love to see him play football, no matter what position he plays.

11. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

They change philosophies to suit coaching and personnel, not hide or mitigate deficiencies in fundamentals. Special talents do see teams built to suit them but Tim is not in that category. One team already switched offensive concepts mid season and the best Tim could do was lose to the chiefs, bills and pats twice while managing a good game against Pittsburgh during his fall from grace. Other teams saw that and they have aspirations to do more than lose to some shitty teams and get one decent game against a wildcard team.

12. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

I think if Tebow would be willing to switch to fullback, he could probably make a career for himself in the NFL. I don't think he has the skills to play any other position.

13. JETS2013

JETS2013 Banned

Do you think Rex Ryan or our new OC will ask Tebow to do this? I don't think he would say no. Then my $80 won't be in vain for the purchase of my ELITE Tebow Jersey I bought a few weeks back.

14. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

I could see them being open to i, but Tebow already quit on the team in 2012 when they wouldn't let him play the position he wanted, so I think they might not bother. Tebow could be more flexible about what he's willing to do as more and more jobs get filled at the position he wants to play, though.

15. Concerned_Citizen

Actually, I'm serious too. I'm not kidding when I say I think he'd make an outstanding RB, FB (for teams that actually use those anymore) or TE.

Dude runs people over almost like Mike Alstott did. When he was a Bronco, I'd actually seen him hold a nice block his rookie year against the Raiders... in the mud. You saw part of this when he played punt protector. That wasn't the only block he was able to do either. I'd say O-lineman as well, but he needs to get the ball once in a while too or else it is a waste.

I don't know about his receiving skills, but I think he'd make an awesome Tight End too.

I'm not too sure about him defensively, so I'll leave commentary about him at LB even though he is built like one alone for now.

He's got enough drive and ambition to succeed at just about anything. well, anything that doesn't have him throwing the ball.

I think he's missing out on a still good NFL career for the sake of sticking with the dream. It's every man's dream to fit into the NFL somewhere. He actually has a chance to live it and is blowing it.

What I REALLY don't get is why Teboners always take this as a somewhat backhanded compliment or even an INSULT. I am serious, I really think he'd do well here.

#15 Concerned_Citizen, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  16. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

I think this is just insane.

17. Concerned_Citizen

There was always another high school somewherem, and there are like 90 colleges he could choose from, granted most of them without the pedigree.

but there are only 32 NFL teams, half of which either have an elite QB or have a Qb of the future in mind. Another large percentage don't play Tebow's style or have little use for him.

I dunno, but beggars can't be choosers.

18. Concerned_Citizen

If he keeps taking Sanchez passes in the head, sure. But you don't think he can learn to catch? cuz once he gets the ball, he's got damn good instincts for running with it.

19. JETS2013

JETS2013 Banned

I actually agree with you. I hope he does change his position and stays in the NFL!

20. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

I think he hasn't been a receiver or TE since, what, his sophomore year in high school? There are All American college tight ends that have been playing the position their entire lives that can't make it in the NFL. But this guy is going to convert to the position that he hasn't played and be good enough to do it on the highest level?

Fullback is the position. He can can run with the ball, but he's not an every down back.