More criticism of the front office

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Feb 18, 2024.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Elhai has no business being a team president. He has zero background in the actual sport

other teams have proven winners or NFL greats as their team president. The Jets have this guy

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

How did that work for Kraft?

Although the Pats had a winning franchise.

3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Kraft didn't do anything illegal, he just got caught being a dirty old man and slumming it in comparison to his social station.

Masseuses was referring to Deshaun Watson. We need to set Woody up with something illegal like that.

4. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Woody and a sex rap? You've got to be kidding. The evidence would never stand up in court (nyuk, nyuk, nyuk). What would they charge him with: assault with a dead weapon?

ukjetsfan likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

There was already a scandal that started brewing when Woody was, embarrassingly, an ambassador. Racist and sexist comments & actions were reported but it got nipped in the bud quickly and buried in the news. He's got someone helping him there.

Theres also a freaking photograph! of Woody with that Ghislaine Maxwell lady, the 'Madame' for young girls. And Woody somehow escapes that too!

those of us dreaming for a scandal that forces him to sell the team are obviously gonna have to pick up a new dream. He is bulletproof :(

Acad23 and abyzmul like this.
  6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It's cronyism at its finest. First they had some guy named Neil Glat and now they have this Yahoo. Woody Johnson is the root of all isues with this franchise.

This Elhai person is just another shining example of the ineptitude that is Woody Johnson and the NYJ. Teams like the Niners get former NFL legends like John Lynch and we end up with some guy who sounds like he just stepped off a Kibbutz. Logical ass backwards move by Woodrow once again.

If and when the Jets ever clean house (most likely after another shitty 2024 season) they should clean it completely, don;t leave any old remnants or stains behind. They seem to have such a problem understanding this concept.

7. BrowningNagle

I dont care about his name and at this point I dont even care about his background or if he was qualified before being made team president (he wasn't). I just want him to be held accountable for his job performance. He was made team president in 2019. The Jets have been a dumpster fire 2019-present.

It is not working, fire him and hire someone new

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. JetsNation06

The point is none of these Buffoons are qualified. Anyone with a clue could figure that out. They belong in some accounting firm, not with an important high ranking position making paramount decisions for an NFL franchise. That's the point. Typical SOJ hires.

NYJetsO12, ouchy and BrowningNagle like this.
  9. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Jojo likes this.
  10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Hey, Neil is a good guy and he's brilliant. I was friends with him in college.

11. JetsNation06

And your point is? He's completely useless and wayyy over his head when it comes to building a winning NFL franchise. That's the point.

12. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Yeah, but is that the responsibility of the team president? I thought the team president does business development. Selling tickets and stuff like that.

Jojo likes this.
  13. JetsNation06

He's part of a bigger problem called Woody Johnson. Everything from there on down is toxic because it has Woody's prints on it. Your buddy would fall in that camp. Although I'm sure he's still really proud about fleecing all these fans for jacked up season ticket prices when the product he is partially responsible for putting out on the field is atrocious.

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

He may have been made president in 2019 but he didn't just drop out of the sky then. He has worked for the organization for 24 years. He is a lawyer and the Jeets website bio for him indicates only business related tasks except for this paragraph:

"Entrusted by Chairman Woody Johnson, the collaboration among Elhai, Douglas and Saleh, forms the foundation that has moved the Jets toward their goal of being a sustained, winning, and innovative franchise on and off the field. Throughout his time as president, Elhai has worked closely with the football staff, providing counsel and support for various organizational-encompassing objectives."
    I have no idea where they got the idea that the Jets Have "moved...towards their goal of being a sustained winning" or "Innovative" franchise anywhere.

The bio: Hymie Elhai (newyorkjets.com)

#34 Ralebird, Feb 20, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
  15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Won’t work. See: Robert Craft massage parlor scandal for more.

Edit: I see it was already posted. I’m leaving it because it was somewhat therapeutic typing it out.

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Rogers wasn’t the reason the Jets sucked last season and upgrading the QB position wasn’t a bad call. Not making sure they could protect him and having a qualified backup on the roster was.

What’s ironic is that Woodys at the top of organizational chart yet he contributes heavily to its disorganization due to his inability to hire the right people and allow them to run the team.

17. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

All good, I still maintain that Kraft didn't do anything illegal, just sort of shocking for his age group and station in life.

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

A bit of an aside from this terribly true and depressing discussion..

So my son the Giant fan wanted to cheer me up over the Holidays by getting me a Jets sweatshirt with the original 1960 logo. Then he says he wants to go to see a game at MetLife next season! ( he once said that he would never be attending a Jets game being a cross town rival)

What do you guys think ? Honor my Vow never to go to MetsLife for a Jets game till they are sold or spend some family time with son?..sigh

19. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Family outweighs everything... even fandom. Go create a memory with your son.

dmw, NYJetsO12, NY Jets68 and 4 others like this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

How was it not was illegal?

The charges got dropped because the court blocked the use of video that (allegedly) showed him paying for sex.