MTA Bus crashes into Brownstone in Brooklyn

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by patleahy, Jun 7, 2021.

1. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-yor...0210607-mbyz5s5mjfb4hbj7topu7um4ta-story.html

An MTA bus crashed through the front of a Brooklyn brownstone Monday after the driver’s foot got stuck between pedals — leaving 16 people injured and obliterating the facade of a ground-floor doctor’s office.

The B49 bus was traveling south on Bedford Ave. in Prospect Lefferts Gardens when it slammed into at least three vehicles, jumped a curb and smashed through the front of a three-story building on the corner of Lincoln Road at 1:55 p.m., witnesses and authorities said.

“It sounded like a house collapsing,” said Adrian Sandy, 40, who lives on the opposite corner from where the bus crashed.

None of the 16 people hurt in the crash had life-threatening injuries, authorities said.

Witnesses at the scene who came to the aid of the bus’s driver said he told them his foot became wedged between the brake and the accelerator, causing him to completely lose control of the 40-foot 13-ton vehicle.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

When I tried that excuse on I-95 they still gave me a failure to obey the posted speed limit ticket.

3. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

did u see the pics, @Br4d The bus jumped the sidewalk and completely demolished the front of a doctor's office!

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

patleahy likes this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hopefully it was the Brownstone that Bill Belichick bought Sharon Shenocca.