Monday Night FootBall Detroit

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, May 1, 2018.

1. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Hey guys...

I am considering going to the Detroit opener in Detroit and was wondering if anyone has been to the stadium or around the stadium?

How's the environment? Nice stadium to catch the game? How are the restaurants around the stadium?

Thank you much if you can provide help, as I would be flying there and paying for hotel.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

All I know about Detroit is 'A Band Called Death' and 'It Follows'. Sorry.

3. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I'm also going and spoke with a friend that grew up just over the border. As far as the stadium he said it's a pretty enjoyable viewing experience. Concessions are reasonably priced, few bad seats and should receive nothing more then a few jokes for cheering for the opposing team, no violence or stupidity unless you act like an asshole. Outside of the stadium he said there are a few bars and restaurents so you shouldn't have an issue finding a place to pre game. Most fans, especially opposing teams, will park in one of the mnay structures located within a block or two of Ford Field and pick a bar or "family" eatery on the walk. Said the tailgating is not quite the "culture" it is elsewhere like GB or Buffalo. As far as the city being unsafe he assured me they have a lot of extra police and security for any gameday as the city, teams and leagues are terrified of bad press. Not sure if this helps and if i learn anything mnew from him i\ll update this message.

4. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Bumping this thread. I am heading to the game Monday and having a pre game dinner at Pizza Papalis. Wouldn't mind having a beer with a few of you if you're making the trip.