My Jets 3 RD MOCK 2.0

Discussion in 'Draft' started by The Lord, Mar 19, 2007.

1. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

1) Anthony Spencer, OLB/DE, Purdue
    Spencer is a pass-rushing tweener with no true position. He has great speed and has a knack for getting into the backfield. Anthony could stand up and play pass coverage or line up as a defensive end with his hand on the ground. Also, he is good against the run. Really a solid all around OLB/DE. He should be there at 25.

2a) Tanard Jackson, CB, Syracuse
    While he is not known as a playmaking corner, he is a solid all around cornerback with a lot of starting experience who can step in immediately across from Dyson. Has good fundamentals, hip fluidity, and footwork. He can play either man to man or zone and will most likely be around at this point. He has some character issues, but nothing Mangini can't work out.

2b) Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
    Ramirez is a huge, extremely strong, roadgrader offensive guard. He has benched 550 pounds before, weighing in at 326 pounds. Ramirez is an outstanding run blocker, perfect for the Jets needs at RG. Durability is not an issue, this guy can definitely stay healthy. He is also a hard worker and team oriented player, with great intangibles. You know you are getting a guy who can step in immediately at RG.

3) Rhema McKnight, WR, Notre Dame
    McKnight has good size and a solid frame and is a natural athlete, very quick. He has good body contrl and ball skills who gives maximum efort and runs good routes. He will work across the middle, good for the short pass style of Chad Pennington, he is smart and productive. He has room to get stronger and has problems with weight...nothing Mangini can't fix.

2. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I'd rather go with a corner like Revis in round 1 and a pass rusher like Woodley in the 2nd. I don't think Spencer is that great and I'm not a fan of Jackson's checkered past. McKnight is average at best and I don't think he's worth a 3rd rounder.

3. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Read up some more on Spencer, he is the real deal at OLB.

4. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I'd rather a different CB in the 2nd round and a different WR in the 3rd, but all in all, not bad.

5. asscue35

asscue35 New Member

I dont know anything about the CB from Syracuse .This doesnt seem bad except Ramirez.

6. Canadian

Canadian New Member

I wouldn't mind McKnight at all

7. Surge40

Surge40 New Member

i think mcknight might be a reach at 3rd rd. He has a history of injury and his size and speed aren't anything special.

8. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

like the jackson pick. his "character issues" are from about 2 years ago when he got stabbed in the chest. thats it. hes a hard worker with a good personality.

9. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

i like the positions but not the players

10. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

I'm ok with this except Tanard Jackson will not go that high. Swap Manuel and Tanard and its believable.

11. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

There is like a 4 pick difference....

12. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I can't think of any major injuries he's had besides two years ago. He was the best ND receiver every year that he played (and that includes Samardzija and Stovall). However, I also think he might be a reach in the 3rd. You're right about his size and his speed, but he is very quick. He has a tendency to lose concentration, and thus has a drops problem. He's got good character, but I'm not sure about his work ethic (by that I mean I know nothing of it, not that it's questionable). I like him as a player, but if I were going to take a 3rd round WR, I'd have my eye on Chansi Stuckey from Clemson. From what I hear, that kid's got amazing work ethic, and I think he's more talented than McKnight is (the speed doesn't hurt either).

13. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Are you serious? You mean to say that 4 picks is the difference between a realistic choice and an unrealistic choice?

14. walter

walter New Member

I would rather pick Eric Wright in the second

15. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

as long as we don't pick ANYBODY from the damn HOKIES