Most Memorable Jets Play In History.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, May 14, 2015.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

What would you say is the most memorable Jets play that you watched happen? That one great play that made you explode in celebration?

This should be a fun discussion given that we all started as Jets fans in different time periods.

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

this one immediately comes to mind:

Was watching it with the jet meetup group we have here in boston. place was packed and erupted when that kick went through the uprights. cant remember a louder and crazier atmosphere watching a jets game be it at a bar or at the stadium. there is acutally a video out there of us watching it and the reaction, ill try and find it

and also this one:

patriots were nobodies at the time... and the dolphins were the team i hated most during that period. coming back, on monday night, in that fashion was unreal

#2 jerseyjay14, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
  3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The most memorable play is a negative one,The Butt Fumble

4. HackettSuxTNG

Sunday, September 21, 1986 - Ken O'Brien hits the bomb to Wesley Walker to win the game in overtime. Final Score: New York Jets 51 - Miami Dolphins 45

It's the fourth Walker Touchdown in this video:

ajax, NCJetsfan, Hobbes3259 and 10 others like this.
  5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I was at that gave and walked out late in the fourth to beat traffic..what a mistake. Oh, and let junc tell you how much O'Brien stunk again.

NCJetsfan and slimjasi like this.
  6. HackettSuxTNG

That was the FIRST time the Jets beat Mario's Dolphins. What a high that was.

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I hate to say one of my most memorable was also a negative one only because it was my first Jets playoff game live. I was in the closed end of Shea, lower level for the Jets Bills Wildcard game in '81. Down 31-13 with about 10 minutes left Todd rallied the Jets, helped by the Sack Exchange, got them back to 31-27, Todd drives the team down to the 10 yard line on the open end of Shea with 10 seconds left, crowd is on their feet, Todd drops back to pass, sees Gaffney in the end zone, fires the ball and throws an interception at the goal line.

nycarl and jilozzo like this.
  8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

3 plays immediately came to mind..

1) Calvin Pace rocking Br*dy in the 2010 playoffs..
    the fear in Br*dy's eyes on the replay was icing on the cake

2) Chad Morton's kick return TD in OT against the Bills.
    opening day 2002

3) Curtis Martin's game winning TD pass to Chrebet
    vs Tampa in 2000, as Meshawn sulked on the sideline after talking so much shite

there are probably better plays, but these 3 were just pure bliss for me, and stand out as great moments..

9. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I'm pretty young so the first one that came to mind for me was the back corner fade from Sanchez to Holmes in the 2010 divisional win over the Pats.

socaljetfan, Footballgod214 and cgrec like this.
  10. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Most recent that comes to mind is Edwards dragging 2 Pats into the endzone for a TD in NE.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Dennis Byrd breaking his neck isn't something I'm going to forget anytime soon.

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Geez guys! The question clearly states that it needs to be a GOOD play that elicited celebration.

I can't believe so many of you can only bring up the "bummers" we all can't help but remember. Leave those for another thread. Damn.

Ubiquitous and stinkyB like this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Just to be a little different I nominate this underrated but still extremely memorable play, Testaverde hitting Dedric Ward DEEP late in the 3rd quarter in blistery Rich Stadium December 20, 1998 to clinch this organization's 1st division title as a member of the NFL:

(1:12 mark)

Also who can forget the Testaverde phantom TD run to cap off an amazing game just 2 weeks prior.. The REASON the NFL reinstated instant replay:

[​IMG]

By the way, that 1998 team, 1 of only 2 teams in NFL history to beat 7 playoff teams in a season. That buffalo win was 1 of them and Seattle would've been 8, the NFL record if we didn't knock them out!

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Barkum scoring to beat the Dolphin in the final seconds at Shea in '81.
    Wesley Walker tying the Dolphins on the last play in regulation in the 51-45 game.
    The Shonn Greene "sleep" TD that iced the NE playoff game.

These were all wild celebration moments for me. I might have picked the first two because it was against the hated Dolphins, AND I was lucky to be at the game, so the effect of the crowd enhanced the experience.

I'll throw in one more goody for the old timers: Lance Mehl's 2nd interception that iced the playoff game in LA against the Raiders. We ran around outside bumper hitching rides on cars on the ice covered Cranford NJ streets. That was fun.

nycarl, nyjunc and jilozzo like this.
  15. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Jumbo Elliott

mikey and no psls like this.
  16. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

Def. the Jumbo Elliott Monday Night Miracle TD catch.

2nd. - Curtis Martin RB pass to Wayne Chrebet to beat the Bucs and Keyshawn\

3rd. - Mo Lewis ending Drew Bledsoe

Honorable Mention - Shonn Greene trucking Weddle in the playoffs & Shonn Greene putting the Pats out of the playoffs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#16 3lixer., May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    Royal Tee, NCJetsfan and JetsVilma28 like this.
  17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Folk's GWFG against the Colts will forever be memorable because it was on my dad's birthday and we went absolute apeshit.

Really loved the blown lead/came back to win anyway game against the Texans.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. AlmostNamedMyDogRevis

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis Active Member

One play that comes to mind is Kerry Rhodes' interception vs Pittsburgh back in 07. Idk why but it does

19. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

My favorite play in jets hustory was the santonio td against the pats in the 2010 playoffs

BleedGreen89 and Footballgod214 like this.
  20. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

We did this over a year ago and I think I was the first one to mention this play back then , but it was about three pages into the thread, so I am glad that you mentioned it first now.

Here's a link to the NBC broadcast, with the silent crowd at Indy pierced by Folk's yell as the kick goes through the uprights

I'm a fan since '64, and I can think of a lot of plays, but I love this one because of the silent crowd and Folk's reaction

Some others I love that haven't been mentioned
    Namath's 3 play drive and the TD to Maynard to regain the lead for good in the '68 championship game
    Todd to Walker 3& 1 bomb to the Raiders 1 in '82 AFC semi-final
    O'Brien to Toon to Beat Giants in '88

nycarl and NCJetsfan like this.