Musings of an old fan on the night before the Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Biggs, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Draft day. Who’s going where? Who will bust? Who will be great? Who will change the game? Tomorrows a day of massive upheaval. Veteran players are about to fight for their professional survival. Some will be forever loved as SB champions, others discarded relics. Some of them healthy others beaten and bruised all of them replaceable.

The draft is just another storyline playing out in the grinding sands of time. The draft is our continuing love of NFL football and the team we root for. The hope of a great future and the memory of a dystopian past that hangs like a shadow over fans of losing teams everywhere.

I sometimes duck at the shadow of losing that seems to be hanging over the team like death itself. Draft day is a chance to change the future. 250 men turning pro drafted and signed across the league. Their future is ahead of them along with the future of my team and the game itself. It's faith that tomorrow is going to be better than today injected directly into the heart of every football loving soul.

Time is drawing closer. Mac make it so...

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

None of this matters because the rich billionaires pulling the strings don't want your team to win, so it won't. Where have you been? This has been obvious since Rollerball came out.

Hackenberg, twown, abyzmul and 4 others like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Biggs,

You are an asset for this board man. Awesome post. I am giddy. I took Friday off. I am leaving work early tomorrow and starting draft festivities. Should be an awesome day tomorrow.

Pepsiguy5, twown, Noam and 1 other person like this.
  4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Troll

Skicats likes this.
  5. Brook!

It won't happen. The minute he posts a nonsense, I will delete his message and kick him out of this thread.

Jets69 likes this.
  6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to this draft as well but fear being let down as so often in the past......last year was all about Darnold - that was fine. Not only am I anxious/curious as to the first pick and what happens, I'm really anxious about the 3rd rounders as well....recent history hasn't been so kind in the mid rounds. I'm hoping for the best with or without a trade down.

ColoradoContrails and Brook! like this.
  7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The day after the draft, Gholston was going to be the next LT. Chris Ward the next Winston Hill. It's sort of like having a lottery ticket. It's all good until they draw the numbers. Enjoy the draft and be optimistic until proven otherwise on the field. Tomorrow may be better.

mrjet80 and Mr mittens like this.
  8. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Damn! Well spoken Biggs. I hope Mac hits a grand slam over the next few days. The Jets need it for sure.

Pepsiguy5 and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Explain Kyle Brady then.

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

10/10 thread. @Brook! Can it go in the main forum?

11. Brook!

It was on the main forum but @Royal Tee moved it. I won;t go against the royalty of our board. :)

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

looking forward to the draft, also taken Friday off as it doesn't start here until 1am - I was excited for this one as I figured its either trade down or guaranteed to get one of the 3 top prospects but now worried we are going to pick Ed Oliver :(

in some ways its nice not to have second round pick though as we are pretty much guaranteed to stuff it up based on past performance

Brook! likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm already accepting of the fact that I'll be let down and angry over who Mac picks. If he does the right thing and takes Allen, it will be a pleasant surprise. I'm not holding out any hope for the other rounds, either. My only hope for this team rest with Gase and his CS being great at their jobs, Bell, Osemele and Crowder being great signings, and Chris Johnson finally comes to his senses and fires Mac.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Biggs. Well said. Hope springs eternal. For us Jet fans it starts with the draft each and every year. Last year Sam brought us renewed hope. His rookie season, amidst some very awkward circumstances and painful to watch coaching, he solidified IMO a place in our hearts for a brighter future. Let us hope this year the draft builds upon that foundation and adds more 'game changer" talent we so desperately need.
    It all starts tomorrow, when the third pick is on the clock. And we will all be glued to the screen, wishing and hoping our dreams come true.
    Thanks for the thread.

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Very poetic, and optimistic, as one can afford to be before the draft. Enjoy it while it lasts.

CBG likes this.
  16. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

My favorite movie/cult classic.
    29 top 10 picks and you can't take a hint.
    I wish they would have used football helmets..not motorcycle helmets. Creative helmet designs though!