Must-Read Cimini Piece On Trevor: Power Play Coming ?

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 16, 2020.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Check this story out....confirms my worst-held fears but I still think if the Jets get the #1 he won't try anything.

Let me clarify that. I am SURE he isn't going to stiff NY for Jacksonville, Chicago, or some other also-ran city that needs a QB. It's DALLAS that scares me.

I could see Jerry Jones ditching Prescott for Lawrence (he'll save $32 MM a year for 5 years) and trying to give the Jets the Dallas #1 (probably #4 - #8) plus 3 (4 ? 5 ?) additional #1's and maybe one or two #2's.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ikely-no-1-nfl-draft-pick-spurn-new-york-jets

Noam likes this.
  2. JetsKickAss

The Dabo Swinney to Jax possibility (however unlikely) does scare me equally as the Dallas possibility.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LOL

He'll go first overall. Whether that's the Jets or Jaguars. You can bank on it.

Carry on

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I would count any warm weather team as a contender. Particularly one with a dome and a decent roster already in place.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  5. JetsKickAss

Still can't believe we couldn't get a dome for $1.8 billion !!!

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

No shit... I don't think Woody is a great negotiator. Probably just took any deal once the WSS was shot down. (Which I'm still very salty over). I look at Vegas, I look at LA, and I get sick to my stomach when I look at the big air conditioner in the swamp.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I like outdoor football, so I don't mind.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

These are the Cimini articles I hate. There’s no new information in there and it’s almost wallowing in negativity.

He’ll go to whoever picks #1.

FinnishJET, K'OB, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

This article highlights the idiocy of some of the "professionals" in the NFL. The agent who talked about the Jets failures in developing QBs is stupid and irrational. Yes, that has happened, but with different regimes - different GMs, different HCs, OCs and QB Coaches, yet he speaks as if they would be in charge of developing, coaching and protecting Lawrence. Lawrence would be playing and being coached by totally different people, in a different time and situation. Becton is here. There are two solid receiving targets in Crowder and Mims. Douglas is a former OL and is committed to building a strong OL. He understands the importance of protecting the QB. He has seen how shell-shocked Sam is. He would not allow that to happen with Lawrence. The only sure negatives would be if Gase is stupidly retained, if Lawrence met and didn't like the new HC or his system, or if he didn't want to live and play in NY/NJ. Also, most would agree that Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez never really had the talent to be drafted where they were anyway. You can't develop talent that really isn't there to begin with.

I don't believe that Dabo Swinney has any interest in coaching in the NFL. He has a great situation at Clemson. I think that's his alma mater. His faith is a huge part of who he is and how he coaches. I don't think his style would work in the NFL, and I think he knows that as well. I have zero concerns that Jacksonville will hire Swinney.

BradysTornACL and JetsKickAss like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

I agree that he'll go to whomever picks #1, but I actually think it was a pretty good article. He did his homework, it was factual, and there was some info in there that I hadn't heard/read before.

Noam likes this.
  11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I wish Cimini would shut his mouth. Articles like this only encourage Lawrence to veto the jets.

Snoopdogg likes this.
  12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

It doesn’t sound like any power plays in Trev’s future.

Noam, apjbfc, HomeoftheJets and 7 others like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

I disagree. I'm sure (as the article points out) that any agent is going to go through all the options with Lawrence and all the pros and cons of teams. Trevor also has a mind of his own, and Dabo is probably advising him too.

Cman68 and JetsKickAss like this.
  14. JetsKickAss

Should have been retractable.

And the asesthetics of our stadium compared to Jerry World and even Mercedes Benz (Atlanta) are ridiculous. Did we even use architechts ? Yeesh......:D

15. JetsKickAss

Agreed....I've met Rich several times over the years, last few years pre-COVID at Foley's Pre-Draft Get Together. Rich knows his stuff.

Only thing I would have done is press back a bit and asked follow-up to the agents/execs who insist that Trevor will/should force a move. The Dallas angle was never brought up (the less-likely Dabo Swinney to Jax was). If Trevor Lawrence doesn't want to play for the Jets, who WOULD he want to play for ? Jacksonville, simply because it's close to Georgia and Clemson ? Dallas because he'll be the savior with an owner that can pay him in other ways off-the-salary-cap-books ?

16. JetsKickAss

Joe Douglas got a 6-year deal because he is calling the shots. Jet fans have confidence in him and ALL THE COMMENTS I have seen from agents/execs/GMs/TV Gurus is that Joe Douglas knows his stuff.

Idzik and MacCaganan were media and search-company creations.

Mike Tannenbaum wasn't bad because he knew his limitations. He never pretended to be a draft expert, he started as a capologist.

Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's funny because he didn't commit to entering the draft in that video. he sounds pretty unsure there at the end of the video

18. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

TLaw will not spurn the Jets. It’s NY. Dallas is the only wildcard though. Jerry will make the play, and backchannel to Lawrence’s agents. He has the cache where JD aint nothing but a first time GM with everyone saying he has a SHOT to be a good GM. Like how many times have we heard that in football.

19. JetsKickAss

Then Joe Douglas and Jerry Jones have alot in common....I hear Jerry has a good shot at becoming a good GM once he gets some on-the-job experience. :D

I think Joe D. will also be here a long time, but I do believe the Dallas GM will have him beat on longevity. Not sure why....must have something on the owner. :D

azhar80 and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

They get beyond stupid. The rookie salary structure all but prevents thats from happening so theres no chance he holds out for a trade.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Snoopdogg and NCJetsfan like this.